Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options

How come more and more people are saying 'jail' when they surely mean 'prison'. Isn't jail an american term for a prison? When did it change? Is it monopoly's fault as I think that says jail? I may be wrong and both could be acceptable, but it really grates me.

How do you feel about gaol?
  • Options
    When you offer to support a colleague's work and end up being given their entire workload!
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    West Ham beating Macclesfield 8-0 ... Bet they feel really big for beating a lower league side by such a score line

When it comes to cup competitions I always feel as though top flight teams should ease off at about 5-0 to stop it becoming embarrassing for their opponents
  • Options
    Greenie said:

How come more and more people are saying 'jail' when they surely mean 'prison'. Isn't jail an american term for a prison? When did it change? Is it monopoly's fault as I think that says jail? I may be wrong and both could be acceptable, but it really grates me.

How do you feel about gaol?
    I think she's let herself go TBH.
    Bet she blows.
  • Options
    So I've been on temporary promotion for 3 months after my boss left. This week a new permanent boss has come in and I've returned to my previous role in the team.

She's already made it clear to me that she expects me to carry on doing everything I have been doing for the last 3 months (for 45% less pay) while she "oversees everything, leads the team and worries about the people management side of things". Because "it's great experience and exposure" for me!

I.e. you wanna do nothing all day while I do all the work and you take all the credit for it. Leave me to be doing 11 hour days all week while you knock off at 4.

ARGHGGGHG FUXJ
  • Options

So I've been on temporary promotion for 3 months after my boss left. This week a new permanent boss has come in and I've returned to my previous role in the team.

She's already made it clear to me that she expects me to carry on doing everything I have been doing for the last 3 months (for 45% less pay) while she "oversees everything, leads the team and worries about the people management side of things". Because "it's great experience and exposure" for me!

I.e. you wanna do nothing all day while I do all the work and you take all the credit for it. Leave me to be doing 11 hour days all week while you knock off at 4.

ARGHGGGHG FUXJ

And I'm pissed because I wanted to be able to take back some of my extra hours worked today to get to the oval and see the trophy presentation. But I couldn't because she expects me to do two jobs and she is fucking useless.

Crys.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

ARGHGGGHG FUXJ

And I'm pissed because I wanted to be able to take back some of my extra hours worked today to get to the oval and see the trophy presentation. But I couldn't because she expects me to do two jobs and she is fucking useless.

Crys.
    Do what your contract says.
  • Options

ARGHGGGHG FUXJ

(1) Why couldnt they give it to you on a permanent basis?
    (2) I take it they've given the position to an external Candidate, why not aim for an internal so they know the ropes straight away!!
  • Options

ARGHGGGHG FUXJ

Explain to her you’ve had the experience and exposure you need over the last 3 months and you’re not prepared to continue with the extra responsibility/hours required without being paid for it.

If you still get no joy, either go to her line manager or HR.
  • Options

ARGHGGGHG FUXJ

Explain to her you’ve had the experience and exposure you need over the last 3 months and you’re not prepared to continue with the extra responsibility/hours required without being paid for it.

Additionally, don't you have a contract and or a job description ?
  • Options

ARGHGGGHG FUXJ

Fully agreed.

Don’t let her take the piss. Some people thrive by taking advantage of others ... nip this in the bud now.
  • Options

ARGHGGGHG FUXJ

(2) I take it they've given the position to an external Candidate, why not aim for an internal so they know the ropes straight away!!
    Large organisation. Very much a case of do your time then get promoted. I've only got two year experience and was basically told you're welcome to apply for it (I did) but you were very lucky to get it even in a temporary basis. How well I did whilst in the job isn't taken into account.

I've applied for a promotion elsewhere in the organisation so hopefully I'll have a little more luck with that. And I'm due a rotation to another part of the organisation in March anyway so not stuck with this forever.
  • Options

ARGHGGGHG FUXJ

Are you working at Hillsborough? ;)
  • Options
    Will - not suggesting you go in there all guns blazing, but you can't just accept that mate.

Not right.
  • Options
    Mamma Mia the eventim produced ‘immersive experience’ is over £150 a ticket and then they apply a £25 booking fee per ticket and then £1.50 charge for allowing you the only option available which is to print tickets at home.

Madness
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Mamma Mia the eventim produced ‘immersive experience’ is over £150 a ticket and then they apply a £25 booking fee per ticket and then £1.50 charge for allowing you the only option available which is to print tickets at home.

Madness

Madness indeed - and then you see that the Harry Potter tickets start at £250.
    Insane
  • Options
    And having been strong armed into getting four tickets for September 2019 in ‘prebooking’ know full well I could sell them for twice as much closer to the time.

Seen Ed sheeran 2019 have gone ticketless and if you don’t have the bank card that paid for the tickets to tap in, you won’t get in. Wouldn’t tempt me to Ipswich though
  • Options

Will - not suggesting you go in there all guns blazing, but you can't just accept that mate.

Not right.

Feels weird being nice to you.

@cantersaddick prick...

That's better. :-)
  • Options
    No snow thursday @Addickted2TheReds, you know it makes sense
  • Options

ARGHGGGHG FUXJ

Large organisation. Very much a case of do your time then get promoted. I've only got two year experience and was basically told you're welcome to apply for it (I did) but you were very lucky to get it even in a temporary basis. How well I did whilst in the job isn't taken into account.

I've applied for a promotion elsewhere in the organisation so hopefully I'll have a little more luck with that. And I'm due a rotation to another part of the organisation in March anyway so not stuck with this forever.
    Good luck with it Canters...

Sounds frustrating as over the last three months you've proven that you could do the job so why not give it to you
  • Options

ARGHGGGHG FUXJ

Sounds frustrating as over the last three months you've proven that you could do the job so why not give it to you
    Cheers mate. One of the many frustrations I have with working in such a large organisation. Still it's one of the best grad schemes in the world and is an opportunity to actually apply my studies to work....
  • Options

ARGHGGGHG FUXJ

Cheers mate. One of the many frustrations I have with working in such a large organisation. Still it's one of the best grad schemes in the world and is an opportunity to actually apply my studies to work....
    Yeah can definitely relate to that... Have worked for small organisations as well as large and the opportunities to progress within those companies can be even rarer though so you cant really win whatever you do
  • Options

Look for positives @cantersaddick at least you’ve still got south eastern to get to work
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Look for positives @cantersaddick at least you’ve still got south eastern to get to work

Also, as you must be in your twenties you will have years and years and years and years and years and years to rectify your present situation only to realise at some point in the future someone younger will get the opportunities as they have potentially longer service left than you. But at least by that time you will know what the game is.