Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zabeel switch attention to West Ham - Denied

Comments

• Options
    The Zabeel guys make a polite visit to introduce themselves at West Ham and suddenly they are taking over?
    I have a feeling that you could hardly give West Ham away for free right now, I mean..they where on the market before Dubai moved for West Ham.

Rumours, rumours...Let´s wait and see until we get something more substantial
  • Options
    I think most of his recent articles have been about West Ham. Sheff Utd and an Indian Business man wanting to buy in the Spammers. So it wouldn't suprise if we is a fan. Listened to the sports news on Talksport on the way to work and even the Moose didn't mention it, just that they may sign some has been from an Italian club. So I'm a little more comfortable about it.
  • Options
    LOL THE HYSTERICS

Calm down calm down.

Oakster what have you done - post your article then go to bed go on ya swine :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCFC[/cite]The Zabeel guys make a polite visit to introduce themselves at West Ham and suddenly they are taking over?
    I have a feeling that you could hardly give West Ham away for free right now, I mean..they where on the market before Dubai moved for West Ham.

Rumours, rumours...Let´s wait and see until we get something more substantial

I think we ALL know that MCFC...it's just that the waiting is the toughest bit!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I think most of his recent articles have been about West Ham. Sheff Utd and an Indian Business man wanting to buy in the Spammers. So it wouldn't suprise if we is a fan. Listened to the sports news on Talksport on the way to work and even the Moose didn't mention it, just that they may sign some has been from an Italian club. So I'm a little more comfortable about it.

Was it Diedo Tristan?

If so he was a very good player in his native Spain, but is now 32 I think and on the back of a terrible season in Italy.
  • Options
    Now thats better and far more relaxing....discussing the tripe Pards may sign....
  • Options
    sorry to be flippant, but the"moose" is never up-to-the-minute journalism.I love his style and he's pretty laid back in his approach, but he's not "cutting edge".
    Anything on FiveLive, XFM or LBC ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]sorry to be flippant, but the"moose" is never up-to-the-minute journalism.I love his style and he's pretty laid back in his approach, but he's not "cutting edge".
    Anything on FiveLive, XFM or LBC ?

But the point I was trying to make was that Moose doesn't waste an opportunity to get an article into the news about West Ham. If this story has any credibility, then I'm sure he would have mentioned it.
  • Options
    So if its in the gardian its true any tabloid its bolloxxx ? They all have to fill space in their rags , when was the last time you saw a blank column in a paper ? possible blank areas filled by old news reworked, hearsay , speculation , lies and total twaddle.
  • Options
    Sorry VM, agreed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds to me like a Hamsters fan who is pissed off that Zabeel have approached Charlton instead of them, so is trying to stir things up a bit.
  • Options
    I don't doubt Zabeel have talked with West Ham recently but West Ham may have a £30m bill from Yorkshire soon.
    That alone should put them off - not to mention leaking things to the press which should piss them off.
  • Options
    Even positive news reports are full of lazy journalism....Look at the 3rd paragraph here ... http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=909715
    "East London side" indeed....
    I just hope there's some truth in that article about the "deal being completed at some stage this week"...
    Still feel the same as when the news broke. i just can't think about any prospects this could have on our club until it's a done deal.
  • Options
    A few people really need to calm down sit back have a bit of faith & stop posting wild drivel.

It will be alright.
  • Options
    Exactly Salad. And it's not like it's definitely £30m - it's still undefined at this stage, so even if you assumed that they would lower the asking price to take account of that, the Hammers Board would be arguing that it's never going to be that much while Zabeel would be arguing that it could possibly be more. I'd be amazed if they made it past the due diligence process.

Just chill people. What happens happens. This is Charlton, things are never totally straightforward.
  • Options
    The spammers are similar to us in some ways and already in the premiership with larger fan base and ground and with the events of last week it would be logical for the consortium to look at them, however I would reckon that westhams valuation would be higher so require more cash, and their debt and liabilities 10 times ours if not more, not to mention their wage bill, lol.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]A few people really need to calm down sit back have a bit of faith & stop posting wild drivel. It will be alright.
    it's alright for you ... you've got a West Ham scarf!
  • Options
    they probably got if from spying on a west ham fans' forum
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]A few people really need to calm down sit back have a bit of faith & stop posting wild drivel. It will be alright.
    it's alright for you ... you've got a West Ham scarf!

I think Ketman's ITK ;o )
  • Options
    Over the weekend, we've gone from Charlton to Newcastle to Liverpool and now to West Ham.

We're the only ones with an official statement saying we have received an interest. The rest is the press reporting stories, which may have some element of truth in or may not.

If a takeover is going to take place, it isn't going to happen overnight, instead weeks or even months.

