Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Outplayed, outclassed and outsang

Comments

• Options
    Matt himself - I have a Palace ST holder at work who so happens to be a Man U fan living in Norbury - sums up your support in a nutshell.

The bussing in arguemnt is lamentably laughable as it is boring. The people coming in are fans who are taking advantage of god damn cheap way of getting to the ground - I think it's called clever marketing of your fan base something yOU lot ARE sadly UNCAPALE of doing or that c**** of a chairman is unwilling to look into.

I'm sure your johnny come latelys in assholestone and dorking would love a £5 coach ride to shit out park ever other week.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Good call Dan. I had always assumed that the fact they took 50 more away with them on average was down to their carers going along as well !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: soapy_jones[/cite]Good call Dan. I had always assumed that the fact they took 50 more away with them on average was down to their carers going along as well !

And at least 16 of those 50 won't be going to any away games for a while will they.
  • Options
    When I got to the top of Floyd Road there was a shrill cry of Eagles from about 5 nerds - it was the highest pitch I have ever heard from anybody. Any higher and glass would have shattered.

Anyway, they were good lads, cos when politely told to shut the fuck up they were very obliging and scuttled off to the station.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: matt_himself[/cite]I take the lack of any serious attempt to contradict my observations as a silent endorsement of my beliefs on this subject.

It must be frustrating to 3,000 or so who bothered to go to Selhurst during the 'dark ages' to have to sit next to some herbert bussed in from Gillingham, who has no idea of the struggles you went through, hasn't even been as far as Loftus Road on an away trip, hates Palace for the same obscure and factually incorrect reasons as you do but without the history of doing so and then doesn't turn-up regularly when things start to go wrong because supporting a losing team isn't how he wishes to spend his leisure time.

It is for these reasons I appauld your 'hard core' of the few thousand hardly souls who have stuck through it. To you I say 'bravo' and don't let the 'johnny-come latelys' drag you down further.[/quote]

I thought that the facts contradict what youre claiming quite well actually Matt. Just because you dont listen to an answer, doesnt mean the answer is incorrect.....

Did you not read the replies, cos if thats the case it makes you look like a bit of twit, or read the replies and didnt realise that these were posted as a serious attempt to contradict what you said, cos if thats the case it makes you look like a bit of a twit.[/quote]

The key is in the word 'serious' in my previous statement.

A few words of bluster and attempted insult, do not qualify as a 'serious' repudiation of my statement.

You know the truth Dan. It's all around you at The Valley. And I for one admire your continued support of the club I have no doubt you love, despite poor management and the bussed-in fans factor undermining the substance of what you hold dear.
  • Options
    Matt,

How many fans, on average, do you think come to each home game on Valley Express (the £5 coach service)?

• Options
    this thread is mildly amusing, especially if you picture young Mr Himself as looking rather like a performing sealion. His flippers banging together everytime he clicks 'add your comments' whilst barking in that oh so funny way.
  • Options
    Matt you lost last night. It happens.
    Move on, you ramble on over the same failed arguments.
    FFS give your PC a rest.
  • Options
    Dear Shatt_himself,

You are the stereotypical Stripey Nigel, brilliant!

I'm still smiling after we beat you yet again!
  • Options
    This thread is an incredibly enjoyable read. Quintessential example of Palace fans. Don't care about Charlton, but utterly, utterly bitter when we (yet again) beat them. They then revert to type, and read the small print in a programme looking for some kind of retort. Obviously matt can't say "you're right, you done us, I have nothing to say", so instead he just ignores the replies to his comments that address his ''point'' (as he did after the last game) and carries on making an idiot of himself, much to our enjoyment and satisfaction - so obvious is his bitterness.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]When I got to the top of Floyd Road there was a shrill cry of Eagles from about 5 nerds - it was the highest pitch I have ever heard from anybody. Any higher and glass would have shattered.

Anyway, they were good lads, cos when politely told to shut the fuck up they were very obliging and scuttled off to the station.

