Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Focus - tomorrow at 12.10pm

1235»

Comments

• Options
    on that shit fuk of a channel mate anything to do with us is too much to ask
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]It's not the colour of our shirts or the fact that we've actually won a trophy, or created history in footballing terms that makes Charlton different - it's the fact that for the past 20 years, the club was re-birthed in the local community.

From The Valley Party, to re-claiming our 'birthright' ground and rebuilding it, the directors being ardent fans themselves,
    the work in the community itself, the involvement between Board and supporters, and many other initiatives - set Charlton Athletic Football Club as a landmark organisation in the football world.

And that's why we are different to a Millwall, Crystal Palace or Tottenham bleedin' Hotspur. Be proud!

Thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings Oggy. I agree with all of that. My point is that there is no club like us, we are unique and Fans Forum members, on the one hand holding the Directors to account, and on the other being united and positive in their view that the club can stay up says a great deal for me as to what our clubs is about, and why I thank my Dad all those years ago when as a boy he took me week in week out, come rain, or shine down to the Valley and I started a love affair with the Addicks which will never die!
  • Options
    No probs NSS,today's results just made a bad day worse is all!
  • Options
    I KNOW MATE BUT IF LIKE ME YOU BELIEVED MONTHS AGO WE WERE GONE IT DONT HURT AS MUCH NOW.
  • Options
    Yeah, time to open another bottle: 2 things to drink to: Spanners blowing up and Palarse on the slide; when will the BBC visit them?
  • Options
    dont speak too soon the spanners will probably go up in the last minute ;-(
  • Options
    I read this thread yesterday in disbelief. I cannot believe there were a hundred odd posts on the fact that the BBC were doing a feature on us and some of you were bleating on about a negative impact? Seriously get a grip... worrying about timing? were you worried that the players were going to be watching it? What a rotten thread.

Dave a while back tavern, vince and myself were interviewed for football focus. we were filmed for well over an hour and it was condensed into about 3 mins. Same old same old.
  • Options
    madness B

in my opinion i want the whole world to have a view of our plight and it is fuking scandolous that no one has mentioned our plight or asked some of the players manager and board what the hell have they done
  • Options
    Makes me laugh that in the two hours plus of interviews etc they must have done, of the couple of questions they chose to lead on, one was 'will you come back next year ?' Daft
  • Options
    we all enjoyed the publicity when we were the model club,yet moan when they want to run a story on what went wrong with the model club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As I posted earlier, what did we really expect?

The Beeb are just looking to fill in a couple of minutes in a superficial magazine type programme, and they want a story to appeal to their viewers all around the country.

So it has to conform to some sort of generalised view = established Prem club 2 years ago, adrift at the bottom of Championship, the wheels fallen off, Division 3 next season and the fans given up.

Isn't that what most of you post on here everyday - so why would the Beeb show anything different..... ?

;o)