Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zheng Zhi

Comments

• Options
    thats why footies blinding one person see's it one way and others see it diffrent
  • Options
    I'd keep ZZ in a shot, still shocked he hasn't gone. Who's to say if he did stay we couldn't convince him to sign a contract aftrer a good run? Although chances of us having a good run...
  • Options
    Leaving aside the possibility of a disastrous "loan," ZZ has every incentive to prove that he merits another shot at the highest level over the next four months. Given how things have lined up, this is, to me, a good outcome.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: collegeparkaddick[/cite]Leaving aside the possibility of a disastrous "loan," ZZ has every incentive to prove that he merits another shot at the highest level over the next four months. Given how things have lined up, this is, to me, a good outcome.

If he's focused we could have a really cracking midfield. Will be interesting to see what Pards has to say tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Cracking when they are on form. ZZ was still a bit inconsistent (fair enough nowhere near as bad as Sam, Thomas and Ambrose), and Bouazza looks like he will be that sort of player as well.

At their best I agree it should make a good midfield, but we need our midfielders to find some consistency, which most of them don't have. Could argue Holland is the only one in fact.
  • Options
    How you can bracket Ambrose with Sam and Thomas from last season is beyond me; in terms of assists (official figures) plus goals, Ambrose and ZZ each contributed almost a quarter of our goals - exactly what you want from attacking midfielders. Sam got, what, two goals and about two assists, Thomas no goals and about two assists. Sam was very good against Preston though.
  • Options
    judging by reports so far bouazza will be as infuriating as the rest of em in regards to consistency but well pleased zz has stayed the guy has class
  • Options
    Rumours at the reserve game that ZZ would be going out on that dreaded loan, i am a bit confused by this though as prem clubs cant loan players after Sep 8th can they??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charlton_carl[/cite]Rumours at the reserve game that ZZ would be going out on that dreaded loan, i am a bit confused by this though as prem clubs cant loan players after Sep 8th can they??

It's not September 8th yet though!
  • Options
    your point is???

Mine is that championship sides can get emergency loans after September the 8th for 93 days, and thats when we expect Primus to sign.

The rumour was that he would be going to WBA on loan. But i didn't think that Prem clubs could sign playes in this window, hence my question.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I will be very surprised if we ever see ZZ wearing a Charlton shirt again. I really don't think he figures in Pardews' plans at all for the season.
  • Options
    I think we will see ZZ, i was under the impression also that loans could only be between prem to lower league clubs up until the 8th Sept otherwise there is no point of the transfer window ending at midnight monday.

ZZ surely has always been in Pards plans he was the one that bought him and played him rto near exhaustion last season
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charlton_carl[/cite]your point is???

Mine is that championship sides can get emergency loans after September the 8th for 93 days, and thats when we expect Primus to sign.

The rumour was that he would be going to WBA on loan. But i didn't think that Prem clubs could sign playes in this window, hence my question.

My point was that if you are correct that Prem clubs can't enter into loan deals after Sept 8th - this suggests that they presumably can before Sept 8th! Thus the player could still go out on loan to whoever before next Monday.
  • Options
    I dont think Premier league clubs can enter into any deals unless the player is a free agent and therefore the transfer is not between 2 clubs, I think the loan issue is between Prem To league clubs not Prem from League clubs, i may be wrong however but i dont think i am otherwise what was the point of the transfer window when for another 8 days oprem clubs can still loan
  • Options
    How abouts we wait till Pards does a press conference either tomorrow or next Thursday, and we find out that what's happening?
  • Options
    it was really Les Reed who set the deal up
  • Options
    Which of course, is the right answer, Rothko.
  • Options
    two scenarios :

1) has already signed for another Club subject to work permit issues and that is awaiting rubber-stamping

or

2) could he buy out his contract thus becoming a free agent
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]two scenarios :

1) has already signed for another Club subject to work permit issues and that is awaiting rubber-stamping

or

2) could he buy out his contract thus becoming a free agent

Or he hasn't gone anywhere, is getting fit and will play for us in a couple of weeks
  • Options
    Read all about it on the Official Site now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited September 2008
    Addicks chief executive Steve Waggott is looking forward to Zheng Zhi playing a key role in Charlton's bid to return to the Premier League this season.

The potential departure of the China captain from The Valley received many column inches over the summer, with manager Alan Pardew admitting West Bromwich Albion had bid for the midfielder and the two clubs had entered discussions.

But no deal was completed before the end of the transfer deadline at midnight on Monday, and Waggott is now keen to refocus on football.

"There has been plenty of talk this summer about the club's finances, but I think what this instance shows is that we were only prepared to let players leave if it was the right deal for the club, and the player in question,” said Steve.

"The deal for ZiZi wasn't right, and we're delighted he's still a Charlton player, particularly because he loves the club so much."

Zheng returned to Sparrows Lane towards the end of August following his appearance in the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, and has resumed training.

And, Waggott argues, China's lack of international commitments means the player will be able to concentrate on his club football in the coming months.

Zheng spent the summer representing his country in World Cup qualifying matches only for China to be knocked out of the race to reach South Africa in 2010.

At the start of August he was also one of the three over-age players to play for China in the Olympics, but again they failed to make it past the group stage, and Zheng's country currently has no scheduled matches before December.

Last season, the midfielder twice jetted halfway across the world to play in a midweek World Cup qualifier in between two important Championship fixtures for Charlton.

"Having ZiZi in the squad is a huge boost for us," added Steve. "Especially due to China's lack of commitments with no World Cup qualifiers or Olympics on the horizon.

"He's a fantastic player, and we look forward to a big contribution from him as we try to retain our status in the top flight."

The versatile Zheng finished as the club's second top scorer last season with nine goals, and has netted 10 times in his 57 appearances since he was signed by Pardew from Shandong Luneng for an initial £1.25m in August 2007 following a spell on loan earlier that year.

It remains to be seen whether Pardew will consider him ready for selection for Charlton's next match, against Wolverhampton Wanderers on September 13th, following his summer exertions.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=32802
  • Options
    "He's a fantastic player, and we look forward to a big contribution from him as we try to retain our status in the top flight."

Is Waggy working to hard ???

Nice bloke and all that, but someone give him a nudge and point out the small fact we are no longer in the top flight !!
  • Options
    I think a typo should say regain rather than retain.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    ...now he is staying at the valley I suppose we have to resurrect the chinese flag idea

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=14383
  • Options
    retain our status in the top flight of The Football League ?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]...now he is staying at the valley I suppose we have to resurrect the chinese flag idea

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=14383

And Rothko said on that thread:

"If he's here next season i'll do it"

I'm sure he is not a man to go back on his word.
  • Options
    All we need now is for someone to ask him for an autograph while surreptitiously putting a contract extension in front of him so he signs on for another few years.
  • Options
    Get me a design that a majority like, and I'll start the process of getting it done, can't say fairer then that
  • Options
    I am well pleased he is staying i know some may not agree but i cant wait for the man to be wearing our shirt again,

I dont think we saw the best of him last season now we possibly will due to his commitments only being with us,

and if he does want a move and be paid what he or his advisors feel is worthy then he will have to perform his socks off for us which will benfit our campaign.
  • Options
    Now corrected on the OS: "He's a fantastic player, and we look forward to a big contribution from him as we try to regain our status in the top flight."

Perhaps now with that distraction resolved, we might more usefully consider why Chief Executive Waggott's announcement means that the club has failed its supporters. I will suggest one rationale: by retaining Zhi, the club has given too many options to the gaffer, allowing him, cruelly, to tinker with the side and thereby ensure failure, thus proving that the team has no ambition and intends only to be a solidly mid-table Championship team.