Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Outplayed, outclassed and outsang

1235»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: matt_himself[/cite]Enjoy your moment.
    Oh I am, Matt. I am :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Dear dear Matt...........you can try to bring all kinds of stats up about how many went where and to where, who sang the loudest, and any over old dross, but the reality is Matty Boy..........there is only satistic that matters.....
    1-0

tbf there is another stat that matters a little, and thats league placing, and I'm sure you'd have taken Palace taking all 6 points this season, and swopping league positions.

I would Budgie, but it's sweet to beat you as you no doubt felt earlier on this season. Thats what having rivals is about but of course most Palace fans don't see us as rivals or the enemy......
  • Options
    Hahahahaha
    Matt: 'Enjoy your moment. I know it mean a lot to you.'

And this is on a thread started by Matt (himself) to gloat when Palace beat us earlier this season.

Obviously didn't mean much to you then Matt.

Brilliant hahahaha
  • Options
    Oh Henry. Please do keep grasping at those straws if they make you feel better about the situation. But manufacturing crowds, is a kind of MK Dons-lite, taking the franchise to the people in the darkest depths of the country and giving them a nice, santised, pre-packaged leisure product (providing you are winning).
  • Options
    Dan - our feelings about each other are mutual. The only difference between the two of us is that I don't arrange to meet others in pubs, and then not turn up....
  • Options
    Now who is grasping at straws, blustering and attempting insults despite Matt?
  • Options
    Matt, you want facts?

Crystal Palace:

Founder members of the fourth division.
    Never won anything.
    Below Charlton in at least 65% of seasons we have both been in the League.
    Lower, much lower, average attendance than Charlton for the past many seasons, and throughout their history MUCH MUCH lower.
    A sprinkling of internationals who played for their country when at Crystal Palace, whilst at Charlton there have been at least five time that number.
    Crystal Palace, have to play at Selhurst Park, a ground owned by a Tottenham fan, where they will eventually have to find the costs to move, or purchase and develop. Charlton have the Valley, the eighth wonder of the world owned by ourselves, reclaimed by the blood sweat and tears of dedicated loyal fans, all of whom were bussed in from Kent -), however Simon Jordan is Crystal Palaces' paradigm dedicated fan
    ...beezollocks I'm bored.
    I know a lot of Crystal Palace fans by the way, many are lovely people, they simply have one huge defective gene.
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited January 2009
    Pratt, please do us all a favour and feck off. The joke is over and we couldn't be bothered with you anymore.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Pratt, please do us all a favour and feck off. The joke is over and we couldn't be bothered with you anymore.
    c'mon BDL. I think it's fun.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]they simply have one huge defective gene.
    I think scientists call it nigelinccius
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: matt_himself[/cite]Oh Henry. Please do keep grasping at those straws if they make you feel better about the situation. But manufacturing crowds, is a kind of MK Dons-lite, taking the franchise to the people in the darkest depths of the country and giving them a nice, santised, pre-packaged leisure product (providing you are winning).

Matt, I've given you fact and figures.

You, as ever, can only reply with cliches and not even very good cliche's. Budgie is a Palace fan and even he is ignoring you for fear of being in anyway associated with someone so idiotic.

Think back to how excited you were when you started this thread. You had finally beaten the team you hate so so much - for the first time this century in the league and couldn't wait to gloat.

Well, since you don't care about us and we do about you we are feeling 100 times better than you did. And the best thing is cos you don't care at all we know you can never have it as good in return.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: matt_himself[/cite]Dan - our feelings about each other are mutual. The only difference between the two of us is that I don't arrange to meet others in pubs, and then not turn up....

Au contraire Matthew. I quite like you. At times when life can be hard and shitty reading what you write makes me realise that my life is actually quite rich and that there are people out there with bigger and far more ingrained issues to deal with than me.

There are plenty of differences between you and I Matt. For example I'm able to construct an argument that doesn't fall to pieces at the first attempt. Another is that I have an ability not to contradict myself with 5mins of my previous post....Or see that the incident you mentioned was just a process of further winding up someone who was desperate to "meet" in a pub because they couldn't win the verbal jousting and felt that coming to blows over internet banter was only route left and this was a mature and intelligent thing to do.

I'm sure you wouldn't want to be seen to condoning violence just because you felt a bit silly and had suffered a message board shoeing. You must be used to it by now after all......
  • Options
    Hitting stripeys isnt violence Dan it should be down right legal knock some sense in to em i say
  • Options
    Budgie as your wife keeps reminding you, its a marathon not a sprint, so dont get too carried away, as well as we are having a Jordon season " we are coming from behind"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Hitting stripeys isnt violence Dan it should be down right legal knock some sense in to em i say

But with so few brain cells on offer, due to the limited DNA pool on offer in Croydon, a blow to the head like that could tip them over the top and you'd just end up with some sort of dribbling vegetable-like excuse for a human who is unable to construct intelligent interaction........

