Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Outplayed, outclassed and outsang

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Come on Matt, let's be hearing from you.[/quote]

Well done on winning last night. You took your chance and got the points. both teams were awful, it was possibly the worst game of football I have been to in 20 years, with us just shading it the on mediocrity stakes.

However, once more, you were thoroughly outsang from start to finish - we forgot you were there most of the game, and, "Your grounds to big for you". Well done as well to your apologetic 'Nigel' fans after the game at the station - I have never met a meeker and milder bunch than that.

Enjoy last night, because I doubt whether Burnley or Bristol City will be so appalling.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: matt_himself[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Come on Matt, let's be hearing from you.

Well done on winning last night. You took your chance and got the points. both teams were awful, it was possibly the worst game of football I have been to in 20 years, with us just shading it the on mediocrity stakes.

However, once more, you were thoroughly outsang from start to finish - we forgot you were there most of the game, and, "Your grounds to big for you". Well done as well to your apologetic 'Nigel' fans after the game at the station - I have never met a meeker and milder bunch than that.

Enjoy last night, because I doubt whether Burnley or Bristol City will be so appalling.

LOL ...
  • Options
    Fuck off you palace cunt
  • Options
    So you lot sang did you?

Because from the North stand it did not sound like it after we scored, before that it was probably the most vocal your lot have ever been but after that the noise seemed to ebb away. As for us we were quiet in the second half but that was down to nerves, everyone was on edge as that first real win was gold dust. As for our team that is two wins out of four and they can hopefully glean some belief from that and improve steadily.

After Fortune went off we were poor on the pitch having only one defender able to head a ball and your side hoofing it goalwards at every opportunity.
  • Options
    he he the difference is we've been losing to shite teams recently, also don't think the game was that bad apart from the ref who was awful.
  • Options
    Both sets of fans were poor Matt. And as for the station comment, how many of our fans chanted another teams name or dressed up as a clown? We were definitely louder after the game at Sellhurst than you were last night.
  • Options
    Still bitter are we
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    matt you know you lot sneaked in and out of SE7 last night as usual you got beat get used to it you should be by now, Yes our ground is to big for us we know that but it is ours is yours???

You may well see us go down bravo well done but you will have played no part in our mis fortune However our Fortune jon that is Did relegate you scummy no good stripey mugs and that will be forever printed in history.

you are a sorry little club full of sorry no good no mark fools like your self .

Now get your self back to double maths and stop fiddling with yourself under the table over your french male teacher
  • Options
    Palace fans at the station last night showed that they do care about us. Palace fan on the train home, " i might go to their last game of the season against Norwich in my Norwich shirt and bring a banner saying enjoy division 1"

Typical Nigel

Then the mugs doing what they do best in giving it to fans in shirts at the station, somethings never change.
  • Options
    didnt hear a peep out of the palace fans before during or after .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You are a collosal prat........

hahahahahahahahahahaha

man i love my club.... just to be back in London for today...

palace.... hahahahhha
  • Options

Thoroughly outsung us, ha ha ha, in the first 10 minutes maybe but we didn't hear a thing after that.
    And you don't care about us but you've already been checking out our upcoming fixtures!
  • Options
    But at the end of the game Tosser-himself...we outpointed you on the night......enough said.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: matt_himself[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Come on Matt, let's be hearing from you.[/quote]

Enjoy last night, because I doubt whether Burnley or Bristol City will be so appalling.[/quote]

Thoroughly outsung us, ha ha ha, in the first 10 minutes maybe but we didn't hear a thing after that.
    And you don't care about us but you've already been checking out our upcoming fixtures![/quote]

Chris - they announced your future fixtures during half-time at the game last night. That's how I know.

I finally worked out a few things last night about you all, a few dots joined if you will.

Looking through the programme it became apparant that you have an appalling away following, I think it was 700-odd followed you to QPR (an away fixture where we traditionally take around 2,000 and fill out the away stand). Looking further at your programme, the reason became apparant. You don't have a 'true' or 'real' fanbase. A large number of your fans are bussed in from all manner of places in Kent, and have no real attachment with your club - they treat it as any other 'leisure activity' such as going to the cinema or watching a band. They just know getting on a coach, buying a fizzy drink and a burger at the Valley, buying a genuine piece of merchendise with your motif on it, and then going home. They have no attachment to the Charlton area and no real understanding of your history (or participation in it).

