Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

To our Northwich Friends

Comments

• Options
    Witton have extended an invite to Lincoln. Shameless!
  • Options
    Thanks for all your comments and hopefully we will prevail come Saturday.
    The cup run has been our saviour where 'money owed' is concerned (a conservative estimate is 500-600k).
    If the cup run ends on Saturday, then we should hope to have made around 250-300k - 40k from the FA, 67.5K & 75K from TV and 15k & 15k from shirt sponsors Bet 365.
    We are expecting to better our current highest attendance (3154) on Saturday, with Lincoln expecting to bring 800 with them (including their air raid siren - apparently they sound it every time they win a corner !). Hopefully it will be another good atmosphere and we put on a good show for any of you watching on the box.
  • Options
    Awww, shucks guys.

Thanks for all the good wishes. Much appreciated.

Whilst I'm quietly confident of us being able to take the game to a replay, don't hold it against us if we roll over and have our tummies tickled against Lincoln.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Thanks folks. Cheer us on from your sofa!
    6am start for me :( Portsmouth or Southampton away would suit me if we get through!

Not been half as much fun on the forums with the Lincoln lot, unfortunately, but they look like making up for it on Saturday at the game. 8 coaches, all paid for by the club.
  • Options
    Yep, good luck chaps.
  • Options
    Good luck for saturday!
    Saints or pompey would be good and I'd like to come to that!
  • Options
    I don't think we should let anyone in in Round 3 who didn't travel to see our game ;-)
  • Options
    All the best Vicks!
  • Options
    C'mon the Vic's! Got to love a team when one of their supporters posts on here by the name of my favourite band!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]C'mon the Vic's! Got to love a team when one of their supporters posts on here by the name of my favourite band!

Dorsetgreen - never heard of 'em...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]C'mon the Vic's! Got to love a team when one of their supporters posts on here by the name of my favourite band!

Dorsetgreen - never heard of 'em...
    Lol, i line 'em up Algarve ;-) x
  • Options
    Thanks KBslittlesis - yes, we are both Genesis fans and admirers of teams that play football fairly (Charlton and Vics).
    The user name was easy to choose - the band, new ground, new forum.
    Pity is that we are both giving away our age!!!!!
    PS: KBslitltlesis check out 'Face Value' on t'internet- they are a cracking tribute band (based locally to us, in Widnes).
  • Options
    No offence, but my mate supports Lincoln and they haven't been having the best of times lately, so I hope they turn you over and get a big club in the next round.

Soz an that.
  • Options
    Good luck the Vics. Palarse at Sellout Park in the next round would be awesome!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Genesis[/cite]Lincoln expecting to bring 800 with them (including their air raid siren - apparently they sound it every time they win a corner !). Hopefully it will be another good atmosphere and we put on a good show for any of you watching on the box.

air raid siren - quality.

good luck vics.
  • Options
    You've got it in the bag Vics, if Lincoln are bringing 800 their fans then the players will be so unused to playing in front of so many of their own at an away match that they will get stage fright and loose - we always did!
  • Options
    The air raid siren is called "air-o" and they use it at corners. Also, when Lincoln score their fans often put their arms out and sing the Dambusters march, owing to the fact that the Dambusters squadron was based just up the road.

Come on the Imps!
  • Options
    1-0nil down at momment but to a quality goal! they deserve to be level, come on you northwich- on itv now

and im also up to going away palace if they get through would be a giggle
  • Options
    Great equalizer, Imps then go down the other end and score. 1-2
  • Options
    3-1 - Clinical finishing from Lincoln.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unlucky. You can hold your heads up though. Taking chances was the difference.
  • Options
    Looks very much like the Trickies will be out of Admin this week.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Looks very much like the Trickies will be out of Admin this week.[/quote]

And that is a result
  • Options
    Well done Lincoln.
  • Options
    Well folks, all good things come to an end sometime....

For us 'regulars' this Cup run has been beyond our wildest dreams. Last season we had been totally shafted by our Chairman, were totally backrupt, locked out of our ground and forced to play one of our 'home' league games (vrs Histon) at Altrincham. We were at rock bottom, only a few hundred die-hards could face it - amazingly we went 1-0 up, but then had a player sent off, our GK broke his leg and Histon scored 2 goals in added time. It all seemed very apt. As we trooped out, we thought it was the end of our club. We were gutted.

Less than a year later, we've survived and are building our club again. We're just very grateful still be here and that we've not been forced to watch Man U/Liverpool/Witton (lol). The games against FC United of Manchester, you guys & Lincoln have saved our bacon. Despite defeat, we're 'over the moon' tonight and enjoying a drink (or 2)........

Thanks for all your good wishes & good luck for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    And good luck from this southern outpost of Vics-dom till we meet again in some cup or other.
    Thanks for following us.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Aww they got done 3-1 im sorry i really am. They gave us a good welcome up there im told and you guys more than deserved your win against us. Diddnt watch the game today but am sad you went out, we will probly be in the same league in a few years guys (the way you made us look like the non league team) :-). Best of luck for the rest of the season hold your heads up.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: TrickyMark[/cite]Well folks, all good things come to an end sometime....

For us 'regulars' this Cup run has been beyond our wildest dreams. Last season we had been totally shafted by our Chairman, were totally backrupt, locked out of our ground and forced to play one of our 'home' league games (vrs Histon) at Altrincham. We were at rock bottom, only a few hundred die-hards could face it - amazingly we went 1-0 up, but then had a player sent off, our GK broke his leg and Histon scored 2 goals in added time. It all seemed very apt. As we trooped out, we thought it was the end of our club. We were gutted.

Less than a year later, we've survived and are building our club again. We're just very grateful still be here and that we've not been forced to watch Man U/Liverpool/Witton (lol). The games against FC United of Manchester, you guys & Lincoln have saved our bacon. Despite defeat, we're 'over the moon' tonight and enjoying a drink (or 2)........

Thanks for all your good wishes & good luck for the rest of the season.[/quote]

How secure are you now for the future? Have you got a new Chairman
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    How secure are you now for the future? Have you got a new Chairman

The current Chairman/owner is the new one - the previous incumbent was the bankrupt (financially and morally) crook (allegedly, I suppose I should add) who dragged us down as noted above.
    How secure can a club our size ever be? If we are lucky, we'll come out of admin having paid off a large percentage of the previous owner's debts due to the money from the cup run, which might help restore a bit of faith locally in the club amongst businesses in the area. Can't really blame them for shying away from us up to now, but we need their support in the future for sponsorship etc etc.
    No doubt the 3500 from yesterday will be down below 1000 for our league game on Tuesday. That's the reality of what we need to budget for ...
    Anyway, I've already said my farewells once on here, so I'm off ...
  • Options
    Keep fighting lads and good luck. Small compensation but if we had to be KO'd from the cup I'm glad it was to a team with a decent bunch of supporters who need the money.