Hold on one God damned cotton picking minute!! Who has been bashing Matt_Himself again! Come on. Own up....
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: matt_himself[/cite]Oh Henry. Please do keep grasping at those straws if they make you feel better about the situation. But manufacturing crowds, is a kind of MK Dons-lite, taking the franchise to the people in the darkest depths of the country and giving them a nice, santised, pre-packaged leisure product (providing you are winning).[/quote]

You, as ever, can only reply with cliches and not even very good cliche's. Budgie is a Palace fan and even he is ignoring you for fear of being in anyway associated with someone so idiotic.

Think back to how excited you were when you started this thread. You had finally beaten the team you hate so so much - for the first time this century in the league and couldn't wait to gloat.

Well, since you don't care about us and we do about you we are feeling 100 times better than you did. And the best thing is cos you don't care at all we know you can never have it as good in return.[/quote]

I've really got to you, haven't I?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: matt_himself[/cite]Dan - our feelings about each other are mutual. The only difference between the two of us is that I don't arrange to meet others in pubs, and then not turn up....[/quote]

Au contraire Matthew. I quite like you. At times when life can be hard and shitty reading what you write makes me realise that my life is actually quite rich and that there are people out there with bigger and far more ingrained issues to deal with than me.

There are plenty of differences between you and I Matt. For example I'm able to construct an argument that doesn't fall to pieces at the first attempt. Another is that I have an ability not to contradict myself with 5mins of my previous post....Or see that the incident you mentioned was just a process of further winding up someone who was desperate to "meet" in a pub because they couldn't win the verbal jousting and felt that coming to blows over internet banter was only route left and this was a mature and intelligent thing to do.

I'm sure you wouldn't want to be seen to condoning violence just because you felt a bit silly and had suffered a message board shoeing. You must be used to it by now after all......[/quote]

Dan - I could play your game of argument, twist and counter argument, but I've had my fun and you have been exposed too many times on too many sites.

With your last TWO efforts denouncing ONE of my posts though does make me think the lasy doth protest too much.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: matt_himself[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: matt_himself[/cite]Oh Henry. Please do keep grasping at those straws if they make you feel better about the situation. But manufacturing crowds, is a kind of MK Dons-lite, taking the franchise to the people in the darkest depths of the country and giving them a nice, santised, pre-packaged leisure product (providing you are winning).

Well, since you don't care about us and we do about you we are feeling 100 times better than you did. And the best thing is cos you don't care at all we know you can never have it as good in return.

I've really got to you, haven't I?

What a perfect illustration of what I said. I couldn't have scripted it better myself.

1 - 0 on the pitch, 1-0 on here.
  • Options
    Oh dear Henry. I have. I am sorry about that. I'll let you have the last word about it though....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: matt_himself[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: matt_himself[/cite]Dan - our feelings about each other are mutual. The only difference between the two of us is that I don't arrange to meet others in pubs, and then not turn up....

I'm sure you wouldn't want to be seen to condoning violence just because you felt a bit silly and had suffered a message board shoeing. You must be used to it by now after all......

Dan - I could play your game of argument, twist and counter argument, but I've had my fun and you have been exposed too many times on too many sites.

"I take the lack of any serious attempt to contradict my observations as a silent endorsement of my beliefs on this subject"
    [cite]Posted By: matt_himself[/cite]With your last TWO efforts denouncing ONE of my posts though does make me think the lasy doth protest too much.

Of course. Accept my apologies. Its only you thats allowed to bring up the same subject ad nauseum (please see chip on shoulders, youre not our rivals, bussing in from Kent, away attendances etc etc etc)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Budgie as your wife keeps reminding you, its a marathon not a sprint, so dont get too carried away, as well as we are having a Jordon season " we are coming from behind"

My wife is grateful for a sprint, just to get it out of the way, and there's certainly nothing wrong with coming from behind either.

While it certainly looks like our season is fading, I would imagine it'll end up like your days in the Premiership, and we'll just fade into mid table obscurity, after promising much, unless NW can bring in some much needed class, Beattie and Sinclair would do. For yourselves though, I doubt you'll face face many teams as gutless as Palace were again this season, although if Parkinson is any sort of Manager, he should be able to muster some sort of revival.
  • Options
    In sharp contrast to your fellow nigel, what a sensible chap you are Budgie.
  • Options
    sunk?
  • Options
    Charlton fans have traditionally come from the South East London/ Kent areas. So what if a few that have moved to the kent area bus in? Does it mean you can't continue to support a club if you don't live on the doorstep?? Is their support any less valid because they don't live on the corner of Floyd Road?? That argument is void to say the least.
    I'm off to spend hours and hours on a palace forum talking about a club I don't care about or have any rivalry with at all to discuss all the "many" seasons that palace have spent in the top flight, all the great players that have represented them,to get all earnest over a club that changes it's colours every season and has had numerous nicknames and sells a chunk of it's ground to a supermarket. A club that are in no way more synthetic than MK Dons. We can't match that level of history at The Valley so why do we try? (oh and I do a good line in crisp packet collecting so I will fit right in)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]sunk?
    To save Matt from himself.....
  • Options
    The little cutie pie...