Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• wouldn't mind having Lloyd back
  • Why would he want to come back to little old Charlton after playing for a massive club like Leeds?
  • Lloyd Sam - similar goal and assist stats to Danny Green this season. Wouldn't believe that the way one was criticised and the other hyped up though. And Sam got his assists without any goalscoring strikers up front.

Good player at this level, not a goalscorer, some had unrealistic expectations of him.

Not surprising that he didn't stay in the Leeds team, rather than being an underachiever he just isn't good enough for a team that want to challenge for promotion to the Prem.

• Not surprising that he didn't stay in the Leeds team, rather than being an underachiever he just isn't good enough for a team that want to challenge for promotion to the Prem.
    Hence he shouldn't come back to us.

Decent enough player but Green has a lot more potential whereas Sam has massive stamina issues, rarely crossed and couldn't strike a ball like Green.

Much rather have Danny Boy in the team

• Well at least we have already played them twice so he can't score against us.
  • Hopefully he can do us a favour at the weekend by beating Wednesday
  • Rumour that the Charlton team might actually play for 90 minutes this Saturday, rather than just the last 45.

• Not surprising that he didn't stay in the Leeds team, rather than being an underachiever he just isn't good enough for a team that want to challenge for promotion to the Prem.
    Hence he shouldn't come back to us.

Decent enough player but Green has a lot more potential whereas Sam has massive stamina issues, rarely crossed and couldn't strike a ball like Green.

Much rather have Danny Boy in the team

Agree, I wouldn't want him back. Hope Green (and Waggy) really pushes on but he's no closer to being a good Championship player than Sam is. Just younger, he has a chance of stepping up in time.
  • Benjani - no thanks

Wordsworth and Gillespie from Col Utd plus Kevin McDonald from Sheff Utd if they don't go up. All on the "possibles" list according to a unreliable source.
    Supaclive?

Masicat?

;-)
  • I'd like to see Alan Judge here next season.
  • Sponsored links:

As long as it's not in a Notts County shirt in a League 1 match
    As long as it's not in a Notts County shirt in a League 1 match
    The way they are going, it could be in a Championship game!

• Quite good timing hopefully with Notts County's good form - they have Massive at home Saturday, and Sheff U next Tuesday also at home.
  • Suddenly, the whole Division is quaking in it's boots ......with the prospect of having to play the mighty, erm, Notts County.

How things turn round ....a month ago, Notts couldn't buy a win at any price.
    Now they are the Invincibles!

(well, at least lets hope so for the next 2 weeks!)
  • League One leaders Charlton are set to beat Aston Villa, Everton and Bolton to the signing of winger Gregg Wylde, 20, who has been released from his contract by financially stricken SPL club Rangers.

• Unsubstantiated rumours on Twitter that Johnnie Jackson is injured and Lee Cook is signing
  • If we signing anyone from QPR, think it is more likely to be Ephraim.
  • Unsubstantiated rumours on Twitter that Johnnie Jackson is injured and Lee Cook is signing
    Lets hope they are unsubstantiated.
  • would rather play alistair cook at left mid!
  • It's just a rumour but if true I will give him 100% support.
  • Sponsored links:

Lets hope they are unsubstantiated.
    Didn't look too good MIA the way he limped off yesterday
  • Wasn't impressed with him when he was here before.

I'd rather give Evina a chance on the left, or even Harriott.
    Good God would be bad enough if JJ is injured but Lee Cook ???????
  • To be fair to Lee Cook, when he was here before he was coming back from long term injury and not match fit. This season, he has had games at Orient and would be in a better position to show us what he can do. Was away for the Orient away game, but think he played in that, how did he do?

It is from FR though so probably nothing in it.
  • Lee Cook is I think my least favourite player to ever wear the shirt. He epitomised everything that was wrong with one of our worst ever seasons. Got a rubbish squad? Well that's ok, just sign a crippled footballer whose last good match was 2 years ago and let him loose on the pitch. He wasn't just unfit, he was uninterested. Loped around the pitch like he'd been asked to turn out for Welling u-12s and showed absolutely no fight and no spirit. He could not have cared less as our team slipped into the third tier and I can't think of a worse player to bring in. I'd rather bring Danny Mills back and stick him in goal.

Fortunately it's on FR and is therefore bull
  • Would rather play an injured jackson than lee cook. I am 100 per cent sure this rumour is complete crap. If anyone is signing then it will be hogan ephraim
  • I'm with GarryManilow on this................was one of the worst players ever to pull on the shirt in my 35 years of supporting this great club - I'd rather have Norman Cook or the late Peter Cook instead !!
  • The Lee Cook thing, is I suspect, Ballcocks.

I expect a forward to come in and if the Jackson injury is bad, someone to replace him.

With the way things are at Bournemouth I'd chance my arm with Pugh. Out of contract in the summer, a loan with an agreed fee to buy might appeal.

He potentially kills two birds with one stone as well. Pretty sure he has played a percentage of games upfront.

• A talented player, but not match fit when he played for us - but did well at Orient when we played them, he got a few decent crosses in against Chris Solly, but that was after Wagstaff had been subbed after Hamer was sent-off.

• Thought he looked good against us on NYE ,think he would be good cover for Jacko at this level .Not one for next season though.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!