Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

GET OUT PARKINSON!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    what McLovin and PL54 said.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Johnny, sorry, but this isn't as soon as things start to go downhill, we finished last in the CCC (not a great league), last season. We had an encouraging start this year, but a number of us were pointing to the problems around the corner while we were still winning. You can type fact in block capitals as many times as you like, but we're second in the league as a result of points amassed at the start of the season and the last few weeks we've been papering over the cracks.

I don't see any point in sacking him at this point, but trying to hide from the fact that we're on a slide, is delusion.

You're right to blame the players but a) they are players that he picked and b) if you give the man credit for bringing togetherness and renewed motivation to the squad then surely he has to carry the can for feilding a bunch of dispirited players very few of whom looked like they cared less about what they did yesterday.

I dont see anypoint where i actually mentioned we are not going downhill at the momment, as i agree we are on a slump and we need to get out of it. but however i was merely putting my point accross that i think would not be the correct decision(at this point) to sack him.

I do have confidence we can stay up there, but then again the rate we're going would be a no. but im basing this on the squad we have and i predict we will pick it up against mkdons and hopefully we will kick on again from there.

As for putting FACT after every sentence was again putting my opinion accross and i am aware does not actually mean facts, although i felt they are good points

It is slightly worrying at mo, but ye have some faith!

Our main problem like yesterday is we seem to be resorting to route one which is why we went down last year, we just need to learn to keep the ball on the deck and then we can start to play football and get back to winning ways
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Here's a kind of compromise position. Obviously, Parky is going nowhere at the moment, whether you like that or not.

But Mr Parkinson - as a sign of your good faith and honesty and decency (virtues I am happy to associate with you) - why not DECLINE the contract extension and put a statement on the OS saying: ''Thanks but I haven't done enough yet. I want you to judge me at the end of the season on what we've achieved. That's the time to decide if I've earned a new contract.''

If he said that, I think everyone would get off his back for a couple of months and respect him while he gets on with the job of trying to put us back on track.
  • Options
    Worst i have ever seen us.

One poor game though.
  • Options
    why would anyone decline a contract offer? other then they was not happy to stay with the club

Dont think would make any difference in this instance, as you would still have ppl on his back just the way charlton fans are they dont seem to get the full picture

also if he declined it then he would basically say himself that he is not doing a job, which he obviously feels that is not the case

Beginning of season everyone would be happy with 2nd, but because of the start we had and our recent form everyone then starts to jump on his back. yes it is partly down to him, as he has to be able to get them out of this slump but also it is the the playas also
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Worst i have ever seen us.

One poor game though.

Take it you werent at Gillingham, Carlisle or Colchester then?
  • Options

One poor game though.

Sorry, which one Gillingham, Northwich or Carlisle.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]

One poor game though.

All 3.

All teams go through a bad run of form, and we are clearly in the middle of one.

If things don't improve by xmas i'd be worried, worst thing we could do is chop and change AGAIN because we haven't won 6 on the spin.
  • Options
    or Oldham ??
  • Options
    or Millwall ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]

One poor game though.

All 3.

All teams go through a bad run of form, and we are clearly in the middle of one.

If things don't improve by xmas i'd be worried, worst thing we could do is chop and change AGAIN because we haven't won 6 on the spin.

A bad run that has been going on since Curbs left and a run that parkinson clearly cant halt.

It is not good enough. Change is needed before we find ourselves in league 2 or worse.

His victories at the start of the season are starting to look like they have flattered to deceive and mean nothing if there is no consitency.

Insisitng on playing mccleod or 1 up front does not work. 2 up front and mcleod as last resort..stevie wonder could see that.
  • Options
    To clarify:

1. 90% are not happy with Parky
    2. 99% have no idea of a possible and feasible replacement
    3. As a result of no.2 the unhappy 90% are resigned to letting him continue

Questions

1. Are my clarifications correct?

2. Are the players not as good as we thought and Parky is actually doing well with just an OK - good Div 3 bunch?

3. Is Parky mis-managing players who are good enough to be in Division 2?

4. Why are we even bothering to debate this? Are we mad?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]To clarify:

1. 90% are not happy with Parky
    2. 99% have no idea of a possible and feasible replacement
    3. As a result of no.2 the unhappy 90% are resigned to letting him continue

Questions

1. Are my clarifications correct? Probably higher if you ask people who dont post on forums

2. Are the players not as good as we thought and Parky is actually doing well with just an OK - good Div 3 bunch?

They are 3rd division players but so are leeds and gillinghams and they still appear more motivated and get their managers get the best our of them. I could do an ok job by playing 2 strikers up front, not loaning out my only striker who has a proven goal scoring record in this league and not playing mcleod when hes done nothing to merit it but i know sweet fa about football thats why i work in an office.

3. Is Parky mis-managing players who are good enough to be in Division 2? Yes

4. Why are we even bothering to debate this? Are we mad? Because we care and unfortunatley long after the board, management and players have long moved on we still willand well be the ones left with the consequences.
  • Options
    apart from Randolph who should have kept coming for the goal but hesitated all the other players were shocking along with the tit who put the side together i have supported charlton for over 25 years and that is the worst display i have ever seen i thought we performed bad against wycombe a few years ago but this tops it

roll on wed lets see the players reaction and yes if they loose at hom sat parky will be getting some serious abuse from the North Stand

also re his contract extension parky should have waited till the end of the season before we give him any rewards now if with jog him on we will have to pay out that contract the board are also complete tits we aint won nothing yet and were giving out contract extensions plonkers
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Here's a kind of compromise position. Obviously, Parky is going nowhere at the moment, whether you like that or not.