Therefore a large proportion have no understanding of the usual rituals of following a club - travelling to away games and enjoying the banter, being able to identify with supporters of other clubs and participation in the history of the club, through thick and thin, and have not grown up experiencing the various emotions attached to supporting a league club. Yes, yes, a few of them may have gone to Old Trafford when you were in Premiership and got their picture taken there, but it isn't a substitute for years of dedicated support. It was there and then that I felt empathy for you, and replaced my mild dislike of you with understanding of your circumstances.

It is for these reasons I wish you don't get relegated, as it must be frustrating for the few thousand that have followed you for years, and enjoy what is left of your season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

And you don't care about us but you've already been checking out our upcoming fixtures!

Chris - they announced your future fixtures during half-time at the game last night. That's how I know.

I finally worked out a few things last night about you all, a few dots joined if you will.

Looking through the programme it became apparant that you have an appalling away following, I think it was 700-odd followed you to QPR (an away fixture where we traditionally take around 2,000 and fill out the away stand). Looking further at your programme, the reason became apparant. You don't have a 'true' or 'real' fanbase. A large number of your fans are bussed in from all manner of places in Kent, and have no real attachment with your club - they treat it as any other 'leisure activity' such as going to the cinema or watching a band. They just know getting on a coach, buying a fizzy drink and a burger at the Valley, buying a genuine piece of merchendise with your motif on it, and then going home. They have no attachment to the Charlton area and no real understanding of your history (or participation in it).

Therefore a large proportion have no understanding of the usual rituals of following a club - travelling to away games and enjoying the banter, being able to identify with supporters of other clubs and participation in the history of the club, through thick and thin, and have not grown up experiencing the various emotions attached to supporting a league club. Yes, yes, a few of them may have gone to Old Trafford when you were in Premiership and got their picture taken there, but it isn't a substitute for years of dedicated support. It was there and then that I felt empathy for you, and replaced my mild dislike of you with understanding of your circumstances.

It is for these reasons I wish you don't get relegated, as it must be frustrating for the few thousand that have followed you for years, and enjoy what is left of your season.

Whereas you are a REAL supporter as you have a tattoo of Simon Jordan on your left arse cheek & Nookie Bear on your right I suppose.....

Imbecile.
  • Options
    You should chnage your user name to Mugged_Himself, if this thread is anything to go by
  • Options
    Cue the table....comparing ours and the Glaziers away followings...anyone got it to hand for Matt the tw@t ?
  • Options
    You've got to give it to the boy, he's persistent!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]You've got to give it to the boy, he's persistent!

Yes, like piles.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

So you filled out away allocations at us and QPR? Well done. It's a shame your support is dreadful every else, much like ours. Away support is in many cases relative to success though and as i'm sure you're aware we're bottom of the league.
    What you also seem to be forgetting is in 2000, we won the championship, and took over 7000 to your sh*t hole of a ground. When you next take 7000 to a league game, come back on here and let us know.
    Incidentally the Valley Express only accounts for around 1000 people per home game so i don't think that has anything to do with poor away followings.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2009
    Now, now Matt - You're just asking for last season's average away attendances to be trotted out again.

You know the list that shows that you took, on average, 50 more away than we did. We wouldn't want that now would we? It might just demonstrate that you're talking out of your arse as usual......

Oh and its nice to see youre still using that "bussing fans in from Kent" tripe, despite having been corrected about the low % of fans who use it on a number of occasions.

funny_monkey.jpg
  • Options
    My friend Quentin and I was hugely impressed with your fantastic passionate support Matthew that we were looking immensely forward to seeing them in full flow on the walk back to the station, hoping to gain some tips (in what style should i wear my scarf, in what key should i start what you passionate fans class as a 'chant' etc).

But we weerehugely disappointed to be greeted by a wall of absolute silence (had someone previously shouted 'Simon Says stare at your shoes).

I clearly could not have been the only one looking for such tips on passion, as i heard several other expectant seekers of knowledge resorting to shouting things such as 'come on then Palace, where are you' .

