Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    iainment said:
    Macronate said:
    When you take in a parcel for a neighbour (don’t know them at all) and they don’t come and get it. Almost as if they expect you to complete the delivery for them. They  can do one, the parcel stays here until they can be bothered to get off their lazy arses to get it.
    That’s why I generally refuse to take parcels for others anymore.
    It’s know great effort to take a parcel in or even pop round to the neighbours. My neighbours regularly do this for me and I for them, I always thought this is how things work.

I rarely have parcels delivered and can’t remember when anyone had to accept my delivery.
    This week I’ve been asked 8 times to take a parcel.
    Why should I?
  • Options
    My neighbours took a parcel for me, then delivered it themselves, into my goddam wheelie bin. Only found out about that when I got the card and knocked on their door to collect it. Longest frozen silence I think I've encountered
  • Options
    Carter said:
    iainment said:
    Macronate said:
    When you take in a parcel for a neighbour (don’t know them at all) and they don’t come and get it. Almost as if they expect you to complete the delivery for them. They  can do one, the parcel stays here until they can be bothered to get off their lazy arses to get it.
    It’s know great effort to take a parcel in or even pop round to the neighbours. My neighbours regularly do this for me and I for them, I always thought this is how things work.

You have made the cardinal mistake of seeing things too literal on this particular thread 

Made me chuckle about a year ago, bloke knocks on my door and in heavily accented English asked of I could take a parcel for next door. And of course I would we do that for one another. He had a fairly small brown amazon sleeve in his hand and handed it to me to put on the side. A minute or so later he was back with a fucking massive cylindrical object he was struggling to lift and gave that over to me 

It was an immersion tank, weighed a ton as well! Blocked out all the natural light to the hallway, wouldn't have minded but my neighbours were off skiing in Bulgaria at the time!
    I don’t think I have taken it too literally judging by the reply. iainment said:
    iainment said:
    Macronate said:

I rarely have parcels delivered and can’t remember when anyone had to accept my delivery.
    Why should I?
    You don’t have to, it’s your choice. I just feel it’s not a big deal, you clearly do. 
  • Options
    This. This annoys me intensely. I know it's all recyclable but, seriously, was there not a smaller box in the entire warehouse!

• Options
    Carter said:
    iainment said:
    Macronate said:

You have made the cardinal mistake of seeing things too literal on this particular thread 

Made me chuckle about a year ago, bloke knocks on my door and in heavily accented English asked of I could take a parcel for next door. And of course I would we do that for one another. He had a fairly small brown amazon sleeve in his hand and handed it to me to put on the side. A minute or so later he was back with a fucking massive cylindrical object he was struggling to lift and gave that over to me 

It was an immersion tank, weighed a ton as well! Blocked out all the natural light to the hallway, wouldn't have minded but my neighbours were off skiing in Bulgaria at the time!
    I don’t think I have taken it too literally judging by the reply. iainment said:
    iainment said:
    Macronate said:

Why should I?
    You don’t have to, it’s your choice. I just feel it’s not a big deal, you clearly do. 
    It’s not a big deal. I just, mostly, refuse to take parcels for other people.
  • Options
    If it's no big deal then why are you on a thread about things that annoy you/
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    The annoyingly loud, super sensitive alarm on a BMW that keeps being parked outside my flat. If I have to listen to it for much longer, I'll be out there smashing the windows to give it a reason for going off other than someone walking past it. 
    It likely won't work when it's supposed to.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    If it's no big deal then why are you on a thread about things that annoy you/
    It’s annoying but not that annoying. 😀
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People who don’t mute microphones on group calls. I don’t need to hear your partner doing diy or hoovering. More annoying is it’s the same people every time who have to be asked to mute if they’re not talking. 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Macronate said:

I know, it's no effort at all.

In defense of the non-appearing neighbour - chances are the bone idle illiterate sponging courier/postman that delivered the parcel didn't leave them a card to inform where their goods were to be found - happens once a week here with us and our next doors.
    Our postie's a perfectly decent bloke but functionally illiterate and scared of his own shadow.  He's the most reliable delivery operative that operates hereabouts, all the hermes/amazon/dpd/yodel trogs drop boxes on your front step and leave em to chance
  • Options
    Bending the knee.

I record and watch Match of the day 2 on a Sunday night, suits me fine with 90 minutes of hi-lights and I can fast forward the manager & pundit waffle/bollocks they all speak.

However why do the BBC insist on showing every team bending the knee in every match before kick off? It's a football hi-lights show. 

Why cant Gary Linaker say at the beginning of the programme something along the lines of "we are pleased to report all teams respected the bending of the knee this week"

• Options
    Bending the knee.

I record and watch Match of the day 2 on a Sunday night, suits me fine with 90 minutes of hi-lights and I can fast forward the manager & pundit waffle/bollocks they all speak.

