Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

GET OUT PARKINSON!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Prince-e-Paul[/cite]cant see any point in getting rid of parkinson. he has had a good season on balance so far. we NEVER do well in the cups, so whats new there. we were beaten today by a team ten games without defeat. whatever league they are in the are in good form. were at a crossroads, one win in eight and two straight defeats. its not the end of the season, just the end of the cup. its a big league and although the extra money and glory of cups is great we need promotion. we cant afford a big squad. we cant afford much quality. we cant afford to sack parky. back him and the team or back off!
    Can't see any point in getting rid of Parkinson. are you serious ? the man is tactically inept, he has no bottle and is rubbish in the transfer market. We NEVER do well in the cups ???? is that an excuse for our abject performances ?? we lost because we were passionless and utter rubbish without any team work whatso ever, WE DID NOT LOSE BECAUSE ITS JUST THE CUP.

This is ridiculous.
  • Options
    We NEVER do well in the cups ? ? We NEVER lose to non league teams either. Oh...
  • Options
    Serious question on here now - aimed squarely at the five or so posters who seemed to have joined up in the past few weeks simply to moan like f*** about anything and everything to do with the club.

Who would you put in charge instead of Parkinson? Considering we have:

No money to invest in the squad,
    A youth team that isn't exactly brimming with talented youngsters,
    A board that has probably put every single penny they can muster into preventing the club from going into administration,
    No new investment on the horizon (and no chance of getting any in the current economic climate),
    A set of 'fans' who start booing the millisecond something doesn't go right (the same fans who can't be f***ed to travel anywhere outside London to support the team they follow), and - and this is the probably clincher -
    NO F***ING MONEY TO PAY SALARY FOR A DECENT MANAGER

Attractive proposition aren't we?

Does anyone on here, in their right mind, seriously think the board would have made Parkinson first, second, third or even tenth choice when he was made permanent last year? It was painfully apparent to all with even half a f***ing braincell that the reason we didn't get a different manager in was because we couldn't f***ing well afford one!!!

Some of you on here need to wise up, grow up and shut the f*** up. Am I happy with Parksinon? No - not particularly. We made a good start this season under him but he seems unwilling (or unable) to move away from his 4-5-1 formation with any success, which has made it painfully obvious to other teams how we're going to play even before they turn up. However, the fact remains that it's absolutely f***ing pointless moaning about it, or posting SACK THE MANAGER/BOARD/PHYSIO/CATERING STAFF blah blah f***ing blah - because there isn't anyone else available or who would WANT the f***ing job.

Jesus wept.
  • Options
    i agree

jesus was indeed weeping today, unless he was watching the Eastenders omnibus on BBC1.
  • Options
    starting to lose total fait in charlton, today was the worst performance ive ever seen from us, look like we'd never played football before
  • Options
    I agree too....though I might not come Christmas if we dish up any more crap like we did today.
  • Options
    Leroy is right on the button with this- cutting thru the chaff to get to the heart of the matter. I said on another post where someone was demanding a replacement for Parky- like who?? To my knowledge there is actually at this point NO ONE- so get used to it, get behind the boys next Saturday with anything like the venom displayed on here and we may win against MK Dons. Give me three points on saturday over any cup win.
  • Options
    Midfield was very poor today. We didn't pass and move, we missed passes, tried too many times to run round them and didn't look in control. We were getting closed down too quickly, highlighting a lack of skill you would have hoped our professionals would have. Hopefully we can wipe this memory away with a couple of league wins. I hope next time out we will just look like we can control the ball and pass to feet, then the chances will come.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Serious question on here now - aimed squarely at the five or so posters who seemed to have joined up in the past few weeks simply to moan like f*** about anything and everything to do with the club.

A board that has probably put every single penny they can muster into preventing the club from going into administration,
    No new investment on the horizon (and no chance of getting any in the current economic climate),
    A set of 'fans' who start booing the millisecond something doesn't go right (the same fans who can't be f***ed to travel anywhere outside London to support the team they follow), and - and this is the probably clincher -

Does anyone on here, in their right mind, seriously think the board would have made Parkinson first, second, third or even tenth choice when he was made permanent last year? It was painfully apparent to all with even half a f***ing braincell that the reason we didn't get a different manager in was because we couldn't f***ing well afford one!!!

Some of you on here need to wise up, grow up and shut the f*** up. Am I happy with Parksinon? No - not particularly. We made a good start this season under him but he seems unwilling (or unable) to move away from his 4-5-1 formation with any success, which has made it painfully obvious to other teams how we're going to play even before they turn up. However, the fact remains that it's absolutely f***ing pointless moaning about it, or posting SACK THE MANAGER/BOARD/PHYSIO/CATERING STAFF blah blah f***ing blah - because there isn't anyone else available or who would WANT the f***ing job.

