Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• American women who talk with that achy voice. Sounds like they are being lightly throttled while they speak. Can't listen to 'em!
    It's known as the vocal fry. 

Youtube it. 
  • When your mobile phone network provider denies there's a massive signal deadspot where you live "our analysis says that 2G, 3G and 4G coverage is good indoors and out at that postcode"  Fact is I can't make/receive calls and txts only get through if I cross the street.  "Call our toll free short number to report the issue"  I can't make calls "Your phone is faulty"
    It works fine 200 yards from here "Update the iOS" It's on the latest version updated yesterday "Call our toll free short number to report the issue" I'm emailing you cos I can't make calls THERE'S NO SIGNAL NO 2G NO NOTHING "our analysis says that coverage is good indoors and out at that postcode" I'll have my PAC code please as you can't provide what I've paid for  "Let me see what I can do.... Can you switch on WiFi calling that should fill in any gaps wile we look into your signal concerns" no thanks
  • If its one of the 5G protesters who swung a scaffold pole at one of my mates I dont blame them. 

I'd like to sit them in a room and explain how micro radio wave frequencies work but I very much doubt they would listen or understand it. Its a chance to gang up on and bully people trying to earn a living for rentamob who will be throwing bricks at police horses the next week for their cause 
  • Carter said:
    If its one of the 5G protesters who swung a scaffold pole at one of my mates I dont blame them. 

I'd like to sit them in a room and explain how micro radio wave frequencies work but I very much doubt they would listen or understand it. Its a chance to gang up on and bully people trying to earn a living for rentamob who will be throwing bricks at police horses the next week for their cause 
    Still doesn’t justify that. 
  • iainment said:
    Carter said:
    If its one of the 5G protesters who swung a scaffold pole at one of my mates I dont blame them. 

Swinging a scaff pole at someone doesn't justify being held down?
  • Looks like kneeling on head rather than neck 
  • iainment said:
    Carter said:

I was referring to the actual incident in the photograph. Being held down might be justified but using your knee like that to do it isn’t.
  • edited November 2020
    Is there film of this? If there is only a still picture then of course it could be a millisecond snapshot and not actually something that happened. 
  • iainment said:
    iainment said:
    Carter said:

I was referring to the actual incident in the photograph. Being held down might be justified but using your knee like that to do it isn’t.
    Why's that then?
  • edited November 2020
    Is there film of this? If there is only a still picture then of course it could be a millisecond snapshot and not actually something that happened. 
    There is a video of the incident but not pre incident so we only get one side of the story. A protester was arrested for assault and also carrying a weapon so maybe it was matey boy complaining about having the workers knee on his neck.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't know how anynone can critisize anything in that photo without knowing the full story. Pretty sure though that the person doing the holding won't have been trained in restraining anyone and was just going about his business when some entitled pricks turn up swinging scaffold poles.
  • I don't know how anynone can critisize anything in that photo without knowing the full story. Pretty sure though that the person doing the holding won't have been trained in restraining anyone and was just going about his business when some entitled pricks turn up swinging scaffold poles.
    Exactly, context it everything. Really cheap bit of click baiting that at best. Truly there are too many people in this world at this moment in time with no fear or concept of consequence for their actions
  • iainment said:
    iainment said:
    Carter said:

Truly spoken by someone who’s never had a scaffolding pole swung at their swede.
  • If I knelt on one of my cherubs like that I know for a fact that I’d be suspended before they’d even reviewed the CCTV. We’re a bit classier in the way we do things.
  • If I knelt on one of my cherubs like that I know for a fact that I’d be suspended before they’d even reviewed the CCTV. We’re a bit classier in the way we do things.
    I've seen McVicar and Midnight Express...
    I've seen McVicar and Midnight Express...

Not guilty mate, I never worked in HMP Istanbul in the 70s.
  • edited November 2020
    iainment said:
    iainment said:
    Carter said:

Truly spoken by someone who’s never had a scaffolding pole swung at their swede.
    But someone who’s had training in restraint techniques.

• iainment said:
    iainment said:
    iainment said:
    Carter said:

But someone who’s had trading in restraint techniques.

Will give you 3 arm bars for a headlock?
  • iainment said:
    iainment said:
    iainment said:
    Carter said:

Just don’t go anywhere near my mandibular.
  • iainment said:
    iainment said:
    iainment said:
    Carter said:

I'd probably be the one with the scaff pole in all honesty mate, just not for the same cause
  • Sponsored links:

• iainment said:
    iainment said:
    iainment said:
    Carter said:

I'd probably be the one with the scaff pole in all honesty mate, just not for the same cause

If someone comes at me when I’m on my own I’ll be swinging whatever comes to hand mate. 
  • Alarmed to see my soup emerge from the microwave with bubbles emerging from a filmy covering - not to mention an iodine like smell.  I phoned Asda to report the incident.  I was told that the tin was probably damaged (although not visibly). 

Thankfully it wasn't a case of a mass botulism outbreak. ... I was bought off with a £5 voucher :neutral:

• Went for a walk around The Glade in Sidcup yesterday and noticed that on old oak tree in the Hurtsmere School fields had been cut down. I’d always been led to believe that it was mentioned in the domesday book as a boundary marker and that a lot of money had been spent on ensuring it survived after suffering damage in the early 80’s.

It may have just died and needed removing but was gutting to just see a freshly cut stump.

• I've received a letter from 'NHS England and NHS Improvement' reminding me that I need (at my age) to book an appointment to get a flu jab. A second letter in the envelope informs me that the cost of sending printed posts like this runs into 100's of millions of pounds.  They have included a QR code which will direct me to a site where my preferred contact details can be updated.

The thing is I have already had a flu jab.  I have a GP who administered the jab and has all my details, including phone number and email address.  Surely NHS England could co-ordinate - at least initially - through the GP network and save the much needed funds to which they allude?

To add insult to injury the QR code took me to a site that was down anyway.  I will try again later of course.

I'd complain if I could or if I thought it would make a difference, but where on earth would you even start?  

• They seem to be encouraging vulnerable people to have the flu jab, but when you try and get one, they have run out of vaccine.   
  • Ozzy Man Reviews. About as funny as a broken leg
  • Losing badly to a club at the bottom of the league
  • They should have Diwali on bonfire night then. 
    Bloody brilliant 👏