Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Manny Smith of Walsall may well be a better option than the Colchester bloke, don't know his contract status though.
  • Anyone know if Mambo and Bover are going to get contract extensions?
  • edited July 2012
    Was announced today they both signed extensions until 2013. I assume they mean 1 year deals and not until end of December.
  • Evina tweeted that he had played a 5-a-side with Kyle Bartley .. Could tat be in cafc training ?
  • Evina tweeted that he had played a 5-a-side with Kyle Bartley .. Could tat be in cafc training ?
    We can only afford to employ 5 players next season! OMG!!!!!!
  • A lot of the lads play 5 a side at Goals. They take pleasure in thrashing the regulars up there.
  • David Bentley on season long loan is the latest story plucked from thin air on FR.

Was a player till he decided to chase the money and go to Spurs. Has looked two bob ever since.
  • I don't know how he did in his few games at West Ham last season but I would have thought he'd be brilliant in the Championship, shame he seems to be a bit of a dick and it is FR.
  • edited July 2012
    Bentley's wages will be sky high.
  • Yeah, can't see him being SCP's cup of tea either.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2012
    A reliable source I know from Norwich who was acquaintances with Bentley when he was there confirms that he is a dick head.
    Then again who thought Leon Clarke would be ...
    Then again who thought Leon Clarke would be ...
    Evidently he wasn't.
  • Bentley's wages will be sky high.
    Cant a loaning club come to an agreement to part fund wages from the parent club? i.e we will pay 'x'% of a players wages and the parent club pay the difference? Just a thought.
  • Bentley's wages will be sky high.
    Cant a loaning club come to an agreement to part fund wages from the parent club? i.e we will pay 'x'% of a players wages and the parent club pay the difference? Just a thought.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think that might already happen. I thought man c were paying some of adebayors wages while he was at spurs. It makes a lot of sense to do that, especially for younger players being loaned out for experience as it's their parent club who obviously benefit in the long run.
  • Mirror is still linking us with Derby centre half Shackell this morning
  • Mirror is still linking us with Derby centre half Shackell this morning
    It says on the skysports website that he's close to going to burnley. Apparently after a couple of offers of around 1.2 mil were rejected they've accepted an improved offer. Hadnt seen anything of him before the rumours that we were interested but derby fans seem to rate him and apparently he played every game for them last year. Looks like he'd be a great addition but it's looking like he might be another one that's going elsewhere
  • I wouldn't rule it out.
  • Oooh
  • I wouldn't rule it out.
    Come on, what you been told. I demand you name your source ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• To clarify, that's not be pretending to 'be in the know' - it's just a bit of a gut feel considering the recent boardroom shift.

Or maybe it's a bit of hope that once again that's got hold of me that we'll be able to loosen the purse strings slightly.
  • I think a good deal of the delay is waiting for whatever this mysterious financial confusion actually is to be resolved one way or the other. Once SCP knows what money he has, we'll see it spent. And very wisely too if past form is anything to go by.
  • Agree @thenewbie.

Big difference between "cash problems" and "cash-flow problems". Hopefully it was the latter and the recent shuffle has eliminated the issue.
  • My feeling is identical to WSS above, anyone who has run a business knows the cash flow scenario, well run or not, succesful or not, I am sure we will be smiling a lot more by the end of the week, actually change that should read "bickering by the end of the week"
  • I am sure we will be smiling a lot more by the end of the week, actually change that should read "bickering by the end of the week"
    Is SE7 now one of the famous five celebrity six?

Can I be the first to say that whoever it is that were signing they are too old/short/over paid : - )

• And I'm fully prepared to be called a WUM, talking a load of bollocks and all that when we sign someone as it proves the 'sources' were wrong. :-(
  • This may not be popular opinion but every time I've seen Jason Shackell play he's looked clumsy and accident prone.

I'm sure there would be better options for a million
  • I reckon one or two signing will be done today. No source just a feeling......
  • I reckon one or two signing will be done today. No source just a feeling......
    most people been saying this since the 1st mate... I hope your right!

• players are back tomorrow so today or tomorrow would make sense, but they have to be done first
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!