Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Outplayed, outclassed and outsang

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
Discuss:)

With love from SE25

Comments

• yes outplayed but outclassed, no. That would suggest you had any class which you didn't. As for outsung ?? Don't make me laugh.
  • The lady doth protest too much.

Take it as it is, and embrace reality. Tactically outhought, beaten by a team with passion & who were up for it and supported by a bunch who didn't sing for 4 fifths of a so-called derby (which means so much to you).

Don't try and defend it. It was an appalling all-round performance from the second best team in South London.
  • [cite]Posted By: matt_himself[/cite]It was an appalling all-round performance from the second best team in South London.

No, it might come as a surprise but you actually did alright tonight.
  • edited September 2008
    outplayed yes, outclassed not sure didn't see much class tonight, outsung no... but as i look at all the league tables and hunt upwards there are 36 teams above us and none of them are from south london , so that means we are NO.1 in south london at this moment in time

fair play you finished above us last year but in the preceding 10 years you didn't so you may live in hope.... comeback and report to us at the end of the season
  • I know. We were great, from the start. Warnock outthought Pardew from the start, and a tip Alan, whilst Victor is a top talent, he doesn't need three players around him every time he gets the ball.
  • edited September 2008
    What the hell's going on round here? If I wanted to read the thoughts of a 14 year old on a wind up I'd have stayed at netaddicks.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]outplayed yes, outclassed not sure didn't see much class tonight, outsung no... but as i look at all the league tables and hunt upwards there are 36 teams above us and none of them are from south london , so that means we are NO.1 in south london at this moment in time

fair play you finished above us last year but in the preceding 10 years you didn't so you may live in hope.... comeback and report to us at the end of the season[/quote]

[quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]outplayed yes, outclassed not sure didn't see much class tonight, outsung no... but as i look at all the league tables and hunt upwards there are 36 teams above us and none of them are from south london , so that means we are NO.1 in south london at this moment in time

fair play you finished above us last year but in the preceding 10 years you didn't so you may live in hope.... comeback and report to us at the end of the season[/quote]

Deal with it. Outplayed, outclassed, outsang and you know it.

I admire the fact that you try and defend your players and supporters appalling display tonight, but the truth is far from the reality. When did the Clown players rise to the occassion? When did you threaten us? When did you outsing us? It is all delusion unless you understand that tonight represented the total and utter humiliation of Charlton Athletic Football Club. It's not even like we really care, not in the same sense you do. We hate Brighton, after all, and not you.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]What the hell's going on round here? If I wanted to read the thoughts of a 14 year old on a wind up I'd have stayed at netaddicks.[/quote]

Oh dear sweetheart. Not grasped what's happened tonight yet?

As a reminder you were OUTPLAYED, OUTCLASSED AND OUTSANG.
  • I think you've OUTDRUNK Paul Gascoigne.

As for "total and utter humiliation" see:

Sha-la-la-la-la-la-la-la

Oh, and the last 12 years. Thank you and goodnight!
  • well done matt clearly your cup final you beat us for once, can't recall you on here after we humiliated you last year and no i wasn't on your palace board/bored gloating................ so bore off now and look at the table... one day we might have crowds as small as yours
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting that all ignore the reality of the situation, and revert to type.

I am thoroughly enjoying this. You have lost the only match that matters to you, hence the v-signs you lot were throwing at your players at the final whistle tonight.

Chunes- all I heard tonight was "Sha-la-la-la-la Dowie sent the Clowns down".

Oohaah - address my point - outplayed, outclassed and outsang.
  • But the thing is fella, at the end of the day, the last laugh is on you. You support Palace - end of discussion.
  • edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]outplayed yes, outclassed not sure didn't see much class tonight, outsung no... but as i look at all the league tables and hunt upwards there are 36 teams above us and none of them are from south london , so that means we are NO.1 in south london at this moment in time

fair play you finished above us last year but in the preceding 10 years you didn't so you may live in hope.... comeback and report to us at the end of the season

ok matt you might not have seen it first time but look above
    outplayed yes - this means i agree with you
    outclassed not sure didn't see much class tonight - this means imo you can't get outclassed in a classless game
    outsung no - this means imo you didn't outsing us

hope this helps you matt
  • Charlton have been in serious decline on the pitch for the last five seasons imho. At the moment I can see no prospect of that ending. Before this season started I seriously thought that last seasons poor finish was a blip on Pardews coaching record. Now I am not so sure. I think that this squad has better to offer than what we are currently being served. We were outclassed tonight and we have been poor in the majority of our games so far this season. The coaching, tactics are I feel to blame more than us having rubbish players. If Pardew cannot start to show signs of getting it right by November then I hope the board has the balls to act. Trouble is, after Dowie and Reed I suspect the board will be reluctant to pull the trigger.
  • One thing I like about this joker Matt, is that when we turn the stains over at The Valley I will dedicate the victory to him.
  • matt - you sappy little c*** -- - - outplayed YES

OUTCLASSED - Please you have no class whasoever on and off the field.

outsung - oh please - that joke of a ground's acoustics - you had fans either side of us and we hardly heard you in the game - now jog on
  • I would rather be an Addick this morning even after that defeat, to have to admit to people that you support Palace must be very embarrassing, utter stains, the club is a huge waste of a carbon footprint.
  • I knew it was only a matter of time before some Nigel came along.

