Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options

Riviera said:

McBobbin said:

Alexandra Armstrong's singing

He's classically trained.

So what??? He's shite! As are Nick Knowles and Jason Mumford; other "celebs" who have recorded albums. I don't know what is worse by these nobodies, recording these records or writing children's books?
    I have heard of all three of them. Perhaps you should get out more Chirpy? How many of the books have you read incidentally?

Can't you give the stroppy old git act a rest for Yuletide mate? :wink:
    This is the things that annoy you thread you fool!
  • Options

The helmet on the train behind me talking for the whole 40 minute journey on the phone to his builder mate, chatting shit about ‘price per meter’ and ‘loadsa day work’ in his booming voice. Throwing the odd swear word in there every

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Dustmen/ dustwomen or transgender refuse operatives ( whatever you're supposed to call them) who can't be bothered to put my bin back outside my house. I had to walk halfway down the bloody road this morning to retrieve it.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Dustmen/ dustwomen or transgender refuse operatives ( whatever you're supposed to call them) who can't be bothered to put my bin back outside my house. I had to walk halfway down the bloody road this morning to retrieve it. Grrrr
  • Options

Dustmen/ dustwomen or transgender refuse operatives ( whatever you're supposed to call them) who can't be bothered to put my bin back outside my house. I had to walk halfway down the bloody road this morning to retrieve it.

You're obviously not a Christmas tipper then?
  • Options
    limeygent said:

The helmet on the train behind me talking for the whole 40 minute journey on the phone to his builder mate, chatting shit about ‘price per meter’ and ‘loadsa day work’ in his booming voice. Throwing the odd swear word in there every now and then. All the time while sipping on shit beer and burping his dirty breath all over everyone within a 10 seat radius. Wanker.

was he American ?
    Hey!!!!!
    Haven’t you got Tax reform to attend to?
  • Options
    The usual collapse of the English cricket team in Australia.
  • Options
    ozaddick said:

Does my nut mate - just checked in :-(
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    ozaddick said:

cricket and Australia.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

McBobbin said:

So what??? He's shite! As are Nick Knowles and Jason Mumford; other "celebs" who have recorded albums. I don't know what is worse by these nobodies, recording these records or writing children's books?
    I have heard of all three of them. Perhaps you should get out more Chirpy? How many of the books have you read incidentally?

If you have really read lots of celebrity children's books and found them poor, rather than getting annoyed just because of their mere existence, then fair comment. If you really have not heard of Jason Manford, Nick Knowles and Alexander Armstrong also fair comment.

The wink is used to represent a light hearted comment. You seem to have forgotten it in your reply. :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

ozaddick said:

Does my nut mate - just checked in :-(
    Seems I was a bit too quick to write them off :-)

Minimum 450 please
  • Options

limeygent said:

The helmet on the train behind me talking for the whole 40 minute journey on the phone to his builder mate, chatting shit about ‘price per meter’ and ‘loadsa day work’ in his booming voice. Throwing the odd swear word in there every now and then. All the time while sipping on shit beer and burping his dirty breath all over everyone within a 10 seat radius. Wanker.

was he American ?
    Hey!!!!!
    Haven’t you got Tax reform to attend to?
    Yup, getting it done.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

McBobbin said:

So what??? He's shite! As are Nick Knowles and Jason Manford; other "celebs" who have recorded albums. I don't know what is worse by these nobodies, recording these records or writing children's books?

If you have really read lots of celebrity children's books and found them poor, rather than getting annoyed just because of their mere existence, then fair comment. If you really have not heard of Jason Manford, Nick Knowles and Alexander Armstrong also fair comment.

The wink is used to represent a light hearted comment. You seem to have forgotten it in your reply. :wink:
    You are missing the point completely. Of course I haven't read children's books by the likes of Walliams, Steadman, Hart etc. Why would I? I am not a child and my children are in their 20's. What annoys me is that publishers bend over backwards to get a celeb to "write" or at least add their name to a book to boost sales and in recent years there has been a surge in children's books like this. I am sure there are thousands of talented writers out there who cannot get a sniff of a publishing deal and either have to publish themselves, which is expensive and doesn't get the promotion or go digital on Amazon etc and get paid peanuts.
    Then the music, it's the same thing at Christmas we now have a trend of "celebs" being approached by record companies to record an album. I never said I hadn't heard of Mumford, Armstrong etc, I called them nobodies. I have heard Manford, Knowles and Armstrong sing both live and recorded because as a middle aged man I listen to Radio2. Armstrong has nothing to offer in the voice department, ok he wasn't out of tune but what makes a singer a singer is the originality of their voice. He sounds like me, or probably you or anyone else. Manford was on with Simon Mayo a few weeks ago and Mayo built him up as "not just a celeb making a record but someone who has a great voice and can really sing" He was simply appalling, check out the reaction on the Radio2 FB page. As for Knowles, just a bad karaoke singer late on a Friday night. Again there are thousands of singers and musicians out there with more talent in their little finger than those 3 put together in the music department who would give their right arm for a album recorded and promoted by a big record company. The whole thing annoys me. For goodness sake even Squeeze don't have a record deal!
  • Options

Why on earth does the dentist/hygeinist insist on trying to have a conversation while they're working on you?

I ran out of the different ways of saying 'ergh' today.

Had exactly the same this morning! My dentist is a mate and he does it everytime.
  • Options
    I'll forgive Armstrong if he sticks to his Flanders and Swann pastiche. Cracks me up.

https://youtu.be/OEv6dqVPLSM
  • Options
    Sub contractors who feel entitled to the perks given to full time staff on less wages than they're on. Ungrateful bunch who should never be invited to Xmas parties it seems......
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    All the adverts on YouTube just basically Google plugging its own shitty products.

And before you can skip you hear that woman go WIHHIT EMMA DO ISS, which seems to cause a blood vessel in my eye to burst every time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Professional darts players celebrations at getting180, the winning double or a significant score. Especially 'BVM'.
  • Options

A few months ago I posted on here about my annoyance with Medway Council and their attempts to try and force a CPZ in my road when it wasn't voted for

Basically at the time we were almost blackmailed and after the first results were given (proper set of figures provided) a second chance to have a re-vote and see if we wanted to change our minds about having a CPZ... Got a letter in the post a few weeks ago saying that the new survey results had been reviewed and that as per those results it was decided that the CPZ would be put into place

What made me suspicious of this though was the fact it was a simple letter and not results were given; i.e. nothing to say which percentage had agreed to the change of heart and which percentage hadnt

This morning my wife was on FaceBook reading a comment from people who are still fighting this, they too have found it strange that no actual figures were given in the new letter and requested this information under the Freedom of Information request.

Based on the four roads in question... NONE of them have voted in favour for the CPZ to cover their roads with just 36 people who responded for the change whilst 102 houses who responded were against the change

Absolute bastards my Council are for trying to force this through so they can simply get more money through Parking Permits!!

Mate, that is how they operate. A disaster of an authority

• Options
    That loud mouth American woman in silly tights shouting at you to buy any crap from Wowcha (I believe, as I have normally turned over by now)
  • Options
    Or the bloke currently advertising Cillit Bang. Who on earth cleans the underneath of their bath?
  • Options
    Eminem
  • Options

Or the bloke currently advertising Cillit Bang. Who on earth cleans the underneath of their bath?

BARRY SCOTT DOES!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    .....and my mrs probably would, if I never sealed it off with 25mm of oak panel