Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:

People posting the results of other games you want to watch on MOTD later on our own post match thread. Now have to avoid that thread as well as the actual match thread to avoid knowing the outcome in advance. Cheers.

Yeah, I know, it's ruined my life Saturday evening, blah, blah, blah, get over it, etc.

Grumpy of Bournemouth.

I thought this had stopped on the matchday thread, or are you seeing it on other forums?
    Don't know about the match threads @ross1 as I stopped following them over a season ago now. So I just follow the score elsewhere now and avoid the other results on Saturday evening. It's easy enough.

Anyway it's been creeping into other threads too, mostly our post-match thread like yesterday or even the Olympic Stadium thread when it's West Ham getting a spanking, etc.

Not the end of the world I know.
  • Options

That Roxanne bird off Celeb Big Brother. Don’t think I’ve ever been so wound up by something I’ve seen on TV.

Still would though wouldn’t you.
  • Options

ross1 said:

People posting the results of other games you want to watch on MOTD later on our own post match thread. Now have to avoid that thread as well as the actual match thread to avoid knowing the outcome in advance. Cheers.

Yeah, I know, it's ruined my life Saturday evening, blah, blah, blah, get over it, etc.

Grumpy of Bournemouth.

I thought this had stopped on the matchday thread, or are you seeing it on other forums?
    Don't know about the match threads @ross1 as I stopped following them over a season ago now. So I just follow the score elsewhere now and avoid the other results on Saturday evening. It's easy enough.

Anyway it's been creeping into other threads too, mostly our post-match thread like yesterday or even the Olympic Stadium thread when it's West Ham getting a spanking, etc.

Not the end of the world I know.
    Shame on you, all my hard work, going to waste :wink:
  • Options

there.....their
    bought....brought
    your.......you’re
    The number of folk who use these words incorrectly is astonishing!

My own inability to get these things right, even though I know the rules. The number of times I post something that I think is quite reasonable and then read it back to find these pathetic errors amazes me. I'm sure that malevolent grammar sprites come and tinker with my posts after I've made them.
  • Options
    Don’t know why this grates me so much and it only takes a few seconds for me to sort it out, but ....

Looking for holidays online and all the main players websites list the hotels in ‘recommended’ order meaning you have to go in and change to list as ‘price low to high’

Surely most people want the hotels in price order so they don’t have to look at loads of hotels you can’t afford.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Don’t know why this grates me so much and it only takes a few seconds for me to sort it out, but ....

Looking for holidays online and all the main players websites list the hotels in ‘recommended’ order meaning you have to go in and change to list as ‘price low to high’

Surely most people want the hotels in price order so they don’t have to look at loads of hotels you can’t afford.

The recommended ones are those that provide the highest margin to the operator (usually combined in the background with high customer ratings - there is no value to the brand in promoting high margin hotels that reflect badly on them). You can't really blame any commercial business for trying to get you to buy the item that is most profitable to them - personally I always switch the search to "price high to low", just so that I can see what others can't afford :wink:
  • Options
    Oh I know why they do it, and it takes literally two seconds to change it, but for some reason this really annoys me.
  • Options

Adults walking down the tunnel to bakerloo line on the right hand side at Charing Cross when it clearly says ‘keep to the left’ this isn’t the annoying thing. It’s when they say ‘beep beep’ in your face!

Occasionally I get the DLR to work and it's the same at Stratford. They're just ignorant entitled bastards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Idiots who come into work when ill. At my place they are fine about people taking sick leave and we are pretty much encouraged to work from home at the best of times. So being ill is a great reason to work from home.

So why the hell do people thibk it's fine to come into work and sit coughing and sneezing at their desk spreading germs around the whole office because of the shitty air con and making everyone else ill.

Just work from home you stupid cow.

On the same note (and it's the same culprit) the air con at work isn't brilliant so we've been offered some fans to sit near our desks. We have about 1 fan for the 20 of us in my team. So obviously it gets some people and not others. We are in a hot desking environment so can sit anywhere yet every day the same to fucking idiot's (female) come in and sit right by the fan then spend the whole day complaining they are cold. Well no you stupid bitch we aren't turning it off because the rest of us want it on. If it bothers you so much why don't you go and sit slightly further away from it you fucking idiot.
  • Options
    I can’t stand people who just rant all the time. Calm down, it’s not the end of the world lol.
  • Options
    jondon76 said:

Cyclists who think the highway code doesn't apply to them!