Though Quentin and I were not as frustrated as they were, as they then went on to use a selection of colourful words that were far too fruity for my ilk.
  • Options
    Matt, make sure the BBCode is clicked when you are doing quotes.

Cheers for buying a programme, I've never understood why an away fan would want to buy one. Also it's a bit odd that we would announce our away figures in it.

• Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]My friend Quentin and I was hugely impressed with your fantastic passionate support Matthew that we were looking immensely forward to seeing them in full flow on the walk back to the station, hoping to gain some tips (in what style should i wear my scarf, in what key should i start what you passionate fans class as a 'chant' etc).

But we weerehugely disappointed to be greeted by a wall of absolute silence (had someone previously shouted 'Simon Says stare at your shoes).

I clearly could not have been the only one looking for such tips on passion, as i heard several other expectant seekers of knowledge resorting to shouting things such as 'come on then Palace, where are you' .

Though Quentin and I were not as frustrated as they were, as they then went on to use a selection of colourful words that were far too fruity for my ilk.

Driving back to Bromley I was privileged to see many fine motor cars filled with passionate Palace fans. The main tips I picked up were:

Remove the scarf that had been hanging out the window on the way over

Sit morosely staring into space

Don't talk to any of your companions

I very much appreciated this valuable lesson in passionate support.
  • Options
    I take the lack of any serious attempt to contradict my observations as a silent endorsement of my beliefs on this subject.

It must be frustrating to 3,000 or so who bothered to go to Selhurst during the 'dark ages' to have to sit next to some herbert bussed in from Gillingham, who has no idea of the struggles you went through, hasn't even been as far as Loftus Road on an away trip, hates Palace for the same obscure and factually incorrect reasons as you do but without the history of doing so and then doesn't turn-up regularly when things start to go wrong because supporting a losing team isn't how he wishes to spend his leisure time.

It is for these reasons I appauld your 'hard core' of the few thousand hardly souls who have stuck through it. To you I say 'bravo' and don't let the 'johnny-come latelys' drag you down further.
  • Options
    i'd rather have 'johnny come latelys' than 'never come evers'
  • Options
    Having had the unfortunate pleasure of squeezing onto a train packed with Palace fans I did notice that, even though we tend to come from similar areas, you can spot a Palace fan a mile off.

The men (boys) tend to have a slightly nervous disposition (perhaps something to do with being temporarily detached from the apron string), jeans that don't quite cover their socks and incredibly large feet wearing shoes that seem to have been bought with comfort rather than style in mind.

The ladies (girls) all seem to have what can only be described as a gunt (a gut that blends in with the.....You get the picture), poorly matched tracksuit outfits, hair scrapped back so tight that its hard to determine where hair and scalp part, worn into a pony tail at a slightly gay and frivolous angle and a least 4 large hoop 9 carat earrings per earlobe.

Perhaps its some sort of uniform?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: matt_himself[/cite]I take the lack of any serious attempt to contradict my observations as a silent endorsement of my beliefs on this subject.
    Bit dim aren't you.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: matt_himself[/cite]I take the lack of any serious attempt to contradict my observations as a silent endorsement of my beliefs on this subject.

It must be frustrating to 3,000 or so who bothered to go to Selhurst during the 'dark ages' to have to sit next to some herbert bussed in from Gillingham, who has no idea of the struggles you went through, hasn't even been as far as Loftus Road on an away trip, hates Palace for the same obscure and factually incorrect reasons as you do but without the history of doing so and then doesn't turn-up regularly when things start to go wrong because supporting a losing team isn't how he wishes to spend his leisure time.

It is for these reasons I appauld your 'hard core' of the few thousand hardly souls who have stuck through it. To you I say 'bravo' and don't let the 'johnny-come latelys' drag you down further.

I thought that the facts contradict what youre claiming quite well actually Matt. Just because you dont listen to an answer, doesnt mean the answer is incorrect.....

Did you not read the replies, cos if thats the case it makes you look like a bit of twit, or read the replies and didnt realise that these were posted as a serious attempt to contradict what you said, cos if thats the case it makes you look like a bit of a twit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    Bit dim aren't you.

Only a bit? Are you sure?