Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options

Food Memories with.........................Russell Grant ffs????

BBC strikes again with a televisual feast

Rig Rob, the Mary Whitehouse of the 21st century... :lol:
    They basically visited every cake shop and take-away in Harefield and surrounding villages
  • Options
    Greenie said:

The Ashes, or rather the fact that some people from the UK consider it an important world sporting event.
    It isn't, it's a two team tournament played by one team who has a huge population, the majority of which don't give a toss about cricket, against the other team with a very small population the majority of which love cricket.
    No other country cares, no really, no one does unless of course you went to grammer school in the U.K., or are unfortunate enough to be Australian.

I can’t stand cricket.
  • Options
    I love it
  • Options

Greenie spouting utter nonsense on CL

To be fair, this is the second time he's not....can't remember the other one though...
  • Options

Greenie spouting utter nonsense on CL

Truth is a painful word eh Bb.
  • Options
    Funny though back in 2005 when we won The Ashes for the first time in how many years the whole nation got behind England when it became clear we were about to win.

Day 5 at The Oval people were queuing for miles to get in the ground.

Admittedly many of those were jumping on the bandwagon but that's an awful lot of grammar school graduates to squeeze in at The Oval.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Funny though back in 2005 when we won The Ashes for the first time in how many years the whole nation got behind England when it became clear we were about to win.

Admittedly many of those were jumping on the bandwagon but that's an awful lot of grammar school graduates to squeeze in at The Oval.

The whole nation? No mate!
    What you mean is that it was reported a lot by the establishment called the BBC.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Greenie does have half a case.
    Generally speaking you do get more intelligent people at cricket, tennis and rugby union, than you do at football.
    I say that from having been a spectator at them all.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

What you mean is that it was reported a lot by the establishment called the BBC.
    Well let's not forget Channel 4 who were providing TV coverage at the time or most of the newspapers who provided front page coverage when we won it.

But yeah it was all BBC wasn't it.
  • Options

I think Greenie does have half a case.
    Generally speaking you do get more intelligent people at cricket, tennis and rugby union, than you do at football.
    I say that from having been a spectator at them all.

I don't disagree with this at all. When England play someone like Sri Lanka or New Zealand there's no interest in it from the national in general which does back up what Greenie is saying.

But the 2005 series fans could sense victory against The Aussies and for the first time in nearly 20 years? Suddenly all the football fans started turning up as they had something to get behind.
  • Options

Greenie said:

Well let's not forget Channel 4 who were providing TV coverage at the time or most of the newspapers who provided front page coverage when we won it.

Look I understand your anger, if you like the ashes and see it as a top line sports tournament, then enjoy it.
    The rest of us see it as a very very minor sporting event between two countries, the Ashes is not even a world championship, It's just not an important world sporting event, it's about as important as the boat race.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Look I understand your anger, if you like the ashes and see it as a top line sports tournament, then enjoy it.
    The rest of us see it as a very very minor sporting event between two countries, the Ashes is not even a world championship, It's just not an important world sporting event, it's about as important as the boat race.
    I'm not angry, I'm just making the point cricket certainly isn't just a Grammar School thing. I've played before for a Sunday team and not one of them went to Grammar School and I doubt many did from the teams we played either.

I get what you're saying, if you're into cricket it's a big thing, if you're not then yes it's as relevant as the boat race is to those not into that. I just wouldn't stereotype those who like cricket as Grammar School graduates.
  • Options

Greenie said:

They've been showing "Curling" over here, as a spectator sport. In comparison cricket is on a par with a Roman chariot race, excitement wise.
  • Options
    Potato peelers, draw blood every time.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Lol!

• Options
    McBobbin said:

stonemuse said:

Greenie said:

The Ashes, or rather the fact that some people from the UK consider it an important world sporting event.
    It isn't, it's a two team tournament played by one team who has a huge population, the majority of which don't give a toss about cricket, against the other team with a very small population the majority of which love cricket.
    No other country cares, no really, no one does unless of course you went to grammer school in the U.K., or are unfortunate enough to be Australian.

I can’t stand cricket.

I love it

People singing 10cc songs
    "You're not alone...."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Cricket - a good picnic spoiled"

ibborg, 17/12/2017
  • Options

McBobbin said:

stonemuse said:

Greenie said:

I can’t stand cricket.

I love it

"You're not alone...."
    Look at you sucking up, Jesus, the things we do for love...
  • Options

McBobbin said:

stonemuse said:

Greenie said:

I can’t stand cricket.

I love it

"You're not alone...."
    Look at you sucking up, Jesus, the things we do for love...
    That's it get out the "Ruuuu....uu..ber Bullets"
  • Options
    For the second time today, what have I started?
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

For the second time today life is a minestrone, what have I started?

;)

• Options
    limeygent said:

Just get a Y shaped peeler.
    Job done quicker and only the potatoes lose any skin.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

limeygent said:

Just get a Y shaped peeler.
    Job done quicker and only the potatoes lose any skin.
    Get the mrs to do it ffs