Congrats Matt, the better team won last night. As for who was the loudest, who takes the most away, who hates more the most, who has more at home and all that bollocks I don't care. It's petty childish and boring and it's the same conversation every time, 'I thought they didn't care about us' etc.

I have no idea why you enjoy all this cyber-banting but I'll declare you the winner of it all. Now do one.
  • Yes the point they dont care about us!about time they gave that little statement up as it is very very obvious they do!
  • if they dont care about us why were they running down the road after the game celebrating like they had won the FA cup and singing we beat the scum one nil?

Outsung, please you strippy little prick get a life
  • Sponsored links:

• Yet another Palace fan who doesn't care about us but is straight on here when his team finally defeats us in a league game this century. Yet another article in their programme professing ignorance of why we might dislike you. You lot are very slow aren't you. Denial is not a river in Africa.

Matt, just repeating the same thing again and again doesn't make it any more true. I can see that you have learnt the first page of "Cliches for Palace fans" but you have shown that you are unable to come up with any original thoughts or ideas of your own. Why not come back when you can

Sad really but you enjoy it. Just remember that your wet dream of delight at finally beating us is nothing to the pleasure we had when we sent you down or when Denis scored in the last minute.

AS for the game the Better team won but there was little class from Palace just a normal Warnock work rate and percentages team. We were poor and we deserved to lose.

As for the gloating. Fair enough. We have done enough of that since 1996 so now the boot is on the other foot we have to grin and bear it.

The pain for me though, Matt has been thoroughly eased by you showing once and for all that you care so very very very much about us. Maybe even more than we do about you.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]well done matt clearly your cup final you beat us for once, can't recall you on here after we humiliated you last year and no i wasn't on your palace board/bored gloating................ so bore off now and look at the table... one day we might have crowds as small as yours

Agreed Ha ha, We may have lost but it was poor game in which we outsang palace for 75% of it, we had more posession and had more decisions against us. My cousin was there who was a fulham fan and even he admitted the ref was a complete joke... But i'm not bitter they scored - so they won.... Not much can be done about that now is there?
  • All I can say is what a s*it hole of a ground. Infact to think that I paid £30 to sit on a wooden seat is an insult. For Palace to have only 16,000 there on a derby night is yet another disgrace. It was like thier FA Cup final...how very sad. First time in 12 years not that bad? haha.

We will thump them again at the Valley. As for Matt I doubt they will let you log onto this site at School, enjoy your lessons (and yes I know we had one last night?)
  • edited October 2008
    noooooooooooooooooo fella you havnt got a grasp of it yet have you . Seee your PALARSE and always will be. You cant even go to one of those " special" clinics for it, its that bad. No matter what happens on the pitch you will always be Nigels.

How bad is Nigel-itus well they loose all sense of direction , turn up in Greenwich/Lewisham/Blackheath and think they are in SE7, and being a rabble that play in South London their biggest rivals are in Sussex ?

Discuss.

PSS i think your spelling is as bad as mine your names really Wet-himself aint it
  • Will admit that we were 2nd best on the pitch; off it I don't think I heard the palace crowd all night.
    Mrs Misery thought that the "main stand" opposite us had cardboard cut outs in there , such was the lack of passion at that soulless "ground" their chairman DOESN'T own.
    And , as has been said , IF we don't matter to these Nigels , why get so animated when they finally win their 1st game against us this century ?
  • I honestly don't think that I've ever heard such a quiet ground. I was actually sitting amongst the pikeys and pretty much all you could hear up until the goal was the Charlton support. To be fair the team put on a great show and deserve to have won by more. It must be quite dispiriting for them to play in front of such a poor home support. They deserve better tbf.
  • mate you support Palace.... Crystal Palace....
  • I will never allow a Neil warnock side to even use the word class!

Play acting, gamesmanship and timewasting - you have that in abundance but certainly not class
  • What I couldn't understand was this- they kept singing about how they only hated Brighton at the beginning of the game and rubbished the rivalry with a ditty of 'Charlton hate us, dear oh dear'.

But they celebrated their goal and the final whistle like they had just won the Champions League. Then they started singing ' we beat the scum 1-0'.
  • Just a few facts....we're still above them in the table, that's the first win against us in 12 years and in terms of the support....I was there and our fans did do us proud. I've also got the audio on the game recorded and having just listened to it we did alright. Shame that some of the players couldn't put the same amount of effort in.

As for rivals....wish the Palace fans could make up their mind.....one minute we are their rivals...the next we aren't. Personally I like the banter at games as it adds to the flavour of the whole thing. Just be consistant will you! I guess many of the Palace fans, have goldfish type brains....and this goes someway to explaining why one minute we are their rivals and the next we aren't.......and the fact that they keep repeating themselves over and over and over again.....sigh.

Oh and for the record....some of the spotty nigels in the Holmesdale seem to forget....'agent' Pardew did play for Charlton!