But Mr Parkinson - as a sign of your good faith and honesty and decency (virtues I am happy to associate with you) - why not DECLINE the contract extension and put a statement on the OS saying: ''Thanks but I haven't done enough yet. I want you to judge me at the end of the season on what we've achieved. That's the time to decide if I've earned a new contract.''

If he said that, I think everyone would get off his back for a couple of months and respect him while he gets on with the job of trying to put us back on track.

That would be a nice sentiment, but why should he? You or I would never do something like that in our lines of work. He doesn't read these forums, and I think that in the real world people understand that he is not in a position to be sacked when we are second in the league. My brother who saw this thread over my shoulder (who never comes on forums, but is an avid and typical charlton fan), said "these lot are all crazy. what an overreaction" (to paraphrase).

To the others who are saying we'll never be 2nd in a few weeks, etc etc etc - surely you have to hold off on the criticism and moaning until this predicted fall from grace is played out to some extent in the league. I don't have much respect for people calling for his head because of what MIGHT happen. Yes, poor form IS happening at the moment, but he has earned the right to a dip in form after such a (surprisingly) wonderful start - the fact that we are STILL second plays this out. If he had spread the defeats and draws over the season more evenly, you lot would not be moaning like this - you would probably be praising the fact that we are second, like we should be.
  • Options
    Had to search for this thread. First of all I have to say that sacking the Manager is not an option at the moment despite the fact we are playing as poorly as we have done all season at the moment. If we lose the next five or six on the spin, then maybe this will gain momentum.

As for people asking to name a possible replacement. I know exactly who we should go for. Sean O'Driscoll at Doncaster all day long for me. Team play excellent attacking football, we would pay far more than Doncaster ever could, plus we have a bigger fan base, we are just worse off positionally at present. For now though we should stick with Parkinson.
  • Options
    This thread is really the build up of 2 years of frustration - and probably more from some people who thought we should be moving to the next level in the premiership (ie curbs wasn't good enough to get us in the top 6).

People really need to understand where we are and what we are.
    At the beginning of the season where did people realistically expect us to finish. I say expect not hope. we all hoped for a top two. Realistically a play off place would have been reasonable bearing in mind our position last year, our financial status and the players we had to sell/offload to reduce our cost base. Norwich,Southampton, Leeds, MK Dons, Huddersfield were all in far better positions in all of these areas. Parkinson had offload and get in free transfers and I would have thought signing Dailly, Sodje, Richardson and Burton was good business. I think everybody was also pleased we held onto Shelvey and Bailey.

so realistically a play off place although we all hoped for better. Then we have a brill start and everyone all of sudden thinks its easy and we have a divine right to win it.

Please wake up - this is a long road back.
  • Options
    Any more words of wisdom, "choice" DJ?
  • Options
    So are you all happy now?
  • Options
    What I.S said.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The judgment needs to be made on a consistency of performance and results.

He doesn't get judged solely on today's great win over MK Dons any more than he gets judged solely on the poor loss to Northwich Victoria six days ago.
  • Options
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i would say that should shut a few up right now.

i still dont agree with him getting a new contract as i would have liked to have seen it earnt, but like i said a few days ago form is temporary class is permanent

knee and jerk comes to mind
  • Options
    he will be judged on the end of season,play with two up front with the snapping and snarling we showed today and we may well go up.time to toughen up like we did today.
  • Options
    14 minutes to go and we could not get a 6th outrageous, I blame Parkies substitutions :-)
  • Options
    I read this thread for the first time today. I can understand the frustration from a string of bad performances, and won't suggest that a great result today should erase that which came before, but the vitriol on this thread and others is shocking.

Oh well, for today's purposes, credit where credit is due, I suppose!
  • Options
    Nobody really questioned him, most people think he should manage England - he just had a run of bad luck.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]The judgment needs to be made on a consistency of performance and results.

He doesn't get judged solely on today's great win over MK Dons any more than he gets judged solely on the poor loss to Northwich Victoria six days ago.

Doug. Quite so. We have been consistently good. That is why we are second, outplayed Leeds and Norwich on their own grounds, and have just thrashed the team snapping at our heels.

When you are in a hole, mate, stop digging.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]Nobody really questioned him, most people think he should manage England - he just had a run of bad luck.
    Eh? Where on earth did you get that idea from?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Can-addick[/cite]I read this thread for the first time today. I can understand the frustration from a string of bad performances, and won't suggest that a great result today should erase that which came before, but the vitriol on this thread and others is shocking.

Oh well, for today's purposes, credit where credit is due, I suppose!

yep, i read it also for the first time today and i believe that some posts were somewhat more extreme (if that was possible) and were removed. thankfully we don't have to read everything and get ourselves even more wound up by the nonsense that can get written.
  • Options
    Parky's taken us to Hull and back.