We'll see alot more stories in the coming weeks I think, some true, some not. Some will probably come out as I think most journalists probably don't believe Dubai billionaires would be interested in little old Charlton, which doesn't sell papers...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2008
    Well I was doubtful to make the FA cup final this year anyway -and you can bet we would have for that reason - so I'm very thankful to be honest.

yeah the price of pie, tickets, etc would have risen, more crap beer, lots of overpaid prema donnas, Curbits view obscured by monster new stands.. who wants it I ask ya?

;)
  • Options
    Little bit nervous but hey, this is what supporting Charlton is about.

lets wait and see how things pan out, in the end if it does go tits up then we are no worse off than we were this time last week in reality are we?
  • Options
    Might be that West Ham are in a "panic" and tried to make contact with Zabeel to see if they were interested in switching their interest. WHU are funded by Icelandic banks and are likely to "need" a buyer to get their owner out of a difficult situation (both finacially and politically - not good for your image back home if you are funding Craig Bellamy's wages whilst your terminal banks are crippling your country ).
    I could imagine the current situation is setting the alarm bells ringing in East Ham as they may well find themselves without any investment in the very near future, whilst a powerhouse of a South London neighbour makes hay with all the opportunities available at their doorstep ................... Olympic stadium and all !

I feel preety calm about this story and would imagine that one of WHU's many tabloid "friends" is just trying to calm some nerves whilst the real threat fron SE7 gathers pace .................
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Over the weekend, we've gone from Charlton to Newcastle to Liverpool and now to West Ham.

We're the only ones with an official statement saying we have received an interest. The rest is the press reporting stories, which may have some element of truth in or may not.

If a takeover is going to take place, it isn't going to happen overnight, instead weeks or even months.

We'll see alot more stories in the coming weeks I think, some true, some not. Some will probably come out as I think most journalists probably don't believe Dubai billionaires would be interested in little old Charlton, which doesn't sell papers...

I think this is most likely to be true. It's hard not to get jittery though, we are Charlton fans after all. The Guardian "report" looks to be a bit of a kite flying exercise to me but you never know.
  • Options
    A West Ham supporting colleague is suggesting that the Spammers might be going into administration in the near future....Hmmmn
  • Options
    So Zabeel are the new Jermaine Defoe?

I don't think so !!!

One does not maintain a respectable profile in business by treating potential acquisitions like a used car lot.

I'm not in the know but I have worked on a couple of deals in the past - a lot of it is about credibility and professionalism.

Anyway what could Zabeel actually achieve at West Ham - seeing as they have already won the World Cup lol ?
  • Options
    my reading of the article makes me think any noises are from the hammers towards the investors rather than the other way round. Which would make sense if the suggestion that WHU need a buyer in the next few weeks or are in deep danger of administration has any truth in it.

I imagine many potential investors would be wary of west ham currently given that they have a £30million+ millstone hanging round their nexk in the shape of sheffield united and that given the problems in Iceland, holding out a little longer is likely to make any deal substantially cheaper.

Whilst the article says that WHU have no takeover debt I doubt their owner will want anything less than his money back.

My view is that WHU will be waiting for a buyer until either the Sheffield united thing is sorted or there is firesale when the owner gets desperate for some cash.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5gB8D0UYZ9R_gCPiQDt6HQ8iLeNkQ

"Group Ze'byl for the investments” make sure desired her in purchase Tshaarltwn Aatltyk

Since 2 days

Dubai UAE group confirmed Ze'byl for the investment” Emarati today Saturday desired her in purchase of club Tshaarltwn Aatltyk who the plays the first degree in England.

Emarati statement the group came in “persevered Ze'byl for the investment” on study possibility of the investment in club English and watched closely statuses of club Tshaarltwn and although we received offers from several clubs in England and Europe and southern America to that we believes that Tshaarltwn be the coveted club”.

Said Hashemite Mohammed the manager
  • Options
    Not panicking here, I think that by law the Investment company had to declare a formal interest from what Oakster posted earlier on. My doubts arise from the fact that Zabeel have declared they are still interested in Liverpool and the doubt rises due to the following thinking.....are these the right people for us (I hope so)...do they really understand the tribalism of football? ( I dont think so) From a fans perspective we dont want to hear that they are still interested in Liverpool and now West Ham...maybe they are thinking about buying two clubs and sharing a ground whilst redeveloping both exiting sites? Again this isnt what we want to hear is it....but their is usually no smoke without fire.....The Maktoum family is big enough and wealthy enough for two branches of the family to own separate clubs, so that would then rule out the PL legalities of owning two clubs as well. Its all speculation at the moment, but I suggest its best to just sit back and wait...nothing we do or say will change anything.
  • Options
    Tshaarltwn Athletic

Tshaarltwn Athletic FC....

That is hilarious Salad.