However why do the BBC insist on showing every team bending the knee in every match before kick off? It's a football hi-lights show. 

Why cant Gary Linaker say at the beginning of the programme something along the lines of "we are pleased to report all teams respected the bending of the knee this week"

I do wonder when this will stop. A powerful symbol of solidarity at the outset but which quickly became procedural. I have no doubt many taking the knee believe their are better ways of demonstrating their support, or believe they have clearly done so, but who will be first to say "no more - we will be judged on our actions, not our virtue signalling".  
  • Options
    Bending the knee.

I do wonder when this will stop. A powerful symbol of solidarity at the outset but which quickly became procedural. I have no doubt many taking the knee believe their are better ways of demonstrating their support, or believe they have clearly done so, but who will be first to say "no more - we will be judged on our actions, not our virtue signalling".  
    A lot of teams have already stopped doing it. QPR took a lot of stick in the media for not doing it in their game against Coventry, which begs the question is it or has it ever been the players choice whether they want to do it or not. 
  • Options
    Bending the knee.

It’s ‘taking’ a knee, not ‘bending’. And it’s shown so much to draw attention to it and what it represents. If Lineker only mentioned that it had been observed then it wouldn’t be nearly as powerful. We can argue all day long about whether it’s effective or not but for those who do believe it’s effective, it’s important that spotlight remains on the ritual and pressure is kept on the movement. It may annoy you but it’s got you talking about it. 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Bending the knee.

A lot of teams have already stopped doing it. QPR took a lot of stick in the media for not doing it in their game against Coventry, which begs the question is it or has it ever been the players choice whether they want to do it or not. 
    Most, if not all teams have stopped in the EFL, it only appears to be Prem teams doing it now. 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Bending the knee.

It’s ‘taking’ a knee, not ‘bending’. And it’s shown so much to draw attention to it and what it represents. If Lineker only mentioned that it had been observed then it wouldn’t be nearly as powerful. We can argue all day long about whether it’s effective or not but for those who do believe it’s effective, it’s important that spotlight remains on the ritual and pressure is kept on the movement. It may annoy you but it’s got you talking about it. 
    Thanks for the correction, however it has only got me talking about in a negative way. I am sick to death of watching it 8, 9, 10 times on a football hi-lights show. The EFL do not appear to be doing it and if they are Quest do not show it happening on their show.....thank god.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Bending the knee.

Thanks for the correction, however it has only got me talking about in a negative way. I am sick to death of watching it 8, 9, 10 times on a football hi-lights show. The EFL do not appear to be doing it and if they are Quest do not show it happening on their show.....thank god.
    Fair enough. I guess some would say it’s still sparking conversation though, negative or positive.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Macronate said:

I know, it's no effort at all.

In defense of the non-appearing neighbour - chances are the bone idle illiterate sponging courier/postman that delivered the parcel didn't leave them a card to inform where their goods were to be found - happens once a week here with us and our next doors.
    Our postie's a perfectly decent bloke but functionally illiterate and scared of his own shadow.  He's the most reliable delivery operative that operates hereabouts, all the hermes/amazon/dpd/yodel trogs drop boxes on your front step and leave em to chance
    I know there’s a huge element of truth what you have written but these deliver people are doing a low paid, dead end, thankless job. But at least they are getting up in the morning doing something rather nothing, although it seems sometimes doing nothing would be more helpful. They get things right more often than not.  I haven’t got in me to knock them for occasional incompetent deliveries when there is Dido Harding nd other cronies not delivering in well paid important jobs. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macronate said:
    Macronate said:
    Day 4 - parcel’s still here.

Further parcel updates will follow.
    Do they know you have it?
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Macronate said:

Have you set a deadline for ripping it open and denying all knowledge?
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Macronate said:

Yes, I asked the delivery man whether he was going to post a card through their letterbox but he said they don’t do it like that and the neighbour would receive a notification instead, telling them where the parcel had been delivered to.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Macronate said:
    Macronate said:

Have you set a deadline for ripping it open and denying all knowledge?
    Not yet, what is the recommended timeframe?
  • Options
    Thinking of starting a separate ‘Parcelgate’ thread so as not to clog this one up.
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Macronate said:
    Macronate said:

Yes, I asked the delivery man whether he was going to post a card through their letterbox but he said they don’t do it like that and the neighbour would receive a notification instead, telling them where the parcel had been delivered to.
    If it’s in plain brown wrapping with no indication of where it’s from, I’ll have it.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    T_C_E said:
    This it @DaveMehmet ? 😉

Careful opening that with any sharp objects! 😉
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    This it @DaveMehmet ? 😉

Careful opening that with any sharp objects! 😉
    What about a little prick?