Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Use DuckDuckGo instead of Google. Stops the trackers.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    When I was young the Highway Code said words to the effect of: where there is no pavement walk in the road FACING the oncoming traffic.

Can somebody tell me when that changed? I can only assume I am behind the times given the number of people walking towards me on my side of the road earlier today, ie with their BACKS to oncoming traffic, meaning that, to maintain 'social distancing,' I had to move to the 'wrong' side of the road myself on a number of occasions as these people were completely oblivious!
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    It hasn't.

As of last year it was still very much the highway code to travel into traffic when a pedestrian without a foot path. Haven't checked in 2020.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    It hasn't.

As of last year it was still very much the highway code to travel into traffic when a pedestrian without a foot path. Haven't checked in 2020.
    Thank you. I was 99.99% sure I was correct but as there were so many others doing the wrong thing I began to doubt myself.

I am justified in feeling irritated by it then although I cannot say I let it spoil my walk.
  • Options
    Use DuckDuckGo instead of Google. Stops the trackers.

100% this
  • Options
    The wife moaning its cold.
    We dont need the heating on its 10c.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    I had to take the door off the staff room at my wifes business last week to make some adjustments, four girls were sitting in there moaning it was "so cold", one was shivering and was wrapped in a coat. It was sunny, 16c and I was in a short sleeve shirt.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    This. Recently moved in with the GFs parents her mother has the thermostat set at 23.5°. Absolute madness. Shes always moaning shes cold and shutting the windows in our bedroom or where I'm working! 

I'm sat here in shorts in November. Of course I'm gonna have the window open if its over 23° inside.
  • Options
    Some people’s genetics have a sensibility to temperature. I learnt this from a programme I saw about this over 20 years ago. Me I like it as cool as possible, windows open etc.
    Those who are always cold aren’t faking it. There’s no point being angry at them. It’s like marmite, they can’t help feeling cold when some people are feeling hot.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Some people’s genetics have a sensibility to temperature. I learnt this from a programme I saw about this over 20 years ago. Me I like it as cool as possible, windows open etc.
    Those who are always cold aren’t faking it. There’s no point being angry at them. It’s like marmite, they can’t help feeling cold when some people are feeling hot, hot, hot.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:
    I dumped a girl for opening the window and having the heating on during the night. 

I told her it was because I had another girlfriend, which I didn't, and I took loads of grief for it at the time as she was fairly popular and she told everyone in the social circle we were in that I was a shithouse who strung 2 girls along at the same time.

I still haven't told anyone other than you lot the truth either 
    Sounds like a right pane.
  • Options
    Carter said:
    I dumped a girl for opening the window and having the heating on during the night. 

I told her it was because I had another girlfriend, which I didn't, and I took loads of grief for it at the time as she was fairly popular and she told everyone in the social circle we were in that I was a shithouse who strung 2 girls along at the same time.

was it her?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4410920/woman-tinder-date-poo-window-breaks-silence/
  • Options
    Carter said:

Why didn't you just say you didn't want to see her again?
  • Options
    LED lightbulbs. 

The light is just not the same 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    LED lightbulbs. 

The light is just not the same 
    100%, they are dark and dingy. When my old mum passed away last year I found a box under the stairs containing 12 x 100w light bulbs, bless you mum.
  • Options
    Bloody fireworks still going off over a week after bonfire night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:

Why didn't you just say you didn't want to see her again?
    I done that mate. Finally had enough, so when I got home from work I told Mrs at the time that I couldn't see her anymore.

She said - "I'm over here, behind the sofa"
  • Options
    I was always taught Diwali was the festival of light, so f*** knows why they gotta set fireworks off the celebrate it. 
  • Options
    When a football analogy is used to describe something, with the aim of the speaker of making the explanation easier for the audience to understand - the annoyance coming from the belief of the speaker that the penny will only drop for the audience with the assistance of this helpful football analogy - ie the audience is being talked down to - and I cant think of a time where the use of the football analogy has been of any assistance at all in understanding something.
    A recent example was the recent announcement of a possible Covid vaccine where the speaker used the football analogy of "we are coming to the end of extra time and approaching a penalty shoot out  "   ( in our fight against Covid) .    In this example it doesnt even work, because no one knows how much stoppage time the ref is going to add on  !

• Options
    When a football analogy is used to describe something, with the aim of the speaker of making the explanation easier for the audience to understand - the annoyance coming from the belief of the speaker that the penny will only drop for the audience with the assistance of this helpful football analogy - ie the audience is being talked down to - and I cant think of a time where the use of the football analogy has been of any assistance at all in understanding something.
    A recent example was the recent announcement of a possible Covid vaccine where the speaker used the football analogy of "we are coming to the end of extra time and approaching a penalty shoot out  "   ( in our fight against Covid) .    In this example it doesnt even work, because no one knows how much stoppage time the ref is going to add on  !

Yeah drives me mad when an analogynis poorly used especially in the example you have given 

There are some good football, boxing and cricket analogous stories to be had an used mind you
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Those who are always cold aren’t faking it. There’s no point being angry at them. It’s like marmite, they can’t help feeling cold when some people are feeling hot.
    The opposite in the summer is air con in the office. It’s a beautiful day so you turn up in a short sleeve shirt and jeans only to have some fat bastard turn the air con up to the ‘arctic’ setting......so you sit there freezing.....It’s always the chubbers who do this....!
  • Options

The virus will disappear if England win the penalty shoot out....keep those masks handy.
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    iainment said:
    The opposite in the summer is air con in the office. It’s a beautiful day so you turn up in a short sleeve shirt and jeans only to have some fat bastard turn the air con up to the ‘arctic’ setting......so you sit there freezing.....It’s always the chubbers who do this....!
    I blame it on my viking ancestory as oposed to my relaxed muscle, but then I've got a blokes job and work outside or in a workshop so no such luxury as air con..

;)
  • Options
    American women who talk with that achy voice. Sounds like they are being lightly throttled while they speak. Can't listen to 'em!