Had the misfortune to get a train down last night from Charing X crammed from full of cheesies , delayed me by at least 2 pints worth of fine ale (or would have done if The Oak hadnt any last night).The shutting of train doors a bit too complicated for them....if theres no room, theres no room.Didnt need any booze to get me up for the game after that experience.......and a couple of them got twatted down Floyd Road (Not by me, unfortunately)....which was nice.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: matt_himself[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: matt_himself[/cite]I take the lack of any serious attempt to contradict my observations as a silent endorsement of my beliefs on this subject.

It must be frustrating to 3,000 or so who bothered to go to Selhurst during the 'dark ages' to have to sit next to some herbert bussed in from Gillingham, who has no idea of the struggles you went through, hasn't even been as far as Loftus Road on an away trip, hates Palace for the same obscure and factually incorrect reasons as you do but without the history of doing so and then doesn't turn-up regularly when things start to go wrong because supporting a losing team isn't how he wishes to spend his leisure time.

It is for these reasons I appauld your 'hard core' of the few thousand hardly souls who have stuck through it. To you I say 'bravo' and don't let the 'johnny-come latelys' drag you down further.

I thought that the facts contradict what youre claiming quite well actually Matt. Just because you dont listen to an answer, doesnt mean the answer is incorrect.....

Did you not read the replies, cos if thats the case it makes you look like a bit of twit, or read the replies and didnt realise that these were posted as a serious attempt to contradict what you said, cos if thats the case it makes you look like a bit of a twit.

The key is in the word 'serious' in my previous statement.

A few words of bluster and attempted insult, do not qualify as a 'serious' repudiation of my statement.

You know the truth Dan. It's all around you at The Valley. And I for one admire your continued support of the club I have no doubt you love, despite poor management and the bussed-in fans factor undermining the substance of what you hold dear.

Apologies. Last season's average away attendance figures and the true figure of how many people use the Valley Express are just too jovial for you are they?

I hope the irony of your bluster and attempted insults comments are not lost on you given the points Ive highlighted in bold for you above....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]so instead he just ignores the replies to his comments that address his ''point'' (as he did after the last game) and carries on making an idiot of himself, much to our enjoyment and satisfaction - so obvious is his bitterness.

This'll be far too bluster and attempted insult laced for Matt's liking Chunes......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: matt_himself[/cite]I take the lack of any serious attempt to contradict my observations as a silent endorsement of my beliefs on this subject.

It is for these reasons I appauld your 'hard core' of the few thousand hardly souls who have stuck through it. To you I say 'bravo' and don't let the 'johnny-come latelys' drag you down further.

First of all I'm very glad to see you recognise that going to shithurst was and I suspect still is, deemed to be 'dark ages'.

It is of course a concept that you might struggle with, the fact that any fan would want to travel any serious distance to watch their club. But I will try to educate you, (I am, as a Charlton fan used to dealing in the impossible, so here goes).

Regrettably when the factual decision was made by your now best mate uncle, (how could I possibly be accused of stitching a club up), ron and our ill informed board at the time, to share a ground in an even worse condition than ours in a place where no self respecting individual would choose to spend a few minutes let alone a few hours, we naturally were rather depressed at the idea.

Equally unfortunately although a plea went out to all the pharmaceutical manufacturers to increase the supply of hallucinogenic drugs to cover the volume needed for our supporters to be able to bear the arduous task, they weren't up to the job. The supply didn't even cover the numbers that did go, so those like myself who had to put up with the gobby holier than though bo****ks from the local shared accommodation brigade and the even less wonderful reactions to ourselves from the single brain cell staff members, has unfortunately meant that we are less than enamoured by your very existence on the planet.

To be fair however we should actually understand how you could not grasp that we were unhappy, because after all I can imagine if your support was asked to up sticks and move to say, the Withdean, the obvious increase in facilities would be a huge step up for you and you would no doubt be delighted.

What has happened to us since these dark days, is that fans who would rather move across the globe than move across to surrey are returning, sometimes by coach, (do you see what I did there?) and those that were naturally curious to see a club with a unique place in sporting history have come along for the ride. We may keep the latter, we may not, who knows, but we will be safe in the knowledge that we have the ability to get them here and the facilities in which to welcome them.

