Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Cort is far better than Okuonghae, although in another year he may not be.
  • If I am honest he feels like a better younger Cort. Don't see a need for both of them as much as I like Cort
    you said it your self. BETTER.

yes yes of course! Kind of came out wrong, I could see Cort being let go if we bring him in.
    Cort is first choice centre half alongside Morrison and has just signed a new contract. Okounghae would be cover and depth, not a replacement. At present we only have 3 centre halves as it looks like Mambo won't amount to anything special. We also only have Solly as a right back given the reluctance to use Andy Hughes last season.
    Cort signed a new contract? Or do you mean he only signed back in January?
  • Yes...one has to remember that Cort played very well for those last few weeks or so and was well worth his place, he certainly deserves a crack in The Championship......in an ideal world we could bring in this fella but I think they'd all be expecting first team football....which we of course couldn't guarantee.
  • Magnus was immense in the air but we played hoofball against them and played into his hands.

He's ok but how many teams will play hoofball in the championship?

Fwiw - he was utter guff at their ground when we stuffed them
  • another one we were rumoured of getting close to a deal with...
    Coventry set to announce the signing of John Fleck from Rangers today
  • another one we were rumoured of getting close to a deal with...
    Coventry set to announce the signing of John Fleck from Rangers today</

It worries me we not signing any one?.

• Just keeping our powder dry, Valley27000
  • The sacking of Dyche stinks, I hope Zola changes his mind
    I agree to an extent because they haven't handled it well but it happens a lot in football. New owners come in & want to appoint their own man. Look at Parky for example!!
  • Right @cafcofficial have just tweeted this

Look who has just popped up to see us at the training ground........(JS) ‪#cafc‬ pic.twitter.com/zIqZGqzO (the picture is Yann wearing the new shirt).

So can I be the first to guess he has or is signing the new deal and the picture is ready to be used for the story about it.
  • Right @cafcofficial have just tweeted this

Look who has just popped up to see us at the training ground........(JS) ‪#cafc‬ pic.twitter.com/zIqZGqzO (the picture is Yann wearing the new shirt).

So can I be the first to guess he has or is signing the new deal and the picture is ready to be used for the story about it.
    I would think it is the case.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can see doom and gloom for next season unless we make some signings..

Seems like we're getting beat easily to our targets... :(
  • how do you know who are targets are?
  • Robert's son Olly Lee has joined Barnet ,our former Academy player Jamal Campbell-Ryce has joined Notts County .
  • Wigan are lining up a move for Marseille's 30 year old right back Rod Fanni.
    Hope they get him. Should lighten up their highlights on MotD.
    solid player, difficult to penetrate.
    Must be an imposter.

There's only one Fanni(y).....

• I see Bover and Mambo have not got new 1 year deals.

On the OS right now.
    Should be alright in England... Loves it when it's wet
  • Can see doom and gloom for next season unless we make some signings..

Seems like we're getting beat easily to our targets... :(
    how do you know who are targets are?
    Jheez. I don't do I? But people we're rumored to be signing.
  • Yes...one has to remember that Cort played very well for those last few weeks or so and was well worth his place, he certainly deserves a crack in The Championship......in an ideal world we could bring in this fella but I think they'd all be expecting first team football....which we of course couldn't guarantee.
    Leon Cort has many seasons of regular Championship appearances behind him, including being promoted twice - plus a handful of Prem games.

So definitely experienced at this level.

But he is getting older, 33 in September.
    If he's quick enough, he can still cut it.

• Sponsored links:

• Okuanghae released from Colchester has been seen in south east London today, rumour has it he is in talks with Charlton over personal details and will be subject to a medical this week.

would people really recognise him? not exactly celebrity status.
  • edited July 2012
    I heard a rumour that Okuanghae was visiting his grandmother, who lives in Eltham.

;o)
  • Okuanghae released from Colchester has been seen in south east London today, rumour has it he is in talks with Charlton over personal details and will be subject to a medical this week.

would people really recognise him? not exactly celebrity status.
    Where is the rumour?

• Okuanghe was crap according to people on here when we beat Colchester away (I was in Spain so I can't give an opinion). However at The Valley he matched Yann in the air which is amazing in its self but as others have said how many teams are going to play hoof ball in the CCC as due to his size he's not the most maneuverable of defenders.
  • I forgot the Championship was full of Barcelonas!
  • Actually his size is misleading, I would say he is quicker than Taylor and possibly Morrison too. He is great in the air, 26 so getting to the peak of his career and I for one would like to see him join us. Some people on here must be expecting a bunch of Prem stars to be walking through the doors. Financial problems or not, it won't happen!
  • What we need is a centre back who is quick and good with the ball at his feet. In my opinion.

Is this guy this or is he another big, strong, good in the air type defender?
  • On FR (Credibility of rumour instantly lost) ; ) :

03 Jul 2012 15:49:25
    Okuanghae released from Colchester has been seen in south east London today, rumour has it he is in talks with Charlton over personal details and will be subject to a medical this week.

Reliable source.
  • What we need is a centre back who is quick and good with the ball at his feet. In my opinion.

Is this guy this or is he another big, strong, good in the air type defender?
    Big lump

• Kyle bartley was talked about coming in onloan? I honestly reckon will put a loan bid in... Plus by the looks of it seems like Good mates with cedric evina
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!