Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

To our Northwich Friends

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
who have given us such entertaining banter since the draw was made.

Well done. You thoroughly deserved it today.

Good luck against Lincoln in round 2 and then get a money tie against a Prem club.

Your guys played for the shirt today. Ours were a disgrace in the main.

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2009
    Seconded. Well played Northwich.
  • Options
    You were the better team and good luck in your FA Cup run.
  • Options
    ...especially the DORSETGREEN bloke, I am glad you're going to enjoy your long journey home, get out of admin folks, your fans were non-stop and you were totally all round excellent.
    I take some comfort in my feelings of utter shame are balanced by your feelings of joy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]who have given us such entertaining banter since the draw was made.

Well done. You thoroughly deserved it today.

Good luck against Lincoln in round 2 and then get a money tie against a Prem club.

Your guys played for the shirt today. Ours were a disgrace in the main.

Yep hearty congrats and Lincoln are beatable and if you get past them then I hope you get a decent away tie against a Prem team and a chance to make some money.
  • Options
    well done,played with passion.thought sodje played with heart at least.
  • Options
    Echo what Len says - well played, boys.

Randolph, Sodje and Dailly only come out with any credit.
  • Options
    Good Luck Fellas.............
    You were the Better Team.
  • Options
    Congratulations. Can we have your team?
  • Options
    Actually, a couple of theirs came down to our passive fans behind the goal and offering them out with all sorts of bad language and gestures. Leaving the ground there was a severe shortage of gracious in victory. Shame really as it went against the spirit that i was expecting from those on here.
  • Options
    Amen.

Good luck in the next round (and beyond!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    played us off the park good luck.
  • Options
    Same here too. Today is your day- we just didn't turn up,too many players frankly bottled it and couldn't be arsed to battle for our club and probably thought it was a mere formality. I am sure if we played for hours we would not have interupted your goalie's relaxed afternoon.
    I hope that Charlton Athletic learn a little from Northwich Victoria regarding effort commitment and pride in the shirt because your lads had that to spare and (Dailly and Randolph and Izzy at right back excepted who gave it their all honourably excepted) if we can harness that level of performance we won't go far wrong for the rest of the season. We can do better than that (honest) but really Northwich could and should have won by more they were that good. Hope you stuff Lincoln!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]Actually, a couple of theirs came down to our passive fans behind the goal and offering them out with all sorts of bad language and gestures. Leaving the ground there was a severe shortage of gracious in victory. Shame really as it went against the spirit that i was expecting from those on here.
    Plenty of muggy little c***s in the world. Nothing to do with football at all - that sort of prick always turns up at non-league grounds on cup day. Ignore them, they'll crawl back under their stones soon enough and I'll venture that most of them have never set foor inside Northwich's ground before so have sod all to do with their real fans.

Northwich deserved the victory - should have won by three or four.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]Actually, a couple of theirs came down to our passive fans behind the goal and offering them out with all sorts of bad language and gestures. Leaving the ground there was a severe shortage of gracious in victory. Shame really as it went against the spirit that i was expecting from those on here.

Every club has their arsehole fans. The ones on here were decent as I'm sure the majority are.
  • Options
    Congratulations Northwich - you fully deserved your win. You wanted to win, we didn't, it was a simple as that.
  • Options
    Well done lads..all the best against Lincoln!
  • Options
    Fair play to NV, they were excellent throughout and we can have NO complaints about the result, ref, pitch or anything else except our totally inept perfomance. Like all Addicks I'm sure I wish them well from this point onwards.
  • Options
    give it a rest,well done northwitch.
  • Options
    Northwich were the better side they deserved to win and yes good luck to them and I hope they make plenty of dosh which they need.

As for us, a total embaressment and ........ ok I'll go to the other threads, there say, plenty of headline threads for the inquest.
  • Options
    Well done lads - how we didn't know that you had a tall bloke and someone who could throw the ball is beyond me. You could have told us and then we could have told our "manager" !

You did well, fair play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lol
  • Options
    Yes well done. A draw would not have been a fair result. NV created vitually all the chances.
  • Options
    No doubt about it, that was a well deserved victory. Here's wishing you a nice long cup run.
  • Options
    i know some of there fans today probably have a league team as there club,but they were very loud today,never stopped singing reflecting there teams perfomance on the pitch who were on song!
  • Options
    Agree the banter here this week has been great fun, and was wondering whether it was one of you guys that was responsible for the "You're just a small club in Welling" chant. We were fairly pants but I thought the "Are you Witton in disguise?" chant was a touch harsh.
  • Options
    Probably harsh on Witton!
  • Options
    They done well but I thought they made 4 subs.Am i right?
  • Options
    Yep, well done Northwich Vic. You showed us exactly what the FA Cup should mean to your squad. Passion, desire and commitment. The very best of luck in the next round.
  • Options
    Came over well on the T.V: the ground looked smart and the pitch was a credit to them. Pity we couldn't put up a better performance on it. Good luck against Lincoln, you deserve a big pay day in rnd 3.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    they just caught us on an off decade is all.

Look on the bright side --- only another 5 years and the sun might shine again.