Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    iainment said:
    limeygent said:
    Ties. Silliest garment ever invented and worn by humans. (for men, anyway)
    if i'm wearing a suit i always wear a tie and will keep the tie on until im taking the suit off (ie wont take the tie off as soon as i leave the office/get to the pub/the church bit is done). it looks so much smarter  
    Not really. A tie on or off in itself makes no difference.
    imo it makes a huge difference 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    limeygent said:
    if i'm wearing a suit i always wear a tie and will keep the tie on until im taking the suit off (ie wont take the tie off as soon as i leave the office/get to the pub/the church bit is done). it looks so much smarter  
    Not as much these days, when people wear "Vans" with their suits!
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    iainment said:
    limeygent said:
    I think we've covered this before but people putting trainers on for their walk down queen Victoria street from the train gets up my nose. Not as much as those stupid scooters or fold up bikes but it aggravates me all the same 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Carter said:
    limeygent said:
    iainment said:
    limeygent said:
    I think we've covered this before but people putting trainers on for their walk down queen Victoria street from the train gets up my nose. Not as much as those stupid scooters or fold up bikes but it aggravates me all the same 
    My boss does this. Decent suit, pair of shite trainers until he gets to the office when he puts on decent pair of shoes. Buy yourself some even more decent shoes that you can walk in mate or otherwise come in in a tracksuit and change. 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    limeygent said:
    iainment said:
    limeygent said:
    Hate seeing city workers in trainers. Mainly women in their smart clothes. Dont have wear high heels but surely they own pair of sensible shoes with a small heel. 

• Options
    iainment said:
    limeygent said:
    I dont wear a tie when driving to a client appt or on the train up to town l......but will out one on before going into the meeting. Unprofessional if not 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    iainment said:
    limeygent said:
    Only a man with no sartorial sense would make such a comment.
  • Options
    Pedestrians who look over in my direction from the other side of the pavement as I’m going into my house. What are you looking at you nosey bastards?
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Pedestrians who look over in my direction from the other side of the pavement as I’m going into my house. What are you looking at you nosey bastards?
    Do your flies up mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redskin said:
    iainment said:
    limeygent said:
    I was accused of similar when I said you don’t have to wear bowler hats anymore 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Redskin said:
    iainment said:
    limeygent said:
    I was accused of similar when I said you don’t have to wear bowler hats anymore 
    Only because you were speaking to your workforce while wearing your top hat 🎩 
  • Options

• Options
    Redskin said:
    iainment said:
    limeygent said:
    I've seen people in suit and tie looking absolutely shit.
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    I hate the whole suit and no tie look. Either let us go casual or keep it smart - no ties just looks like we're all down the pub post work.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Sad stories behind that picture
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Redskin said:
    iainment said:
    limeygent said:
    Absolutely, but that wasn't the point you were making.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Redskin said:
    iainment said:
    limeygent said:
    Yes that's true. But I have never seen anyone in sportswear and trainers looking smart.  
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    limeygent said:
    I hate the whole suit and no tie look. Either let us go casual or keep it smart - no ties just looks like we're all down the pub post work.
    Suits and ties are really a stuffy English thing, used to wear a tie for work for ages until I thought whats the point?  Appearance counts for less these days.  Just have one for Interviews, wedding etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    limeygent said:
    Suits and ties are really a stuffy English thing, used to wear a tie for work for ages until I thought whats the point?  Appearance counts for less these days.  Just have one for Interviews, wedding etc
    I see plenty of people all over the world in suits and ties.   
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    limeygent said:
    They look like stuffy English people.
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    Croydon said:
    limeygent said:
    Except they are NOT English.
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    Croydon said:
    limeygent said:
    Except they are NOT English.
    Stuffy foreigners.
  • Options
    Get OUT of OUR club!
  • Options
    As far as I know you needn't be Paddy Hopkirk to shop in Asda, so why do so many drivers perform a dramatic rally turn to enter their car park in Bexleyheath?