Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

GET OUT PARKINSON!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Leroy Ambrose
    We have no money and until we find a Euro jackpot winner things will remain the same.Avery sad day indeed.
  • Options
    BA - thanks for at least making a valid contribution. Not sure I agree (untried, untested, no experience, managing in a division below us) but at least it's more useful than "SACK PARKY NOW!!!" (and replace him with... errrmmm... someone else)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE7 Expat[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Fortune Costa Fish[/cite]We were second in the championship in november 2 years ago under pardew.... then we tailed off....

React now, players, parky, anybody, or the same will happen again.
    indeed and after watching this game and the lack of givin' a sh.t / cohesion on the pitch it looks like its also going the wrong way... but this time its in league 1.

Too many people give far too much credit for being second in this league, We have championship players who should do better FACT

What do you mean far too much credit...FFS.....look at the table it's a FACT!!!!
    do you actually think that with the squad we have its thanks to Parky that we are 2nd in the league ?? all parky has done is mess up the team and time will show you.

Well who are we to thank then...I'm finding it impossible to follow your logic?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fortune Costa Fish[/cite]We were second in the championship in november 2 years ago under pardew.... then we tailed off....

indeed and after watching this game and the lack of givin' a sh.t / cohesion on the pitch it looks like its also going the wrong way... but this time its in league 1.

Too many people give far too much credit for being second in this league, We have championship players who should do better FACT

What do you mean far too much credit...FFS.....look at the table it's a FACT!!!!
    do you actually think that with the squad we have its thanks to Parky that we are 2nd in the league ?? all parky has done is mess up the team and time will show you.
    How often do you get to see Charlton at the moment expat?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Serious question on here now - aimed squarely at the five or so posters who seemed to have joined up in the past few weeks simply to moan like f*** about anything and everything to do with the club.

Who would you put in charge instead of Parkinson? Considering we have:

No money to invest in the squad,
    A youth team that isn't exactly brimming with talented youngsters,
    A board that has probably put every single penny they can muster into preventing the club from going into administration,
    No new investment on the horizon (and no chance of getting any in the current economic climate),
    A set of 'fans' who start booing the millisecond something doesn't go right (the same fans who can't be f***ed to travel anywhere outside London to support the team they follow), and - and this is the probably clincher -
    NO F***ING MONEY TO PAY SALARY FOR A DECENT MANAGER

Attractive proposition aren't we?

Does anyone on here, in their right mind, seriously think the board would have made Parkinson first, second, third or even tenth choice when he was made permanent last year? It was painfully apparent to all with even half a f***ing braincell that the reason we didn't get a different manager in was because we couldn't f***ing well afford one!!!

Some of you on here need to wise up, grow up and shut the f*** up. Am I happy with Parksinon? No - not particularly. We made a good start this season under him but he seems unwilling (or unable) to move away from his 4-5-1 formation with any success, which has made it painfully obvious to other teams how we're going to play even before they turn up. However, the fact remains that it's absolutely f***ing pointless moaning about it, or posting SACK THE MANAGER/BOARD/PHYSIO/CATERING STAFF blah blah f***ing blah - because there isn't anyone else available or who would WANT the f***ing job.

Jesus wept.
    ... because keeping him will keep us in League 1 therefore making us poorer = even less cash than we have now and it will most probably show an end to any takeover possibility. I m sure there are many managers out there who could do a better job with the same or bit higher salary therefore giving us a chance to make it up this season. The team tactics and spirits are in a mess and thats Parky's job.

If you stopped to think about that instead of swearing every two words maybe you ll realise that its the best thing for the club and team
    What - you mean 'speculate to accumulate'? OK. Because thatreallyworked out well with Dowie & Pardew didn't it...

As for the idea that any other manager would get us out of league 1 - and hence into 'the promised land' of the Championship (said without a trace of irony) - where's the suggestions for who that might be? Given that every single part of my post is accurate, and that you have singularly failed to provide any potential candidates for the job.

I'm not in the Parky out camp quite yet (the time for that was in the summer) but too many more of these performances, and we could be out ofanothercup by Thur morning after all, and we might as well give someone else a go with the new broom approach that I felt was needed back then. You're going to ask who and I'm going to say I don't know for certain but there's a guy just up the road from me at Dean Court right now doing afantasticjob in circumstances much, much harder than Parky's. I'm not saying he's the answer but I am saying I am 100% sure there are alternatives about who would still fancy the job.

That will be the Bournemouth manager whose team lost at home to Rochdale 0-4 last week. Yes, he wouldn't last long at Charlton would he ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Serious question on here now - aimed squarely at the five or so posters who seemed to have joined up in the past few weeks simply to moan like f*** about anything and everything to do with the club.

Who would you put in charge instead of Parkinson? Considering we have:

No money to invest in the squad,
    A youth team that isn't exactly brimming with talented youngsters,
    A board that has probably put every single penny they can muster into preventing the club from going into administration,
    No new investment on the horizon (and no chance of getting any in the current economic climate),
    A set of 'fans' who start booing the millisecond something doesn't go right (the same fans who can't be f***ed to travel anywhere outside London to support the team they follow), and - and this is the probably clincher -
    NO F***ING MONEY TO PAY SALARY FOR A DECENT MANAGER

Attractive proposition aren't we?

