Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Sky sports obsession with Watford. Their games are dull as dishwater.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Parcel Deliveries etc.

My parcel is always with me later in the afternoon and if I get a notification saying: Your parcel will be with you between 1-4pm, you know its going to be just before 4pm rather than close to 1pm, though you also know if you go out at 1pm, thats the one time your item will show up!!

Seriously, dont think I've ever had something show between 8am - 10am

It feels a golden time for deliveries and will end up ticking something off my bucket list when it eventually happens, if ever!!
  • Options
    I understand the need, but some of the latest child safety locks in general. Takes me longer to open a pack of them washing machine pods than it takes to wash the clothes.

Also. The new wrappers on Cadbury large chocolate bars. Went to see my mum a few weeks back and, as I always do, bought her favourite Cadburys fruit n nut. She's in her sixties now and I watched her struggling to open it for ages. It was hilarious though and I was filming it to show my brother.

Its amazing that with everything going on in the world at the moment that little things can still wind me up. I need to have a word with myself.
  • Options
    I can’t open the new child proof washing tablet boxes. Cut my finger opening it recently, just tore the lid off and got rid. 

Can’t parents just ensure they store domestic stuff away from their kids!?!? 
  • Options
    I can’t open the new child proof washing tablet boxes. Cut my finger opening it recently, just tore the lid off and got rid. 

I done the same this evening, tore the lid off. Could not click the bloody thing open no matter what I tried.
    I think a few years back there were a lot of kids ending up in hospital after eating the pod things so understand why they introduced the locks. But like you say its easy to store stuff higher up instead of under the sink. Or just do what I done when I had toddlers exploring and stick a safety lock on the cupboards and drawers, they are excellent and not too costly.
  • Options

I done the same this evening, tore the lid off. Could not click the bloody thing open no matter what I tried.
    I think a few years back there were a lot of kids ending up in hospital after eating the pod things so understand why they introduced the locks. But like you say its easy to store stuff higher up instead of under the sink. Or just do what I done when I had toddlers exploring and stick a safety lock on the cupboards and drawers, they are excellent and not too costly.
    Or, don’t have kids and rip the lid off and leave them ‘on the side’. There are many options. 
  • Options

Or, don’t have kids and rip the lid off and leave them ‘on the side’. There are many options. 
    Wonder sometimes how we made it to the age we have!

I mean, they do look delicious those little squidgy balls of chemicals 
  • Options
    So they, err shouldn’t be used as love eggs ? 
  • Options

I recall Harry Rednapp's grandchild requiring medical attention after consuming some cleaning fluid. 

Harry said that 'Sarn' turned the kid upside down and gave the kitchen floor a once over before they left for the hospital.

(The kid was OK). 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The realisation that a chunk of my £157.50 a year TV Licence is spent feeding luxury food to that fat Millwall fan on the various incarnations of Master Chef
  • Options
    Receiving emails from Sky laying out my 'treats and rewards'. 

As a Diamond Sky VIP member I am it seems, being given the chance to enter into a raffle. I don't think I can contain myself for a whole seven days awaiting the next treat.

Check back next week for even more rewards just for you.

Your Sky VIP Team
  • Options

As a Diamond Sky VIP member I am it seems, being given the chance to enter into a raffle. I don't think I can contain myself for a whole seven days awaiting the next treat.

Your Sky VIP Team
    I’m in the same category as you, and get the same pathetic emails each week, just wondering if anyone has won anything, I know I haven’t but I suppose you need to enter. 
  • Options

Your Sky VIP Team
    I’m in the same category as you, and get the same pathetic emails each week, just wondering if anyone has won anything, I know I haven’t but I suppose you need to enter. 
    Me too. Although a few months back they asked me if I wanted a free remote for my Sky Q, which I already have two. I had anyway. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Without having read or watched any can I just guess that we were shit and toothless, fluked a goal and then sat back to defend with all 11 behind the ball just to prove again that we can’t do that...
  • Options
    Clinton Morrison murdering the English language. If Sky have to have a certain amount of black summarisers please choose one that can speak properly.
  • Options
    Clinton Morrison murdering the English language. If Sky have to have a certain amount of black summarisers please choose one that can speak properly.
    That’s always a problem when you from the Gaeltacht.
  • Options
    Judge Rinder. Just annoys me in general 
    People not moving vehicles out the way for emergency services.
    Putting up Xmas lights on windows.
    Setting up boardgame  Mousetrap.
    Men wearing trousers up near the ankles. Ankle swingers are not fashion.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Paying a tenner 4 times out of 5 to watch over 60's walking football played by a professional football club.!😡
    Palace aint that bad
  • Options

For my sins I watch Tipping Point regularly and I notice when ever a young person, male or female are on, most wear trousers like this, I just thought it was me being an old fart, but possibly not this time  :)
  • Options
    ross1 said:

For my sins I watch Tipping Point regularly and I notice when ever a young person, male or female are on, most wear trousers like this, I just thought it was me being an old fart, but possibly not this time  :)

Ah, so it was you staring at the arse of the girl in the red hot pants suit who won 10K this week. And I thought it was only me ;-)

• Options
    That effing Coca Cola Christmas lorry's on the telly again. Dunno why, but it absolutely infuriates me. "Holidays are coming, holidays are coming..........."

I know there's some sort of historical Christmas/Coca Cola connection, but I'm sure it's pretty tenuous. It's just American nonsense. For starters, when I sing "Holidays are coming", it's because I'm a week or so away from jetting off to somewhere hot and sunny with an abundance of exotic-looking beauties and cheap, ice cold beers, and certainly not because I'm 5 weeks away from being force fed turkey and sprouts against a backdrop of Gavin & Stacey repeats.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Less of an issue this year due to Covid, but with the festive season approaching, there's still an opportunity to witness this irritating scenario before the year is out. I'm not sure how common this is. I first witnessed it with my dad's family (my gran and my uncle, my dad is also guilty of it), and then with my ex-girlfriend as well:

When you have guests round, or when you go to visit people, and it's time for the visitor to go home. You're all sat in the lounge or at the dining table, and someone (usually the visitor) will say something to precipitate their departure - "ooh, look at the time, I'd best be getting home" is a classic example. Normally, if I am the guest, then I'll have my coat on and be out of the door within 3 minutes of the initial announcement that it's time for me to go. However, when my dad's family or my ex-girlfriend were involved, announcing that it's time to go is merely the catalyst to a boring and awkward hour long conversation stood up in the hallway next to the front door. It's ridiculous. I once spent 45 minutes stuck in a narrow hallway making small talk with my mate's dad, because his wife and my missus had mutually agreed that it was home time, stood up, my mrs put her coat on and then started an entirely new conversation about furniture. Unbelievable.
    Are they from Kent?