Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zabeel switch attention to West Ham - Denied

Didn't you just know this would happen?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/oct/14/premierleague-westhamunited

Comments

• Options
    The dream is over before it began.
  • Options
    Have you ever felt used.
  • Options
    Company Charlton Athletic
    TIDM
    Headline Rule 2.10 Announcement
    Released 18:15 13-Oct-08
    Number 7576F18

RNS Number : 7576F
    Charlton Athletic PLC
    13 October 2008

13 October 2008

Charlton Athletic plc ("Charlton")

Rule 2.10 Announcement

Relevant Securities in Issue

In accordance with Rule 2.10 of the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers (the "Code"), Charlton confirms that it has 63,895,923 Ordinary shares of 50 pence each in issue.

The ISIN reference for these securities is GB00B014RJ8

Enquiries:

Nigel Capelin, deputy chief executive of Charlton Athletic plc (0208 333 4002)

Dealing Disclosure Requirements:

Under the provisions of Rule 8.3 of the Code, if any person is, or becomes, "interested" (directly or indirectly) in 1% or more of any class of "relevant securities" of Charlton, all "dealings" in any "relevant securities" of that company (including by means of an option in respect of, or a derivative referenced to, any such "relevant securities") must be publicly disclosed by no later than 3.30 pm (London time) on the London business day following the date of the relevant transaction. This requirement will continue until the date on which the offer becomes, or is declared, unconditional as to acceptances, lapses or is otherwise withdrawn or on which the "offer period" otherwise ends. If two or more persons act together pursuant to an agreement or understanding, whether formal or informal, to acquire an "interest" in "relevant securities" of Charlton, they will be deemed to be a single person for the purpose of Rule 8.3.

Under the provisions of Rule 8.1 of the Code, all "dealings" in "relevant securities" of Charlton by Zabeel Investments or Charlton, or by any of their respective "associates", must be disclosed by no later than 12.00 noon (London time) on the London business day following the date of the relevant transaction.

A disclosure table, giving details of the companies in whose "relevant securities" "dealings" should be disclosed, and the number of such securities in issue, can be found on the Takeover Panel's website at www.thetakeoverpanel.org.uk/new/ [http://www.thetakeoverpanel.org.uk/new/].

"Interests in securities" arise, in summary, when a person has long economic exposure, whether conditional or absolute, to changes in the price of securities. In particular, a person will be treated as having an "interest" by virtue of the ownership or control of securities, or by virtue of any option in respect of, or derivative referenced to, securities.

Terms in quotation marks are defined in the Code, which can also be found on the Panel's website. If you are in any doubt as to whether or not you are required to disclose a "dealing" under Rule 8, you should consult the Panel.

This information is provided by RNS
    The company news service from the London Stock Exchange

END
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Can someone tell me what this means, please?
  • Options
    christ guys this doesnt look good and i dont even know what it means...
  • Options
    Having just reread the comments from charlton and Zabeel I feel it is surely paper talk.......

unless they have just simply used us to get west hams attention.... but with the money involved I cant image=ine that they would use us to drum up a price.......

I cant understand what they would gain from saying how charlton are perfect and we want to do a long term development , unique status in the community etc.....

and charlton saying its the right thing etc.......

I cant see the gain for them from doing that just to buy someone else...

IF they went through the due dilligence and found a big financial black hole, then fine.... if they found that the stadium was made of peanut butter then fine....

But to do this just to get west hams attention...

doesnt add up to me??

any one else???
  • Options
    They surely wouldn't waste time and money with due dilligence if they were not totally committed to the take over of Charlton?
  • Options
    i feel sick mate
  • Options
    i thought the statements read ok until the bit at the end where it says there is no guarantee a formal offer would be made.
  • Options
    I feel sick as well....... i think i might go and have a drink.....

Im now trawling the internet trying to find any more about this west ham stuff.......

It sucks not being in the know eh.........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Massively, rubbish being left in the dark, need some calming knowledgeable posts on here to sort me out!
  • Options
    Deos this mean that with all the legal stuff they have to have made a confirmation of interrest within 24hrs???

can someone with a brain have a look at what oakster has put up there and try to make head or tail of it please....
  • Options
    can someone please explain oaksters post to me as i dont get what the feck it means

I dont like what the Gaurdian is suggesting and i must admit it has been a worry to me that since friday we have heard nothing,

i have expected something to go titts because it is charlton and nothing goes smoothly for us, it would be typical that them muggy east london bstds would get one over us

all we can do is hope that it is lazyness in journo however i do fear that it is not
  • Options
    i have just reread the article it is based on 'sources at the club'

we have a statement from the chairman of our club and the executive chairman from their mob saying how great we are .......

ours is MUCH stronger however I am panicking
  • Options
    MCFC did state on here that during due dilligence everything would go quiet, hence the lazy journalists speculating?
  • Options
    i hate waiting for anything let alone this
  • Options
    Who knows ? its not a done deal until its a done deal. My opinion is not many people know the level of WHU debt, or the hole created by the Icelandic bank going tits up. Most of our debt etc has been in the public domain for along time, some of WHU has not.

Its all down to risk Vs Outlay
  • Options
    i agree with that GH but if they have the money stated they may not give a toss about the spammers debt
  • Options
    Talks with Charlton have presumably been going on for months, whereas the West Ham situation has only just arised in the last week or two. It's only natural that Zabeel will assess things there.

We cannot affect what happens, so we shall just have to be patient for a couple of days I guess.
  • Options
    someone saying somthing today from either party either way would help but i am unsure if we will get this,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I feel that this is all cannon fodder and not a real situation. (feel maybe hope!)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]someone saying somthing today from either party either way would help but i am unsure if we will get this,[/quote]

I reckon we will get nothing from no one till something changes...

as it stands they are intending to move forward with us and are doing dur diligence.... we don't KNOW anything else...

However Im as twitchy as hell and am realising just how much we could do with a financial push in the right direction...

I think the board will also be aware how importnat it is that this gets tied up or not in timely fashion to avoid disruption of the players......
  • Options
    The more you look the more you can read in ot out of whats happening. We wont know for a week and neither will the lazy arsed wa**ers that jurnos are these days. So they will make up what they feel on the day.

Still if our deal goeas belly up who will be the first t sing to us "wheres your money gone ?" even tho we wont have had a bean.

either way not worth worrying about as there is as much we can do about the situation as we can about the weather or the tide.
  • Options
    The guardian is for wankers
  • Options
    ha ha ha!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    it is easy to attack journalists, but this probably on the money.
    Hopefully Zabeel are just checking out the stripper on their stag night but are still going to marry us.
  • Options
    could still do with someone explaining oaksters post to me
  • Options
    It may be true or the West Ham owner is getting desperate and is trying to drum up some interest, also if they are honourable men they would not like their target running off to the media would they
  • Options
    Yep easy to attack Journos , no reason not to though !
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]It may be true or the West Ham owner is getting desperate and is trying to drum up some interest, also if they are honourable men they would not like their target running off to the media would they[/quote]

True, we have conducted ourselves in exemplary fashion (yes i cant spell)

[quote][cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]it is easy to attack journalists, but this probably on the money.
    Hopefully they are just checking out the stripper on their stag night but are still going to marry us.[/quote]

I like that, hope so