Does anyone on here, in their right mind, seriously think the board would have made Parkinson first, second, third or even tenth choice when he was made permanent last year? It was painfully apparent to all with even half a f***ing braincell that the reason we didn't get a different manager in was because we couldn't f***ing well afford one!!!

Some of you on here need to wise up, grow up and shut the f*** up. Am I happy with Parksinon? No - not particularly. We made a good start this season under him but he seems unwilling (or unable) to move away from his 4-5-1 formation with any success, which has made it painfully obvious to other teams how we're going to play even before they turn up. However, the fact remains that it's absolutely f***ing pointless moaning about it, or posting SACK THE MANAGER/BOARD/PHYSIO/CATERING STAFF blah blah f***ing blah - because there isn't anyone else available or who would WANT the f***ing job.

Jesus wept.
    ... because keeping him will keep us in League 1 therefore making us poorer = even less cash than we have now and it will most probably show an end to any takeover possibility. I m sure there are many managers out there who could do a better job with the same or bit higher salary therefore giving us a chance to make it up this season. The team tactics and spirits are in a mess and thats Parky's job.

If you stopped to think about that instead of swearing every two words maybe you ll realise that its the best thing for the club and team
    What - you mean 'speculate to accumulate'? OK. Because thatreallyworked out well with Dowie & Pardew didn't it...

As for the idea that any other manager would get us out of league 1 - and hence into 'the promised land' of the Championship (said without a trace of irony) - where's the suggestions for who that might be? Given that every single part of my post is accurate, and that you have singularly failed to provide any potential candidates for the job.

I'm not in the Parky out camp quite yet (the time for that was in the summer) but too many more of these performances, and we could be out ofanothercup by Thur morning after all, and we might as well give someone else a go with the new broom approach that I felt was needed back then. You're going to ask who and I'm going to say I don't know for certain but there's a guy just up the road from me at Dean Court right now doing afantasticjob in circumstances much, much harder than Parky's. I'm not saying he's the answer but I am saying I am 100% sure there are alternatives about who would still fancy the job.

Leroy is 100% correct. Let's be avin you then, all those Parky out men. You still haven't nominated a replacement !

Curbs is the only possibility, now he has won the court case, assuming he would return on crap wages.
  • Options
    my question is: is that five or six exclamation marks? i think its more appropriate to have six with statement as opposed to five.
  • Options
    SiSi
    edited November 2009
    It all boils down to the fact that we are SECOND IN THE LEAGUE. As a few people have already said. Regardless of cups/form etc, it's the league position that counts. I don't give a shit about anything else. And at the moment, we're second. Anyone who thinks we should oust Parky when we're sitting second in the league is making themselves look a little bit silly IMO.
  • Options
    We might aswell lose in the JPT on Wednesday and put 200% into each and every League game, no excuses. It's embarassing losing in the way we did today, but we weren't going to get much further in the FA Cup let's be honest...

BIG improvements in the league, I'm hoping to cling onto 2nd place, but we'll see.
  • Options
    e are sick of you Parky.you are PardewS bitch and you are a clone of the useless twat. No Plan B Ever. --- Falll on your sword now and Fuc k off. WHat a fuck ing discgrace THIS TEAM IS. out out out..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Southampton game will (I hope) be very different. Against Pardew and another League One side, with likes of Wagstaff and Basey probably playing, they'll take it more seriously and won't underestimate their opponents. I hope they see it as a game to fight for their places.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]e are sick of you Parky.you are PardewS bitch and you are a clone of the useless twat. No Plan B Ever. --- Falll on your sword now and Fuc k off. WHat a fuck ing discgrace THIS TEAM IS. out out out..
    What would your plan B have been?
  • Options

7 or 8 games a year as I m flying in from Geneva. So that obviously mean either that am a plastic supporter or I can't juge because I don't turn up at every single game. I am just giving my opinion, I truely beleive that since he has taken over the team there is less teamwork and workrate. I also think his tactics are all over the place, and yes I do believe that any other manager who was given the team we have would also be 2nd if not first of the league, just on player quality.
  • Options

7 or 8 games a year as I m flying in from Geneva. So that obviously mean either that am a plastic supporter or I can't juge because I don't turn up at every single game. I am just giving my opinion, I truely beleive that since he has taken over the team there is less teamwork and workrate. I also think his tactics are all over the place, and yes I do believe that any other manager who was given the team we have would also be 2nd if not first of the league, just on player quality.

I refer to the the last sentance......Oh dear oh dear oh dear!
  • Options
    Serious question.