Jesus wept.
    ... because keeping him will keep us in League 1 therefore making us poorer = even less cash than we have now and it will most probably show an end to any takeover possibility. I m sure there are many managers out there who could do a better job with the same or bit higher salary therefore giving us a chance to make it up this season. The team tactics and spirits are in a mess and thats Parky's job.

If you stopped to think about that instead of swearing every two words maybe you ll realise that its the best thing for the club and team
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE7 Expat[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Serious question on here now - aimed squarely at the five or so posters who seemed to have joined up in the past few weeks simply to moan like f*** about anything and everything to do with the club.

Jesus wept.
    ... because keeping him will keep us in League 1 therefore making us poorer = even less cash than we have now and it will most probably show an end to any takeover possibility. I m sure there are many managers out there who could do a better job with the same or bit higher salary therefore giving us a chance to make it up this season. The team tactics and spirits are in a mess and thats Parky's job.

If you stopped to think about that instead of swearing every two words maybe you ll realise that its the best thing for the club and team
    What - you mean 'speculate to accumulate'? OK. Because that really worked out well with Dowie & Pardew didn't it...

As for the idea that any other manager would get us out of league 1 - and hence into 'the promised land' of the Championship (said without a trace of irony) - where's the suggestions for who that might be? Given that every single part of my post is accurate, and that you have singularly failed to provide any potential candidates for the job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    your view on the haye fight leroy?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Leroy, you are spot on mate. We have no money at all and unless we can attract outside investment quickly I fear we will only see players being sold in January. People do need to get real and understand that we are a football club in a pretty perilous financial position. Parky is doing what he can in extremely difficult circumstances so how about getting behind the bloke?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]your view on the haye fight leroy?
    Thought it was the dullest title fight I've ever seen. Pretty impossible to see how Haye won it, but then again Valuev spent almost 12 rounds throwing punches at mid-air. Someone's clearly had a word with the two judges who gave it to Haye though - and at least it means that future heavyweight title fights will be more exciting - Haye v Klitschko (either of them), Haye v Ruiz (who I don't rate but will at least throw some punches). You'll probably have seen it differently (as you always seem to!)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    ok, brilliant you must be right. lets stick with Parky because he's doing such a great job. Looking a the team cohesion on the pitch today... all will be fine its just a blip.. (another one). I m not going to chase around to find who would like to coach the team or who's even available. I am just stating that all that Parky will do is keep us in league one. I can tell you I would even take Kinsella.

I work in Hedge funds and yes sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate but on the same time you try to hedge your bets. Parky's tactics are poor and you can see that the team weren't playing together and normaly that stems from the manager.

Also don't you understand if we stay in this league another season I doubt the board members will pump another 15Million to keep the club out of admin. And i don't blame them.
  • Options
    didnt we give him the care taker managers job ?-- didnt he f**k that up ?

didnt we give him the job full time and go down with ahuge points gap from saftey ?

Thats geting behind him

didnt we just loose to a side 80+ places below us------- still only the cup and must be the fans fault not backing the useless c**t.
  • Options
    This is clearly NOT the time to be suggesting Parky should be outed...look where we are in the league.
    Yes diss him for today's performance but we simply have to back him for now.
    We've been looking a bit shaky these last few weeks and yes just maybe the rot 'has' begun to set in but until we can say that for sure...in a few weeks time , let's get behind him and the team.
    Today was an utter disgrace and we're all pizzed off and rightly so...but WE ARE second in the league and now's not the time to call for his sacking...that's ludicrous.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]This is clearly NOT the time to be suggesting Parky should be outed...look where we are in the league.
    We've been looking a bit shaky these last few weeks and yes just maybe the rot 'has' begun to set in but until we can say that for sure...in a few weeks time , let's get behind him and the team.
    Today was an utter disgrace and we're all pizzed off and rightly so...but WE ARE second in the league and now's not the time to call for his sacking...that's ludicrous.
    Pretty much agree with this. I think a lot of the concerns stem from this contract extension thing. Once again we seem to do the right thing at the wrong time.
  • Options
    How can anybody think we are doing well by being 2nd in the league right now - we can't score, our (on paper brilliant) midfielders aren't on it at all and the manager can neither get the players bothered nor offer any tactical discipline, creativity or innovation.

2nd place is a legacy, just like the Premiership and one we're holding onto by our finger nails - today was a total joke and surely nobody can think otherwise ?

"allows us to focus on the league " you're having a laugh. Millwall, Leeds, Norwich, Colchester and plenty of others are concentrating on the league but they managed to beat a team well beneath them in the cup !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]This is clearly NOT the time to be suggesting Parky should be outed...look where we are in the league.