I sincerely hope that you are able to follow our lead in allowing supporters of your club new and old to watch you wherever you may play and wherever they may live, although I suspect that the local council laws on allowing the transporting of livestock into areas of possible contamination may restrict your progress.
  • Options
    The irony!
  • Options
    Cheers for the 3 points Matt
  • Options
    Dear dear Matt...........you can try to bring all kinds of stats up about how many went where and to where, who sang the loudest, and any over old dross, but the reality is Matty Boy..........there is only satistic that matters.....

1-0

Now get back to your homework
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Dear dear Matt...........you can try to bring all kinds of stats up about how many went where and to where, who sang the loudest, and any over old dross, but the reality is Matty Boy..........there is only satistic that matters.....

1-0

Now get back to your homework

Good to finally meet you last night D.

I haven't checked but I think we scored 100% of the goals last night.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    We don't care if you hate us or not, we hate you, and that's fine for us. Truth is you love it if you beat us, which be honest amounts to the same.

As for the Kent thing, Charlton used to be in Kent and is still very near the border.

Also If you study some history about migration from the inner city to the suburbs and beyond you would see that there is most definitely an historic link for support from the Charlton area and beyond into Kent. A similar thing may apply to your fans who now live in London your club being in Surrey.

As for the QPR thing, I believe attendance there could be something to do with the ticket pricing, it certainly put me off.
  • Options
    The reason palace fans can afford the likes of qpr away is because of the amount of money u all earn on benefits..and u know its true..but o well aye u win some u lose some..just like we did last nite..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Matt does this mean you have finished playing with yourself over your french male teacher or have you gone back for double english

you stripey Mug
  • Options
    Here is another stat that most the first interview Wankcock has done after a defeat and not brought out the list of grocceries his wife wants him to pick up from Saisburys after the game and say "I have to be careful what i say as i might get fined by the FA, but i can say this as Alex Furgeson can say and get away with it".

Is it a disease that you get once you become associated with Palace in some way shape or form that you talk complete rubbish, lets look at the facts, Jordon, Warnock, Matty, Clinton Morrison, Alan Pardew, Ian Dowie, to name but a few, just talk complete and utter rubbish in which makes no sense whatsoever.
  • Options
    I'd like to thank those of you who have contributed to this. It has been a mildly amusing way of passing the time today, and I am impressed with the numbers of 'chips' on display here.

Enjoy your moment. I know it mean a lot to you.
  • Options
    We've been enjoying the moment since 1968 with regards to league results at home mate...
  • Options
    cum again matt whats that twice in a day back to the fiddling under the table

mug
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: matt_himself[/cite]I'd like to thank those of you who have contributed to this. It has been a mildly amusing way of passing the time today, and I am impressed with the numbers of 'chips' on display here.

So now you have been asked a direct question about the number of people on the coaches that you know so much about you are running away.

For the record it is between 500 and 1000 per game (Airman Brown will correct me) with 1300 being the most ever.

So let's say 1000 out of 15,000 home fans. So in your row you are likely to have 1 coached in person and 14 not.

Now the coaches are open to any fans, old and new and many are new but many more are actually long term fans.

The great work the Rick and his people have done has made it easier for people to come to games. result is bigger crowds, more income, better facilities, more people able to enjoy watching us beat Palace.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: matt_himself[/cite]I'd like to thank those of you who have contributed to this. It has been a mildly amusing way of passing the time today, and I am impressed with the numbers of 'chips' on display here.

Too right it did pal.......and on both counts!
  • Options

So now replying to your bluster and attempted insult with hard facts, something you asked for may I add, is only due to the chips on our shoulder(s)?

Matt - You really are a prize prat. Thanks for reminding me of this fact.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Dear dear Matt...........you can try to bring all kinds of stats up about how many went where and to where, who sang the loudest, and any over old dross, but the reality is Matty Boy..........there is only satistic that matters.....
    1-0

tbf there is another stat that matters a little, and thats league placing, and I'm sure you'd have taken Palace taking all 6 points this season, and swopping league positions.
  • Options
    Budgie - yes! However we are where we are, so a win over them makes us feel better if only for a few days.