Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zabeel switch attention to West Ham - Denied

123457»

Comments

• Options
    actually sod it ... Im gonna something formal and polite..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]He's trying to stand the story up, which is just bad hackery.
    [cite]Posted By: Czech_Addick[/cite]He was made to look an idiot but instead of lying low he's making it worse.

Well he's clearly not concerned about a libel suit.

What libel? Other then him being reasonable for an terrible bit of laziness.
  • Options
    I know this article has wound up some people but if this takeover does go through i'm afraid everyone will have to get used to a lot more rubbish being written by a lot more journalists.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: razil[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]He's trying to stand the story up, which is just bad hackery.[/quote]

[quote][cite]Posted By: Czech_Addick[/cite]He was made to look an idiot but instead of lying low he's making it worse.[/quote]

Well he's clearly not concerned about a libel suit.[/quote]

What libel? Other then him being reasonable for an terrible bit of laziness.[/quote]

Libel being that his articles contradict the statement from Zabeel
  • Options
    He seems to be claiming that someone from Dubai but not Zabeel made a "discreet approach" to West Ham.
    If there is any truth in it, I would imagaine they are very impressed about the West Ham interpretation of "discreet".
  • Options
    I have the esteemed Mr Scott's email address, not really comfortable with making it public though. That said he seems a fairly reasonable guy from the limited contact I have had with him. I think in this case he is trying to protect himself from looking foolish. I still stand by my view that in all likelihood any contact was not from Dubai to West Ham but the other way round.
  • Options
    Possible scenario

Monday 13th October, Sharon the receptionist at the Boleyn, is busy checking the back of the sofa in the main reception, for spare cash, when the phone rings;

Sharon - Hello this is the hammers, oh sorry, this is Upton Park, how may we help you?
    - Hello
    - Hello, you takin the pi55?

Caller - Would you like to convert your debt into one manageable loan?

Sharon - WHAT?????

Caller - Can we help you with your finances?

Sharon - What's my feeancee got to do with it, you leave im out, he's luverly he is.

Caller - No, I want to know if you need money.

Sharon - Oooh your accent is so posh, where you from?

Caller - Well this is our call centre in Mumbai, but that's irrelevant, can we help you with a loan?

Sharon - Ooooooooooooh me god, hold on my boss is in Iceland I'll call him on the other line..............
    Mr. G, I've got a geezer on the phone from Dubai offering us some cash.

Mr. G - Have you been on the eel juice again Sharon?

Sharon - Naaah Mr G honest, not since the social threatened to take me littluns Shazni and Dwayne off me.

Mr. G - Well if it's true this could be the answer for us, put him through.

Meanwhile..............

Caller - Never had this trouble selling double glazing, I think I prefer being hung up on.

Call Centre Manager - Operator 145, why are you not calling?

Caller - I am sir, but this lady is trying to find her boss while he's out shopping for frozen food.

Call Centre manager - Just hang up, you've 500 calls to make this hour.

Sharon - Hello just putting you through..............(dead line)............ Oh sorry Mr. G he's gone, well I never there's no need for that language.
    Oh it's the phone again hang on a mo.. Upton Park how may we help?

Mr Scott - Hi Shaz any news for me?

Sharon - Oooh Scotty, you'll never guess what.....................................................
  • Options
    lol, good work KB !
  • Options
    journalists make errors? My illusion of the perfect world has been shattered!, I feel cheated, how could this happen to me, wail, sob etc.....
  • Options
    Pilchard your right i to am shocked . I mean they have a 100% record of truthfull, none libeless, factual journalism until yesterday. I mean they must have because i cant NEVER remember one of the toads saying "sorry i got it wrong " without being made to by the court.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/oct/10/charltonathletic-liverpool

Made the Liverpool article as well.

I get the feeling he just doesn't really want to see us taken over by a billionaire.
  • Options
    I thought the Guardian was supposed to be a ‘respectable’ newspaper and tabloids are full of rubbish. Just goes to show they are all as bad as each other.
  • Options
    Brilliant KB
  • Options
    "is pressing ahead with its 30 days' due diligence in the hope of closing the deal."

at least that clarifies one aspect - if true of course!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: seriously_red[/cite]"is pressing ahead with its 30 days' due diligence in the hope of closing the deal."

at least that clarifies one aspect - if true of course![/quote]

So far his information has been wholly inacurate and I would imagine this is a figure he has picked out of the sky also.....
  • Options
    The real question is why the Graun's sports editor is carrying on printing this guff. Maybe it's in the hope they'll be on the inside for whatever *does* happen at the Boleyn.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Darren[/cite]No probs Oakster. Phew, what a rush! Now I know why I don't do extreme sports... Would I be right in saying we have learnt that the price is DEFINITELY £32m?

where does this 32m come from ?
  • Options
    valuing the shares at 50p I guess, but there's no reason why that would be the selling price so far as I can see
  • Options
    the price they will pay for the whole thing is the shares needed to control the club, the assets (ground / players etc) and the debt.
  • Options
    Perhaps they've approached West Ham to see if they can buy Upton Park for our reserves to play at.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Or to find out if they'd be interested in a ground share when we move to the Olympic Stadium...? ;-)
  • Options
    Let´s give him the benefit of a doubt, someone made a call from Dubai perhaps...It is a financial and trading centre for the whole region.
    "All roads leads to the Royal family"..my arse! Plenty of money looking for a home in the whole region and all big players got offices in Dubai so it might be Qatar, Kuwait, Oman even Bahrain as well as any of the seven emirates apart from Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCFC[/cite]Plenty of money looking for a home in the whole region

I can help with that. I would gladly give a loving home to as much money as they like. Used notes only please : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MCFC[/cite]Plenty of money looking for a home in the whole region

I can help with that. I would gladly give a loving home to as much money as they like. Used notes only please : - )

I could pass on a few contacts in Nigeria, too, Henry...just send them your bank details and they'll send you loadsadosh
    :-)
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Really! Nothing dodgy is there? : - )
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I agree with Big Red Evil, this berk really doesn't seem to like the idea of "lil ol charlton" being possibly minted, it gets his goat, it really should have gone to a top tier club instead, he's wailing into his sky tv guide as we speak, "how could this happen?" he blubbers into his pillow,barely able to breathe as his sobbing convulses him, "why should they choose a nice decent family club with masses upon masses of potential above my 'appy 'ammers, my actual West 'am, it's fwankly awful and not at all nice mummy"
    "What a wally" as Uncle Albert would say.
  • Options
    He may have to support his local team!
  • Options
    Don't lower yourselves to his level chaps. He's a journalist and talking shite is what they do for a living. The truth will out anyway. Lets just ignore him, poor lad.