Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Modern hoovers. Had 2 Dysons, both pretty hopeless and a Gtech, which is fucking useless, with the handheld that came with it even worse.
    Stig said:
    Modern hoovers. Had 2 Dysons, both pretty hopeless and a Gtech, which is fucking useless, with the handheld that came with it even worse.
    Get a Shark.
    I agree with the Dyson, not happy with it and bought a Shark and very happy with that
  • Options
    I am in the market for a new vacuum cleaner. Won't buy a Dyson, I liked the look of the Shark, but can't get them in Portugal. That annoys me. Might look at getting one shipped, depending on cost...    
  • Options
    Buy a Henry. Only vacuum you need. 
  • Options
    Buy a Henry. Only vacuum you need. 
    Alright if vacuuming a warehouse but be prepared to have to untangle it from every chair, door frame , piece of furniture in your house as it suddenly gets stuck behind you. 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    It annoys me that men even know about vacuum cleaners, let alone discuss their pros and cons. Like tampons, they should only be used by wimmin.
    Jamrags, draculas teabags, call them what you will but very helpful in quelling the bloodshed after a rectal cyst bursts 
    That's put me off my packet of starburst now.
  • Options
    Shark 100%
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Shark 100%
    Need new hoover, current one way too heavy these days (Henry). 

What’s best model of Shark to get for medium sized house?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Shark 100%

We use the lift away with anti tangle thingy for dog hair. 

• Options
    Another Shark vote.
    Had mine 4 years and never had a problem. 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    It annoys me that men even know about vacuum cleaners, let alone discuss their pros and cons. Like tampons, they should only be used by wimmin.
    Jamrags, draculas teabags, call them what you will but very helpful in quelling the bloodshed after a rectal cyst bursts 
    Well that's a Sunday teatime sentiment to rival Songs of Praise
  • Options
    I bought a robot jobby. Dog used to go nuts when the hoover came out. I now set it off with my phone when we’re out walking him. 

I’m well pleased with it. 
  • Options
    Carter said:

A false fingernail will do that

• Options

How times change ... thankfully 
  • Options
    Junk Mail FFS

Anyone getting endless of the following,

Civil Patriot
    Right Wing Brief
    Patriots in America
    GoGroupie
    Mighty Deals
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    They don’t annoy so much as make me angry, dumping a dog is one thing but starving it before hand. I’ve been in touch and German shepherd welfare have offered to help this poor girl.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    They don’t annoy so much as make me angry, dumping a dog is one thing but starving it before hand. I’ve been in touch and German shepherd welfare have offered to help this poor girl.

Some people want stringing up. I'd gladly do that to them myself.

On another dog related issue, there seem to be a lot of dog thefts locally. Suspicious looking blokes following dog walkers, groups dotted about popular dog walking spots and taking an unhealthy interest. Some of them carry leads but have no dog.
    Lot of warnings on local facebook groups but nobody ever seems to get a photo or a number plate.

Not sure plod are that interested, seems to me a candidate for a bit of local vigilantism.

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    stonemuse said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Shark 100%

We use the lift away with anti tangle thingy for dog hair. 
    Wired lift away vote here too. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I bought a robot jobby. Dog used to go nuts when the hoover came out. I now set it off with my phone when we’re out walking him. 

We have one of those to deal with daily duties and then the Shark comes out a couple of times a week to do a more intensive clean. Our dogs coat BLOWS BIG TIME. Especially in Spring, Summer Autumn and Winter, despite being told the breed sheds twice a year... for a couple of weeks at a time (More like 5 months each time!)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

We have one of those to deal with daily duties and then the Shark comes out a couple of times a week to do a more intensive clean. Our dogs coat BLOWS BIG TIME. Especially in Spring, Summer Autumn and Winter, despite being told the breed sheds twice a year... for a couple of weeks at a time (More like 5 months each time!)
    I just got fed up of the dog launching himself at the hoover. I'm sure @T_C_E would have a solution for this.......but my patience ran out.

The entire ground floor of our gaff is tiled - but sometimes resembled a shag pile carpet as the hoover was coming out so infrequently. 
  • Options
    If I had a penny for every time someone said it was gonna be their last post
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I just got fed up of the dog launching himself at the hoover. I'm sure @T_C_E would have a solution for this.......but my patience ran out.

The entire ground floor of our gaff is tiled - but sometimes resembled a shag pile carpet as the hoover was coming out so infrequently. 
    Heres a video I put together on twitter for someone, normal the start up of the vacuum makes them jump then they continue barking. Let them see you get the vacuum out and simultaneously offer a high value treat but the treat is only given if quiet on start up. if not close hand don't move hand away they will then associate the vacuum with getting a treat rather making them jump.
    &nbsp
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Get yourself a dog blaster, nicer on their coats and really shifts the dead undercoat. (assuming your dog has two coats) Then in the winter it doubles its usefulness as you can dry them off in 10 minutes rather than have wet dogs laying around.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    T_C_E said:

Some people want stringing up. I'd gladly do that to them myself.

On another dog related issue, there seem to be a lot of dog thefts locally. Suspicious looking blokes following dog walkers, groups dotted about popular dog walking spots and taking an unhealthy interest. Some of them carry leads but have no dog.
    Lot of warnings on local facebook groups but nobody ever seems to get a photo or a number plate.

Not sure plod are that interested, seems to me a candidate for a bit of local vigilantism.

You can't get through to this lot down here, they seem to think it only happens in London. 75% of dog owners here seem to think exercise consists of walk to the shops and then home again. One woman told me when asked her about dog thefts from outside shops "Its ok, my dog is chipped" ........when I questioned if she'd leave her handbag outside with her name and address in it she walked off with the hump! You really can't help stupid.....
  • Options
    I'm not even London, much closer to Henley/Reading. Dog was pinched from a garden here a few weeks ago, lovely black German shepherd. Was found wandering about in Uxbridge, about 20 miles away, ten days after going missing so a rare happy ending that time.
    I'd very much like to track these thieving bastards down though.