Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zheng Zhi

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: collegeparkaddick[/cite]Now corrected on theOS: "He's a fantastic player, and we look forward to a big contribution from him as we try to regain our status in the top flight."

Perhaps now with that distraction resolved, we might more usefully consider why Chief Executive Waggott's announcement means that the club has failed its supporters. I will suggest one rationale: by retaining Zhi, the club has given too many options to the gaffer, allowing him, cruelly, to tinker with the side and thereby ensure failure, thus proving that the team has no ambition and intends only to be a solidly mid-table Championship team.

I hope your post is dripping in sarkyness
  • Options
    Failed how???

By keeping one of the best players by far last season and maintaining the fact that our midfield of

ZZ,Bailey,Shelvey,Bouazza,Holland,Sam,Ambrose is one of the strongest midfield in depth that there is in chumpionship.

shows great ambition to me

hopefully i have read your post incorrectly or taht you mean it in jest
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I am well pleased he is staying i know some may not agree but i cant wait for the man to be wearing our shirt again,

I dont think we saw the best of him last season now we possibly will due to his commitments only being with us,

and if he does want a move and be paid what he or his advisors feel is worthy then he will have to perform his socks off for us which will benfit our campaign.

What NLA said
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: collegeparkaddick[/cite]Now corrected on theOS: "He's a fantastic player, and we look forward to a big contribution from him as we try to regain our status in the top flight."

Perhaps now with that distraction resolved, we might more usefully consider why Chief Executive Waggott's announcement means that the club has failed its supporters. I will suggest one rationale: by retaining Zhi, the club has given too many options to the gaffer, allowing him, cruelly, to tinker with the side and thereby ensure failure, thus proving that the team has no ambition and intends only to be a solidly mid-table Championship team.

I hope your post is dripping in sarkyness

If it was the Sarcasm Police would have swooped by now, surely
  • Options
    Nice one college, i'll put our next failure down to 'cultural divides' :-)
  • Options
    Far from my favourite player I'd be delighted for him to prove me wrong and produce a consistant season controlling the midfield alongside Bailey or whoever.

I dont see him as an answer on the wing, and we've already seen that him and holland arent sufficent in the middle so unless they're planning to play him in behind Varney (and therefore ensure there wont be any long ball football) I cant see him playing with anyone in the middle but Bailey (or perhaps Racon when fit)
  • Options
    I believe he won't be rushed back after his not having a close season for 2 years.

Zhengy at his best has fantastic energy and movement to bring to the team, so in my view it's important that he gets the chance to be properly rested and his batteries recharged - no point expecting him to perform to his best otherwise.
    So no need to rush him back to a starting 1st team place.

Results, form, injuries whatever, will soon dictate when ZZ should return to the team.

In fact with 3 creative players - Ambrose, Toddy & ZZ soon to establish themselves in the 1st team, we could prove to be a good footballing team this season.

And Pards, tell the team, no lumping it up vaguely in the direction of Iwelumo ...... he's gone.
  • Options
    We tried to get rid, couldn't, so are making the best of it which is fine. It stopped us reducing our wage bill/bringing someone in, but hey ho that's life. Shame he doesn't love the club enough to sign a new contract, assuming he's been offered one.

:)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]We tried to get rid, couldn't, so are making the best of it which is fine. It stopped us reducing our wage bill/bringing someone in, but hey ho that's life. Shame he doesn't love the club enough to sign a new contract, assuming he's been offered one.

Wouldn't matter if he did love the club, I suspect his Chinese minders have the final say.
  • Options
    so then not enough - to defy his minders...

• Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]"He's a fantastic player, and we look forward to a big contribution from him as we try to retain our status in the top flight."

Is Waggy working to hard ???

Nice bloke and all that, but someone give him a nudge and point out the small fact we are no longer in the top flight !!

Typo.

g is just below t. Regain makes sense.

Sorry read the rest of the thread and Southampton has already picked up on it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've just looked up his wikipedia article... and errm...

" On 1 July 2010, he was released by Celtic. His position at the club became untenable as he suffered from chronic diarrhoea, preventing him from being able to train. [11]"

Anyone else scoff at this?
  • Options
    that's crap
  • Options
    Cetic's training is based on runs.......
  • Options
    He hit the ground running on his comeback!!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    his runs were supposed to be into the hole in the middle but they were all over the place
  • Options
    He wanted to go to West Ham but a spokesman said "We've already got Dyer 'ere......"
  • Options
    He was no Messi.....well, actually....
  • Options
    perhaps we could wipe the slate clean and offer him a roll here
  • Options
    Always very Charmin'
  • Options
    What a load of sh*t
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what are they basin that article on?
  • Options
    I heard Chris Powell needs a number 2
  • Options
    On paper he was decent.
  • Options
    always thought we made the wrong decision toilet him leave.
  • Options
    Now that we're flush we might be able to get him back.
  • Options
    This episode could really put the skids on his career.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]Now that we're flush we might be able to get him back.
    that could be intestine
  • Options
    poo'd have thought it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]poo'd have thought it
    maybe our groundsman, Colon Bowell
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]poo'd have thought it

Get out

davidbrent.jpg