Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Macronate said:
    Macronate said:
    Macronate said:
    When you take in a parcel for a neighbour (don’t know them at all) and they don’t come and get it. Almost as if they expect you to complete the delivery for them. They  can do one, the parcel stays here until they can be bothered to get off their lazy arses to get it.
    Day 4 - parcel’s still here.

Further parcel updates will follow.
    Do they know you have it?
    Yes, I asked the delivery man whether he was going to post a card through their letterbox but he said they don’t do it like that and the neighbour would receive a notification instead, telling them where the parcel had been delivered to.
    It's possible that they didn't get/read it.
    Although, I have to say that when I take in parcels, the neighbours don't come round quickly.
    If my parcel goes elsewhere I go round asap.
  • Options
    Soap on a rope. Remember them. Never anywhere to hang them in the shower.
  • Options

There is if youre a gentleman
  • Options
    Always used to get one at Christmas, usually Brut
  • Options
    Clothes horses... Have a proper fear of trying to close them!!

A fear reiterated a few minutes ago when I just had my fingers uttery squashed
  • Options
    The lack of masks with the close proximity here for Trumps party: 

• Options

People die in clothes horses, google it if you dare.  Be afraid, be very afraid  ...  (Hope this helps to ease the pain of your crushed finger)  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

People die in clothes horses, google it if you dare.  Be afraid, be very afraid  ...  (Hope this helps to ease the pain of your crushed finger)  :)
    What a horrible way for that poor bloke to go, am sure if that happened to me my wife would still complain I hadnt finished the laundry
  • Options
    How anxious I get before and during a Charlton game and pissed off and angry if they lose. Of course if we win it’s the total opposite.

I mean, after all it’s not the end of the 🌎 and they’re are other things that are more important aren’t there or are there?

It often feels like life and death to me but as Shankly said, it’s much bigger than that or words to that effect.
  • Options
    Carter said:
    How anxious I get before and during a Charlton game and pissed off and angry if they lose. Of course if we win it’s the total opposite.

I mean, after all it’s not the end of the 🌎 and they’re are other things that are more important aren’t there or are there?

It often feels like life and death to me but as Shankly said, it’s much bigger than that or words to that effect.
    Nobody gets this more than football fans 

I don't think its irrational at all, I have the be rational the rest of the time so over 90 minutes I am free and can get irate about a centre forwards inability to watch the defensive line to make sure he isn't offside. Or bemoan his inability to hit a cows arse with a banjo 

And then go batshit mental excited when said centre forward scores the winner (Akpo Sodje, I'm looking at you!) Against scummy Leeds 

It condenses your world into a football pitch and 22 men for 2 hours and only football people, I mean those who are predominantly miserable like us, can get it. Those who watch manyoo from a pub, living room whereever that isn't where the game is taking place and have never been to the ground cannot get this, its why fans are long-suffering like us 

We do it and occasionally, maybe every 10 years get rewarded and were spoilt for a while so now we pay our penance and wait for the next time we are all at Wembley for a 95th minute winner 
    It was the 94th
  • Options
    Carter said:

Nobody gets this more than football fans 

I don't think its irrational at all, I have the be rational the rest of the time so over 90 minutes I am free and can get irate about a centre forwards inability to watch the defensive line to make sure he isn't offside. Or bemoan his inability to hit a cows arse with a banjo 

And then go batshit mental excited when said centre forward scores the winner (Akpo Sodje, I'm looking at you!) Against scummy Leeds 

It condenses your world into a football pitch and 22 men for 2 hours and only football people, I mean those who are predominantly miserable like us, can get it. Those who watch manyoo from a pub, living room whereever that isn't where the game is taking place and have never been to the ground cannot get this, its why fans are long-suffering like us 

We do it and occasionally, maybe every 10 years get rewarded and were spoilt for a while so now we pay our penance and wait for the next time we are all at Wembley for a 95th minute winner 
    When @Carter gets more likes responding to my original post😾😹
  • Options
    Is there a new 'style' of interviewing on the radio/sports etc where the interviewer doesnt just ask a question but goes onto a second statement that answers the question? Not just asking the bleedin obvious but ending the question with the answer.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Is there a new 'style' of interviewing on the radio/sports etc where the interviewer doesnt just ask a question but goes onto a second statement that answers the question? Not just asking the bleedin obvious but ending the question with the answer.

You mean, in a very similar way to your own post? It cetainly seems like it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Doubling down"

What bullshit phrase is this?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    IdleHans said:
    "Doubling down"

What bullshit phrase is this?
    It’s a gambling phrase. Used when a gambler doubles their bet when the risk/reward increases.

More generally, you’ve given your backing to something which involves risk/reward, then the circumstances have changed, making the risk/reward greater and you’ve decided to continue to back it, despite the increased risk.

Often used when someone supports an idea/policy/viewpoint etc then, after it starts to look flimsy, they continue to show support in the hope that it’ll come good eventually.

I quite like it as a metaphor, but it is a bit overused.
  • Options
    Clear all your cookies mate
  • Options
    Could be worse!
  • Options
    Bad move, might take ages to rediscover some of your more interesting finds (according to a friend)
  • Options
    Bad move, might take ages to rediscover some of your more interesting finds (according to a friend)
    cookies aren't saved in incognito mode