Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Outplayed, outclassed and outsang

Comments

• Options
    He only played 8 more games for them than he did for us tbf.

I think we ignore the tw@ts and find our own stupid 'local rivals' to hate like Norwich or someone.
  • Options
    This video sums up Crystal Palace perfectly, every cliché possible is used in under a minute.

Matt and Chris at Platform 4
  • Options
    We don't care about you anyway. Eastbourne Borough are our real rivals.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]This video sums up Crystal Palace perfectly, every cliché possible is used in under a minute.

Matt and Chris at Platform 4

But this is funnier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgZSaCPjkAc&feature=related
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Yet another Palace fan who doesn't care about us but is straight on here when his team finally defeats us in a league game this century. Yet another article in their programme professing ignorance of why we might dislike you. You lot are very slow aren't you. Denial is not a river in Africa.

Matt, just repeating the same thing again and again doesn't make it any more true. I can see that you have learnt the first page of "Cliches for Palace fans" but you have shown that you are unable to come up with any original thoughts or ideas of your own. Why not come back when you can

Sad really but you enjoy it. Just remember that your wet dream of delight at finally beating us is nothing to the pleasure we had when we sent you down or when Denis scored in the last minute.

AS for the game the Better team won but there was little class from Palace just a normal Warnock work rate and percentages team. We were poor and we deserved to lose.

As for the gloating. Fair enough. We have done enough of that since 1996 so now the boot is on the other foot we have to grin and bear it.

The pain for me though, Matt has been thoroughly eased by you showing once and for all that you care so very very very much about us. Maybe even more than we do about you.[/quote]

Oh dear. How did I manage to offend the chief clown in such a way that he responded such pre-scripted vitriol as above?

Henry, old fruit, I expected better. Did you not realise that I dropped in last night after a few beers to get exactly the sort of reaction as posted by yourself? I would have thought that someone with your standing within Charlton Athletic Football Club would have responded with a simple f*** o** rather than an outpouring of stereotypical nonsense.

One point I will respond to though, which needs to be addressed is as follows: I don't know what it is like to see you relegated at a Palace match, and all that other tosh you posted, but I do know what it is like to win (and handsomely, I might add) and lose (heartachingly, the worst night of my Palace supporting life was in 2005 when Br*ghton beat us at Selhurst) at a derby where the hatred and rivalry is mutual. You will never know that. And the big thing I take from last night, is that last night marked yet another milestone in the decline of Charlton Athletic Football Club. And you know it. How did it hurt last night to know that you had sunk even further down into the abyss? How was that walk back to Norwood Junction, consoling yourself with the thought that you were still 'moral victors' because you has 'class'?
  • Options
    But we're not your rivals, right?
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Palace fans don't care about Charlton though? Can't be real, can it?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]But we're not your rivals, right?[/quote]

I find all this "but we're not your rivals" stuff a bit desperate. It's a bit like the 17 year old lad who has been dumped by his girlfriend, but tries to win her back with creating this image that he doesn't really need her. I am of the opinion that to be an 'Addick' you need, or need the thought of, Crystal Palace Football Club in your life, in order to attempt validate your own life. Why is that? Are things so bad in Plumstead, Thamesmead and all those other places that the Valley Express stops so bad that you have to create an 'ogre' in order to create meaning your lives?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: matt_himself[/cite]
    I find all this "but we're not your rivals" stuff a bit desperate.

Indeed, Matty-boy, which is why a quick Google on "palace charlton not rivals" brings up CPFC BBS threads like this, from when we screwed up against you in the League Cup that time.

Plumstead? Thamesmead? I had to come to the match via Thornton Heath, you know...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: matt_himself[/cite]
    (heartachingly, the worst night of my Palace supporting life was in 2005 when Br*ghton beat us at Selhurst)

What,worse than losing to united in the cup final?

