Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options

Mamma Mia the eventim produced ‘immersive experience’ is over £150 a ticket and then they apply a £25 booking fee per ticket and then £1.50 charge for allowing you the only option available which is to print tickets at home.

Madness

Let's hope Seth doesn't read this :wink:
  • Options
    Best by/Sell by dates that you can hardly read. Beer bottles and paste jars being particular culprits...
  • Options
    ....store em up out the back till they'd expired and then put em out to sell. Was hoping to kill a few customers with food poisoning by crisp, but turns out the sell by / use by dates mean sweet Fanny Adams when it comes to artificially flavoured fried potato snacks
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Best by/Sell by dates that you can hardly read. Beer bottles and paste jars being particular culprits...

That's for the 'You know you're getting old' thread, granddad.
    I bet you can't get the lids off either
    You know I'm getting old because I live off beer and paste...
  • Options

....store em up out the back till they'd expired and then put em out to sell. Was hoping to kill a few customers with food poisoning by crisp, but turns out the sell by / use by dates mean sweet Fanny Adams when it comes to artificially flavoured fried potato snacks

Yes - it's just that "Crisps" become "Sogs".
  • Options
    Never had a complaint to be honest mate and was always very accommodating when it came to feed back, be it positive or negative
  • Options
    People banging on about Brexit 24/7.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alarm bells at ten to five. I just want to get home ffs.
  • Options

Alarm bells at ten to five. I just want to get home ffs.

Hardly surprising ;)

• Options
    Gotten.
  • Options

Gotten.

On that note. Just heard someone say

'we might gonna need....'
  • Options

Gotten.

Yeah, I hate it when good old English words get altered unnecessarily. Bring back 'geten' of the Chaucer era, that's what I say. :wink:
  • Options
    Stig said:

Gotten.

Yeah, I hate it when good old English words get altered unnecessarily. Bring back 'geten' of the Chaucer era, that's what I say. :wink:
    Bring back bawdy storytelling!
  • Options
    edited September 2018

I think they should bring back the cain for misspelling.

it never did me no harm, it didn't
  • Options

I think they should bring back the cain for misspelling.

• Options

People banging on about Brexit 24/7.

Piers Morgan is always on about Breggs-it, as he likes to pronounce it. Many annoyances right there!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iainment said:

So I've been on temporary promotion for 3 months after my boss left. This week a new permanent boss has come in and I've returned to my previous role in the team.

She's already made it clear to me that she expects me to carry on doing everything I have been doing for the last 3 months (for 45% less pay) while she "oversees everything, leads the team and worries about the people management side of things". Because "it's great experience and exposure" for me!

I.e. you wanna do nothing all day while I do all the work and you take all the credit for it. Leave me to be doing 11 hour days all week while you knock off at 4.

ARGHGGGHG FUXJ

And I'm pissed because I wanted to be able to take back some of my extra hours worked today to get to the oval and see the trophy presentation. But I couldn't because she expects me to do two jobs and she is fucking useless.

Crys.
    Do what your contract says.
    Yep, throw the bone idle piss taker right under the bus.
  • Options
    No standard design for TV/DVD/etc remote controls - general layout for many is similar but critical stuff like channel up/down and volume up/down is at the same height on the remote but can be on either side - which is infuriating at least 50% of the time. Same goes for power on/off and mute buttons - at the top but opposite corners.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Stage managed rows at boxing press conferences. Worst than the WWF
  • Options

The apparent pre-requsite to pronounce "99p" or "99" in KFC radio adverts as "naaaaneee naaan".

And just generally that silly "road man" street talk accent that is common place amongst today's yoof over past decade.

Future London accent will sound like they've been winded whilst inhaling helium.

Grating. I blame uber mook Tim Westwood for ushering in such silliness.

I think that he has a lot to answer for
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Companies that book interviews in the middle of the afternoon.

Should either be first thing, lunchtime or after 4.30. Hard to keep it under the radar when you turn up to the office in a suit for the first time in weeks and try to slip out unnoticed at 3.

Or take the day off.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Companies that book interviews in the middle of the afternoon.

Should either be first thing, lunchtime or after 4.30. Hard to keep it under the radar when you turn up to the office in a suit for the first time in weeks and try to slip out unnoticed at 3.

Turn up in the usual gear but change into the suit later?