Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options

Who would want to speak to someone from Medway, that's why

• Options

I love living in Medway... Its a Cold Call free zone so cant get them

Too easy, I'm going to pretend you never wrote that.

• Options
    Stig said:

Sticking Plasters

The cheap ones are cheap and nasty; the branded ones cost a king's ransom.
    Fabric ones leak; plastic ones make you sweat and then slide off.
    Pre-cut ones never have enough padding; the ones you cut yourself, well wtf? I'm bleeding everywhere so this is not the time to be playing about with scissors.
    Some come individually wrapped in impregnable plastic bags than mean you need to get the scissors out anyway. Others aren't individually wrapped, which is unhygienic; no-one wants something unhygienic placed on their gash.
    The little peel-off flaps either don't come off or are electrostatically attracted to your skin making them hard to get rid of, others helicopter down through the air always swerving the bin at the last moment.
    The blue ones look ridiculous, the 'skin coloured' ones aren't actually the colour of skin, but the colour of old ladies surgical stockings and those horrible little Fiat cars. Both disgusting articles that you don't want to be reminded of during a minor medical trauma.
    Some have less stick than a second hand post-it note and refuse to stay put, whilst others stick to themselves like limpets at an orgy and actually tear into pieces easier than come away at the appropriate moment. A third kind stick in one direction but not the other, leaving them to roll up at the sides as if you got a miniature carpet remnant stuck to your finger. These inevitably roll sticky side outwards picking up more grime in the course of half hour than a Dyson Big Ball would manage in a lifetime.
    Some run away from their owners and inexplicably end up in public places like the street. The vilest ones like to make their way to the foot bath at public swimming pools.

Never was such a potentially useful product so poorly designed and manufactured. Someone needs to come up with an alternative.

I get a bit of kitchen roll or paper towel, folded up a few times, place it on the cut and wrap it up with sellotape or masking tape.
    For larger cuts I use super glue from screw fix.
    Obviously there is a limit, a gaping wound that needs stitches, I leave to those that are qualified.
  • Options

Stig said:

Sticking Plasters

Pre-cut ones never have enough padding; the ones you cut yourself, well wtf? I'm bleeding everywhere so this is not the time to be playing about with scissors.
    Some come individually wrapped in impregnable plastic bags than mean you need to get the scissors out anyway. Others aren't individually wrapped, which is unhygienic; no-one wants something unhygienic placed on their gash.
    The little peel-off flaps either don't come off or are electrostatically attracted to your skin making them hard to get rid of, others helicopter down through the air always swerving the bin at the last moment.
    The blue ones look ridiculous, the 'skin coloured' ones aren't actually the colour of skin, but the colour of old ladies surgical stockings and those horrible little Fiat cars. Both disgusting articles that you don't want to be reminded of during a minor medical trauma.
    Some have less stick than a second hand post-it note and refuse to stay put, whilst others stick to themselves like limpets at an orgy and actually tear into pieces easier than come away at the appropriate moment. A third kind stick in one direction but not the other, leaving them to roll up at the sides as if you got a miniature carpet remnant stuck to your finger. These inevitably roll sticky side outwards picking up more grime in the course of half hour than a Dyson Big Ball would manage in a lifetime.
    Some run away from their owners and inexplicably end up in public places like the street. The vilest ones like to make their way to the foot bath at public swimming pools.

Never was such a potentially useful product so poorly designed and manufactured. Someone needs to come up with an alternative.

I get a bit of kitchen roll or paper towel, folded up a few times, place it on the cut and wrap it up with sellotape or masking tape.
    Obviously there is a limit, a gaping wound that needs stitches, I leave to those that are qualified.
    A bloke I used to play football with had his head split open like a sheared tin can years ago, we were playing over at Sheerness Steel and the ambulance was taking forever. I think it was a guy called Tim but I can't be certain, anyway, he was ok in himself no obvious signs of concussion but the sound was horrific, proper horror film stuff. A man from the other side came over and was looking at him, the sub total of our first aid stuff was a first aid kit I'd procured from work and wasn't up to the task. This bloke jogged back over with amongst other things, a tube of superglue. He cleaned the gash, and it was a fair gash, and literally glued my mates head back together with a tube of superglue.

I'd only heard of that from the film dog soldiers when Sean pertwee gets his guys glued back in! When the ambulance did turn up they looked at it, sort of nodded approval and just told him not to drive home and off they went!
  • Options
    Carter said:

Stig said:

Sticking Plasters

A bloke I used to play football with had his head split open like a sheared tin can years ago, we were playing over at Sheerness Steel and the ambulance was taking forever. I think it was a guy called Tim but I can't be certain, anyway, he was ok in himself no obvious signs of concussion but the sound was horrific, proper horror film stuff. A man from the other side came over and was looking at him, the sub total of our first aid stuff was a first aid kit I'd procured from work and wasn't up to the task. This bloke jogged back over with amongst other things, a tube of superglue. He cleaned the gash, and it was a fair gash, and literally glued my mates head back together with a tube of superglue.

I'd only heard of that from the film dog soldiers when Sean pertwee gets his guys glued back in! When the ambulance did turn up they looked at it, sort of nodded approval and just told him not to drive home and off they went!
    Brilliant.

But if I cut my head open just leave me alone. ;-)
  • Options
    iainment said:

Carter said:

Stig said:

Sticking Plasters

Brilliant.

But if I cut my head open just leave me alone. ;-)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAOgZqZfXjY
  • Options
    Why don't fans chant for Olivier Giroud by constantly repeating his surname to the Pink Panther theme tune?
    ... I mean, he's French, he's pink and he creeps up on goal in a manner most befitting to the role.
  • Options
    Hurricanes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    limeygent said:

Hurricanes.

Agree, much prefer Spitfires
  • Options

limeygent said:

Hurricanes.

No sympathy here, then...
  • Options
    limeygent said:

limeygent said:

Hurricanes.

Hope you aren't caught up in it!
  • Options
    limeygent said:

limeygent said:

Hurricanes.

Clearly not...
  • Options
    Lack of sympathy where it's clearly deserved.
  • Options
    It happens every year.

Like moving near Heathrow and moaning about plane noise.
  • Options
    Seriously though, hope you stay safe.
  • Options
    African swine fever confirmed in Belgium
  • Options
    Been up to Telford for the night as my Missus had a conference to attend to... On the way home I did the customary stop @ Watford Gap and thought Id timed it with the Charlton supporters coach being there, thought it would be nice to break up the journey with a bunch of happy Addicks around me

Nope was there till 8:30 and the only coach load of fans to turn up were bloody Palarse!! - Can still smell them from having been around me even now!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Been up to Telford for the night as my Missus had a conference to attend to... On the way home I did the customary stop @ Watford Gap and thought Id timed it with the Charlton supporters coach being there, thought it would be nice to break up the journey with a bunch of happy Addicks around me

Nope was there till 8:30 and the only coach load of fans to turn up were bloody Palarse!! - Can still smell them from having been around me even now!!

I can't recall Charlton coaches stopping at Watford Gap (generally).
  • Options

I can't recall Charlton coaches stopping at Watford Gap (generally).
    Stopped there a good few times on my way too and from the North at times
  • Options
    When Watford appear as a featured match on TV, I get an unwanted image of Peggy every time they mention Cathcart. Worse still I can hear her say Mrs Cathcart, Mrs Cathcart, Mrs Cathcart, its really irritating, I think I may need help.
  • Options
    "Upmost".
    The word is utmost. Get it right.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
  • Options
    Getting a call from the doctors at 17.11 to tell you your 17.30 appointment is cancelled...