Absolutely spot on. Unfortunately, after last seasons debacle, it was always going to be case of panic stations, for some, at the first sign of a bad run.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]How can anybody think we are doing well by being 2nd in the league right now - we can't score, our (on paper brilliant) midfielders aren't on it at all and the manager can neither get the players bothered nor offer any tactical discipline, creativity or innovation.

2nd place is a legacy, just like the Premiership and one we're holding onto by our finger nails - today was a total joke and surely nobody can think otherwise ?

"allows us to focus on the league " you're having a laugh. Millwall, Leeds, Norwich, Colchester and plenty of others are concentrating on the league but they managed to beat a team well beneath them in the cup !

I'm fully aware that we have been well below par these last few weeks...indeed who doesn't.
    But knee jerk reaction is just plain stupid....football is a very strange game, as quickly as you lose form you can find it again...who knows?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We were second in the championship in november 2 years ago under pardew.... then we tailed off....

React now, players, parky, anybody, or the same will happen again.
  • Options
    I agree with leroy, way too early to sack the manager particularly seeing as though no money to bring in anyone better or at least it would be just as much of a risk. My biggest concern though was I thought we had hit the bottom, but after today's performance I fear we may have not. The next few weeks for our club is critical and I'm not usually into dramatic posts.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fortune Costa Fish[/cite]We were second in the championship in november 2 years ago under pardew.... then we tailed off....

indeed and after watching this game and the lack of givin' a sh.t / cohesion on the pitch it looks like its also going the wrong way... but this time its in league 1.

Too many people give far too much credit for being second in this league, We have championship players who should do better FACT
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fortune Costa Fish[/cite]We were second in the championship in november 2 years ago under pardew.... then we tailed off....

indeed and after watching this game and the lack of givin' a sh.t / cohesion on the pitch it looks like its also going the wrong way... but this time its in league 1.

Too many people give far too much credit for being second in this league, We have championship players who should do better FACT

What do you mean far too much credit...FFS.....look at the table it's a FACT!!!!
  • Options
    This is something that has been coming for along time.I was unable to see or hear anything of todays game thank goodness but i can only go by comments on this and o/s.
    I DO NOT BLAME PARKY but i hate the system ie 4-4-1-1.Go back to p,n.e game and Blackpool last season played the same system got us nowhere.The man to point the finger at is the man that has played his last card with another 7 million put into the club by him and other persons unknown.Mr MURRAY i feel for you tonight you can do nothing else but lose more money the way the set-up is at Charlton at the moment.We are heading only one way in this division and i fear come transfer window a few players ,the better ones will walk out the door.Ihope i am wrong with this statement
    but until Mr Murray steps down Charlton will be playing the same type of football and PARKY will still be manager of a very clueless division 3 club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: SE7 Expat[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Fortune Costa Fish[/cite]We were second in the championship in november 2 years ago under pardew.... then we tailed off....

What do you mean far too much credit...FFS.....look at the table it's a FACT!!!!

And Mick McCarthy once had Millwall in first place at Christmas and they still got relegated. FACT.

So where Charlton are now, and where they could end up -- based on the current trend -- is a subject that can be debated.
  • Options
    SoundAs - at what point and what league position will you see what's in front of you ?

We are only 2nd by virtue of a start which we can all now see was beyond our current ability or managerial capacity.

"We're still in the play offs"
    "We're holding our own mid table"
    "We're too good to get relegated"

There is something fundamentally wrong - if your business was performing like this right now you'd make some changes not remember how good it was back in the day. Are you genuinly confident that we're the 2nd best team in the 3rd division ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]

do you actually think that with the squad we have its thanks to Parky that we are 2nd in the league ?? all parky has done is mess up the team and time will show you.
  • Options
    Once more - two hours later - nothing in the way of suggestions for a replacement are there?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]

Jesus wept.

What - you mean 'speculate to accumulate'? OK. Because thatreallyworked out well with Dowie & Pardew didn't it...

As for the idea that any other manager would get us out of league 1 - and hence into 'the promised land' of the Championship (said without a trace of irony) - where's the suggestions for who that might be? Given that every single part of my post is accurate, and that you have singularly failed to provide any potential candidates for the job.

I'm not in the Parky out camp quite yet (the time for that was in the summer) but too many more of these performances, and we could be out of another cup by Thur morning after all, and we might as well give someone else a go with the new broom approach that I felt was needed back then. You're going to ask who and I'm going to say I don't know for certain but there's a guy just up the road from me at Dean Court right now doing a fantastic job in circumstances much, much harder than Parky's. I'm not saying he's the answer but I am saying I am 100% sure there are alternatives about who would still fancy the job.