Or don't you remember that?
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]What the hell's going on round here? If I wanted to read the thoughts of a 14 year old on a wind up I'd have stayed at netaddicks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Matt, just repeating the same thing again and again doesn't make it any more true. I can see that you have learnt the first page of "Cliches for Palace fans" but you have shown that you are unable to come up with any original thoughts or ideas of your own. Why not come back when you can
  • Options
    1-0 Henry
  • Options
    If you don't care about us what was last year about, when several of your fans beat up families on a train because they were Charlton fans. I can't remember hearing on the news about the last time a group of palarse fans done some time picking up the soap (which I know they must love) for attacking a group off Brighton fans. Live with it you hate us and we hate you.
  • Options
    Clear as day sections of the Palace support singing 'We hate Charlton' and 'We beat the scum 1-0'. Also you celebrated like you had won the league when you scored. Complete nonsense you dont care about us. Even if you actually did not, we still hate you and that is all that matters.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Add to that coming onto this site the moment he walks through the door and I think that Matt is trying a little bit too hard to convince us (or is it himself?) that "we're not rivals".

As Henry said Matt - Please come out with something a little more original and intelligent and perhaps we can enter into some slightly different banter than the norm we expect from pre-pubescent Palace fans. Until you're capable of doing so then the archetypal vitriol laced diatribe will continue to be trotted out as that's really all someone at your level deserves.

Its in your hands Matthew. Personally, and Ive only got this topic and others youve commented on as evidence, I think its going to be a little beyond your meagre resources.

I look forward to being proven wrong.
  • Options
    Matt,
    I have read your posts with some amusement and that is where it ends tbh.
    Your fellow palace fans come on here and generally offer constructive banter and criticism that we can all discuss!
    However your statements are all one way closing statements you do not care about us! yaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bit off free advice may help you in the future! Try and get over it
  • Options
    And it's noticeable that the Palace regulars on this board aren't touching this discussion with a bargepole. Perhaps they're worried about being labelled batshit by association.
  • Options
    please
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Palace x
    There you go mate, now go and tell your croydon pals you ad it pwoper norty bwovaa on an internet site and the charlton harcore bricked it. Knob.
  • Options
    matt, we would love to hear from you now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When I mentioned this to my palace friends at work they were totally gutted, the look on their faces was priceless
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]When I mentioned this to my palace friends at work they were totally gutted, the look on their faces was priceless

LOL and how hard has SJ been trying to flog that dead horse of a club he "owns".

Typical Charlton to do their business in private not in the press.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]When I mentioned this to my palace friends at work they were totally gutted, the look on their faces was priceless

LOL and how hard has SJ been trying to flog that dead horse of a club he "owns".

Typical Charlton to do their business in private not in the press.
    We conducted this in a very classy manor. There is me thinking it might be hard to hang on to Bailey last week.....
  • Options
    they say the darkest hour ..... id right before the dawn (bob Dylan)

hahahahahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    Come on Matt, let's be hearing from you.
  • Options
    Sha la la la, whose ****ing laughing now?

:D:D
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    their finishing was lame, think they taught us a thing or two with their passing though. Hudson was good tonight I thought. I liked the balance of the side too, just need to stop playing within themselves - tricky one - and play to their potential.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    they don't hate us, let's just get over ourselves...

it's honestly been a long long long time since i've smiled this much i don't care if we play in the frigging london 5-a-side league next season we beat them c***s and you're only as good as your last game

beaten once in the league since '96

ta ta scum
  • Options
    titter, chuckle etc
  • Options
    I know this is statto esque but the head to head since '96 in the league reads as:

Championship
    2009-01-27 - 19:45 Charlton Athletic Crystal Palace 1-0
    2008-09-30 - 20:00 Crystal Palace Charlton Athletic 1-0
    2008-02-08 - 19:45 Charlton Athletic Crystal Palace 2-0
    2007-09-01 - 15:00 Crystal Palace Charlton Athletic 0-1
    2000-03-25 - 17:00 Crystal Palace Charlton Athletic 0-1
    1999-12-26 - 17:00 Charlton Athletic Crystal Palace 2-1
    1997-03-08 - 17:00 Charlton Athletic Crystal Palace 2-1
    1996-12-21 - 17:00 Crystal Palace Charlton Athletic 1-0
    1996-02-04 - 17:00 Charlton Athletic Crystal Palace 0-0

Premier League
    2005-05-15 - 15:00 Charlton Athletic Crystal Palace 2-2
    2004-12-05 - 16:05 Crystal Palace Charlton Athletic 0-1

Charlton Vs Palace since 96 - Won 7, Lost 2, Drawn 2

As the chant says.....Kings of the South! Something else that is apt 'Class is permanent'. I rest my case mi lord! :-))

I'm going back to bed to recover from my hang over. Cheers all!