Is there another team anywhere in British league football that the manager's home is as far away from (sorry poor sentence, but you probably know what I mean) as us?
  • Options
    It was a tough day yesterday, we all know that. But sacking Parky would be wrong, the bigger picture for us from a playing and it seems a financial point of view, is the league and hopefully promotion. If we look at the bigger picture regarding the squad size, money available and the work done and still yet needed to clear Pardew's miserable rein, then Parky has done well (not brilliant, but well) and therefore deserves time. I personally feel he has a good approach and will ultimately do a good job, although I could be proved wrong. The tough times require us to back the club we love, and to that end I will. Keep going Parky and good luck.
  • Options
    Oh get over it. Let's see where we are in January. Who is going to be able to transform this set of this seasons over-acheivers-under-acheivers.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Northern_Monkey[/cite]Quote Mortimerician:
    "Serious question.

Is there another team anywhere in British league football that the manager's home is as far away from (sorry poor sentence, but you probably know what I mean) as us? "

Yes - Ancelotti, Zola, Chris Houhgton, Alex Ferguson, O'Neil, McLeish etc. if place of birth is what you mean?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Northern_Monkey[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Northern_Monkey[/cite]Quote Mortimerician:
    "Serious question.

Is there another team anywhere in British league football that the manager's home is as far away from (sorry poor sentence, but you probably know what I mean) as us? "

Yes - Ancelotti, Zola, Chris Houhgton, Alex Ferguson, O'Neil, McLeish etc. if place of birth is what you mean?
    [/quote]

I'm assuming he means where the manager lives in relation to the training ground.
    Redknapp lives at Sandbanks but drives to Spurs every day, that's pretty far.
  • Options
    jeesus this thread is angry
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bring in (seths??) goat
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Northern_Monkey[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Northern_Monkey[/cite]Quote Mortimerician:
    "Serious question.

Is there another team anywhere in British league football that the manager's home is as far away from (sorry poor sentence, but you probably know what I mean) as us? "[/QUOTE]

Yes - Ancelotti, Zola, Chris Houhgton, Alex Ferguson, O'Neil, McLeish etc. if place of birth is what you mean?[/quote][/quote]

I'm assuming he means where the manager lives in relation to the training ground.
    Redknapp lives at Sandbanks but drives to Spurs every day, that's pretty far.[/quote]

I thought I read that Parky lives in Essex. That would make sense as he used to manage Colchester!
  • Options
    I thought he lived in Hull still. Family settled there. It's odd since he had such an unhappy time there and clearly isn't local to that area.

Not sure his living arrangements are the problem to be honest. He was terrible at Hull, despite being local.
  • Options
    oh dear
  • Options
    giving him a contract extension was ridiculous and will soon be seen to be so. When players like Sam and Racon have acres of space in front of them and run the ball out of play you have to wonder what they do in training. Parky isn't going to get us out of this Division and this will be a wasted season. At the end of it the clamour for his head will be such that he'll have to go and the Board will have to pay up a year of his contract that would have been unnessessary. Those sticking behind Parky, saying we are still second etc, then good luck to you, you are entitled to that point of view. For me he's taking us nowhere. We are getting consistantly worse and there is only one way for us and it ain't up.
  • Options
    blah blah blah

Same old charlton fans as soon as things start going downhill, we over-react and blame parky.

two points here, firstly this is partly due to the playas which everyone always seems to forget

also we are still 2nd and this is not by fluke, yes of late we have been poor and on a bad run but on paper we have one of the best squads in league 1......FACT!

do not see the point of getting rid of the manager when we are still second in the league..........FACT! as this is our main proirity

Although that sed we do need to pick up again, which hopefully we will do again saturday and those doubters will then say parky best manager ever.....FACT!

See where we are come new year and if not 1st,2nd or close to automatic spots then i think would be fair to start shouting this, need to look at the bigger picture ppl on here.......... FACT!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite] When players like Sam and Racon have acres of space in front of them and run the ball out of play you have to wonder what they do in training.

I agree. I thought the pitch looked quite wide yet we kept running the ball out. We were in a state of panic in every area of the field.
  • Options
    These aren't FACTS, these are your opinions JB1987

FACTS are things like yesterday's embarrasment, the total lack of goals in recent games, current form, managerial recent inability to select and motivate a team that can win and tactical niavity to not change formation and personnel until it is too late.

In advance of your next FACT - yes we are 2nd but I am not sure anyone feels confident of us mainitinaging that position in the next few weeks. Let's see what the next 2 league games bring us.
  • Options
    Johnny, sorry, but this isn't as soon as things start to go downhill, we finished last in the CCC (not a great league), last season. We had an encouraging start this year, but a number of us were pointing to the problems around the corner while we were still winning. You can type fact in block capitals as many times as you like, but we're second in the league as a result of points amassed at the start of the season and the last few weeks we've been papering over the cracks.

I don't see any point in sacking him at this point, but trying to hide from the fact that we're on a slide, is delusion.

You're right to blame the players but a) they are players that he picked and b) if you give the man credit for bringing togetherness and renewed motivation to the squad then surely he has to carry the can for feilding a bunch of dispirited players very few of whom looked like they cared less about what they did yesterday.
  • Options
    What McLovin said