Got to the point for you
  • Options

Idiots who come into work when ill. At my place they are fine about people taking sick leave and we are pretty much encouraged to work from home at the best of times. So being ill is a great reason to work from home.

So why the hell do people thibk it's fine to come into work and sit coughing and sneezing at their desk spreading germs around the whole office because of the shitty air con and making everyone else ill.

On the same note (and it's the same culprit) the air con at work isn't brilliant so we've been offered some fans to sit near our desks. We have about 1 fan for the 20 of us in my team. So obviously it gets some people and not others. We are in a hot desking environment so can sit anywhere yet every day the same to fucking idiot's (female) come in and sit right by the fan then spend the whole day complaining they are cold. Well no you stupid bitch we aren't turning it off because the rest of us want it on. If it bothers you so much why don't you go and sit slightly further away from it you fucking idiot.

I'm sure you know best, but why don't you just move the fan?
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

I'm sure you know best, but why don't you just move the fan?
    Only spot around our desks it actually gets more than one person.
  • Options

How are the trains hun? Xx
    Yeah not too bad thanks. New commute is much better. I'm a changed man.
  • Options

Cold callers. Arseholes the lot of them. I've blocked their numbers and they ring me on others. Ended up losing it with one yesterday, called him and his company all the names under the sun,told him to fuck off,hung up on him and the stupid twat rang me back and asked me "what was that about mate?" . What the actual fuck you massive butt nugget.

I get bombarded at work from companies who undertake patent searches, and want you to use their product. Almost all come from India (not a problem in itself) and try to get past our reception (who are outsourced and entirety useless) with all manner of made up names and lies about previous conversations with me. A few get through, and are instantly cut of. Even one I actually know and have worked with tries that, and sends angry emails when I put the phone down because I thought it was "Billy Johnson". I understand that it's a competitive market, but surely they must realise that they are going about business development in an entirely annoying manner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    jondon76 said:

Drivers who dont have a Scooby what the highway code says about cycling
  • Options
    holyjo said:

jondon76 said:

Drivers who dont have a Scooby what the highway code says about cycling
    Scoobys who don't have a Scooby about cycling.

• Options
    ross1 said:

Cold callers. Arseholes the lot of them. I've blocked their numbers and they ring me on others. Ended up losing it with one yesterday, called him and his company all the names under the sun,told him to fuck off,hung up on him and the stupid twat rang me back and asked me "what was that about mate?" . What the actual fuck you massive butt nugget.

Just put the phone down, but not on the stand and leave them to talk to theirselves until they get fed up, they are paying for the call. A few minutes later, go back to the phone, where they will have rung off and put the phone back
    Blimey it’s bad enough having to lug a phone about in my pocket now you’re telling me I need a phone stand? Where do I get one of those from, does it fit in my pocket and do I only need it for cold callers?
  • Options

ross1 said:

Just put the phone down, but not on the stand and leave them to talk to theirselves until they get fed up, they are paying for the call. A few minutes later, go back to the phone, where they will have rung off and put the phone back
    I've got a mate who in the days of landlines being used a lot more used to keep a whistle by the phone and alternate between using that and shouting "STRANGER DANGER!" at the top of his voice at cold callers.

They soon gave up.
    Ha ha, that 'Stranger danger' really tickled me. I think I might have to nick that one myself. I'll have to explain to family and friends first though, in case the think I've finally gone off the rails.
  • Options

I get them all the time & are starting to boil my piss. The PPI sharks are long gone....its now some weird insurance sales con. I wouldn't mind if I could understand them, but their English is so poor I haven't a scooby whst they're on about. Last one was babbling on about my claim being successful & there was money waiting for me. I mean wtf ??? I have been in financial services for 30 years & know more than enough about life insurance. My best line now is to ask them if the call is being recorded as I want to make a complaint re misrepresentation (or just plain lying).....they soon hang up.....but never say goodbye or sorry to trouble you !!!
  • Options
    I love living in Medway... Its a Cold Call free zone so cant get them