Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zheng Zhi

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: CityAddick[/cite]Same old Charlton, sell at the last minute, get under market value, and too late for pards to spend it. I for one think we should keep him, but only if he wants to stay and get him to sign a new contract with a view he can go in the summer for a decent fee if we don't go up. A line has to be drawn with all this selling, ZZ was signed after we we went down so should not be on Prem wages. My Boy will be devastated, ZZ is his fav player.

Unfortunately with the olympics it has become somewhat last minute, but this has been coming for a long time now.

As for the money we'll get, I don't think it was ever in the plan to spend it on players, at least in this window, so whether it comes last minute or not, it probably doesn't matter so much.
  • Options
    TBF City Addick its not under market value as he has a year left on his contract. Ben Watson will leave Palace for less.

The reason its delayed is not down to CAFC but the fact he's been at the Olympics and then on holiday.

I thought he signed the season we went down? Odds on his wages are pretty decent
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CityAddick[/cite]Same old Charlton, sell at the last minute, get under market value, and too late for pards to spend it. I for one think we should keep him, but only if he wants to stay and get him to sign a new contract with a view he can go in the summer for a decent fee if we don't go up. A line has to be drawn with all this selling, ZZ was signed after we we went down so should not be on Prem wages. My Boy will be devastated, ZZ is his fav player.

To be fair I think the club did all they could to tie ZZ up to a new deal, they sent representatives over to Beijing while he was training for the Olympics. Obviously those talks weren't succesful so now I think getting £2.5m for him is the best deal possible. I will be gutted to see him go but the club comes first.
  • Options
    wasnt he on loan then signed fully the summer we went..?
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]TBF City Addick its not under market value as he has a year left on his contract. Ben Watson will leave Palace for less.

The reason its delayed is not down to CAFC but the fact he's been at the Olympics and then on holiday.

I thought he signed the season we went down? Odds on his wages are pretty decent

He came in originally on-loan (in Jan) and then signed permanently after we went down.
  • Options
    Cheers BFR and Razil
  • Options
    Cheers for the updates guys, still think as per usual we'll tie it all up far to late in the day.
  • Options
    AFKA i think you need to sack your sources!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CityAddick[/cite]Cheers for the updates guys, still think as per usual we'll tie it all up far to late in the day.

ever thought that some things could be out of the clubs control? nope. obviously silly old charlton not good at what they do and messing it up again.
  • Options
    http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/296000313?-11197
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sometimes guys you have to be honest, I defend the club to the hilt, but don't tell me you haven't once thought what I posted. Sorry, if I upset people fine but please no double standards it really annoys me.

And yes some things are out of there control, but not all the time, or are you going to tell me someting different?
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    we are holding out as long as possible for the best price clearly, I don't have a problem with that, and its not like we are that short in the middle now. It would be nice to have some money from the sale to get a centre half, but who really believes this cash will be additional, its either already been spent on Bailey or repaying our debts.
  • Options
    yesterday people were on here saying that the club got the wording wrong on the website and probably the terms of the contract of linvoy's loan and thats why it was all not going to happen. same people don't pop up to say that they were obviously wrong.

i just wonder who makes things up as a rumour, and who turns them into facts. thats all.
  • Options
    don't let it wind you up suze, thats what footy forums are about - ifs and buts, speculation, rumours, stats and more lies.

The Primus thing has been a bit contradictory, so people are bound to speculate until they know the facts.

:)
  • Options
    that was hilarious yesterday. 1 website started it, and it was like a mexican wave across all internet sports site using the same 4 sentences in a different order to say exactly the same thing.

its not the rumours and the speculation razil, its the assumption that the club are the problem which puzzles me when they're presented as a fact.
  • Options
    Suzie, just in case you think I'm talking about Primus I'm not. My point is raised at the ZZ saga. Just to clarify. Cheers.

I agree, the Primus thing is a complete joke all round.
  • Options
    Don't worry City, I'm sure Nicky Bailey will replace ZZ as your son's favourite soon enough :)
  • Options
    midfielders who get into the oppo's box and score are a priceless comidity in football; hence ZZ will be big loss unless Holland and Bailey can chip with some goals

Bailey scored a few at Southend and looked like he wasn't afraid to have a pop on Saturday which was promising and maybe Holland has a couple more in his locker in which case with Shelvey in the wings and Bouzza we may be able to cope without ZZ
  • Options
    You forgot Ambrose, scorer & creator of goals from midfield - incognito, as nobody noticed!!

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CityAddick[/cite]Cheers for the updates guys, still think as per usual we'll tie it all up far to late in the day.

ever thought that some things could be out of the clubs control? nope. obviously silly old charlton not good at what they do and messing it up again.

I have to agree with you Suzi but I'm afraid 'twas ever thus. People seem to forget that those running our club are successful businessmen. They didn't get there by being crap at negotiation, yet almost everytime we sell somebody, the cry goes up "same old Charlton, f*cking it up as usual". And before people ask, no I am not related to any of the directors/senior managers, no I don't work for Richard Murrays PR representative. I think it's common sense backed up by people such as yourself from the inside. This club is as open as any football club could be and despite the mistakes of the last few years and some recent changes at the top, I still trust them to get the best deal they can for players like ZZ.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well said Bing.
  • Options
    Charlton do have a habit of selling players late in the transfer windows - but that generally is when you get the best deal, or at least a better deal. Reid and Parker both went late and in both cases the club didn't take the first offer on the table - to have done so would have been "old" Charlton when we sold players like Elliott and Walsh for ridiculously low amounts. At least now when we do sell we generally get market value or above and West Brom in this case are going to pay a rumoured £2.5m, around £500K more than they first offered. Similarly by not taking the first offer on the table we crow-barred a bit extra for Bougherra.
  • Options
    And the Board certainly negotiated a decent fee for Darren Bent, Bent, Bent.
  • Options
    hmm perhaps getting the best deal is negated by the lack of a replacement, which can happen when you push things to the last minute.
  • Options
    http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/296268211?-11197
  • Options
    http://www.bogoff.com/
  • Options
    couldn't have been put any better Chicago!
  • Options
    So has he gone yet?
  • Options
    not yet i hope he dont know we need to keep him based on saturday he could have played out wide instead of bailey
  • Options
    blimey 11.58 tonight locked on fact he goes