Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Riviera said:

The idiots on here dissing Carlsberg... I find it to be a rather nice beverage thank you very much!!

Special Brew is good in small doses.
    I forgot they did special brew! Redemption, albeit not much.
  • Options
    They also do Elephant Extra Strong at 10.5%
  • Options
    I'd love to try their Carlsberg Carls Porter. I've never seen it anywhere though.
  • Options
    Snow
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

The bloke from the Salvation Army who shook a tin (or maybe a bucket) at me and said “no donation for Christmas, Sir” as I passed by without donating. I carried on and didn’t make a scene, but nonetheless felt angry. I’ll decide which charities I give money to, thank you very much. I am not being shamed by a grinning idiot.

There was a Salvation Army bloke at Clacket Lane services a few weeks back. I was desperate for a 'comfort break' so ignored him on my way in. However on the way out I got my wallet out with a view to giving him a few quid as I don't mind the cause myself.

However he said ' we don't take cash sir I NEED you to set up a direct debit.' I politely told him that I don't set up direct debits and it was the cash I was prepared to offer then or nothing.

He wasn't happy and another charity has been crossed off my list for being too choosy as to how they do things.

It's my money and I decide how or if I give it! They obviously don't need it enough if they are able to implicitly criticise my financial arrangements.
    Wow ... we do not need any of your money unless it is a regular payment.

I would have done the same ...fuck ‘em.
  • Options
    Have to run a gauntlet of these charity types every time I go out to lunch.

Firstly, they're very annoying. Some of them ask you to stop for a chat, but I've had some of them trying to oblige me to stop by putting their hands up for a high 5.

Secondly, amidst a deluge of anti-fraud warnings from banks and credit card companies, I'm not gonna give my bank details to some chancer on the street.

Thirdly, these people aren't volunteers, they get paid for it. If I give money to charity, I want it all to go to that cause, not 50% to charity and 50% on paying someone's wages. I sympathise if that's what they have to do to earn a living, but that's not my motivation for giving to charity.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

The bloke from the Salvation Army who shook a tin (or maybe a bucket) at me and said “no donation for Christmas, Sir” as I passed by without donating. I carried on and didn’t make a scene, but nonetheless felt angry. I’ll decide which charities I give money to, thank you very much. I am not being shamed by a grinning idiot.

There was a Salvation Army bloke at Clacket Lane services a few weeks back. I was desperate for a 'comfort break' so ignored him on my way in. However on the way out I got my wallet out with a view to giving him a few quid as I don't mind the cause myself.

However he said ' we don't take cash sir I NEED you to set up a direct debit.' I politely told him that I don't set up direct debits and it was the cash I was prepared to offer then or nothing.

He wasn't happy and another charity has been crossed off my list for being too choosy as to how they do things.

It's my money and I decide how or if I give it! They obviously don't need it enough if they are able to implicitly criticise my financial arrangements.
    I work in Clapton and there's an 'artisan' bakery nearby. I was working yesterday and for the first time popped in and got a cardomon bun as I was starved. The bun was £2.20 which offended me but even worse was the notice on the counter. From 3 Jan they're no longer taking cash. FFS shops beginning to go away from cash.
    And the bun wasn't nice.
  • Options
    iainment said:

LenGlover said:

I work in Clapton and there's an 'artisan' bakery nearby. I was working yesterday and for the first time popped in and got a cardomon bun as I was starved. The bun was £2.20 which offended me but even worse was the notice on the counter. From 3 Jan they're no longer taking cash. FFS shops beginning to go away from cash.
    And the bun wasn't nice.
    majority of pubs/shops, look amazed when you give them cash.
  • Options
    Being the only one in the office because of the weather, for heaven sake i got the longest journey 33 miles drive each way, they all live in town where the office so maximum 3 miles, they cant make it? How can that be possible? Oh there’s an inch of snow, and the main roads are all clear. They haven’t even got to catch a bloody train. Fed up or what, lazy ....
  • Options

Being the only one in the office because of the weather, for heaven sake i got the longest journey 33 miles drive each way, they all live in town where the office so maximum 3 miles, they cant make it? How can that be possible? Oh there’s an inch of snow, and the main roads are all clear. They haven’t even got to catch a bloody train. Fed up or what, lazy ....

Send them all a text saying you'll pick them up on your lunch break "only four spaces so get in quick " then when nobody takes you up on the offer and they start rolling out excuses of how bad it was and they couldn't get in you cut them off and point out that they are just lazy, workshy cunts
  • Options
    The snowflakes are upsetting the snowflakes?
  • Options

For years that was the case for me, 80 mile, 60 mile or 50 mile round trip. Blokes who lived in Catford where not a flake of snow had fell giving me aggro.

Come and pick me up then cocksucker

Missing a day isn't good news for me, nobody will pick up anything so all that's achieved is a days catch up to do upon my return.

Thankfully, in a weird way, someone had a really bad accident on the way to work when it snowed one year and said they felt under pressure to come in. Now, any hint that those who live a long way from office locations are going to struggle they are told to work from home assuming they had the common sense to take their laptop home previously

Then those of us on the road are in company vans so don't give a shit if they get damaged (that's the attitude that management think exists anyway)
  • Options

Send them all a text saying you'll pick them up on your lunch break "only four spaces so get in quick " then when nobody takes you up on the offer and they start rolling out excuses of how bad it was and they couldn't get in you cut them off and point out that they are just lazy, workshy cunts
    What’s makes me laugh or upset rather, is i own the company! In 2010 when i was snowed in i had to send a photo of the snow to prove I couldn’t get out our road, the snow was only 18” deep at the time and i had a rear wheel drive car as well to make it worse, this was just to stop the mickey taking. Think words will be said, assuming anyone ever gets in.
  • Options
    Online TFL journey planner status updates that don't update. There has been one 320 bus here in Biggin Hill Valley in the past two hours, rather than one every seven minutes as advertised. According to Tfl there are no interruptions to the service...
  • Options
    One company I worked for used to pay for 'snow days' off, But one year it was like it is today, just a bit of slush at worse, we still had half our workforce at home, so they stopped paying, an email went out stating no pay, next time it snowed every bugger was in, the boss was walking round with a smug grin on his face.
    Ive also worked in places where we had a flurry of snow for 10 mins and some in the office are running round shitting themselves in case they cant get home. Where did we get all these weak saps from?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People in cars that have window washers that spray straight over the roof of their own car onto the car behind. Bastards
  • Options

stonemuse said:

LenGlover said:

Wow ... we do not need any of your money unless it is a regular payment.

I would have done the same ...fuck ‘em.
    That's the Salvation Army for you, always blowing their own Trumpet.
    I joined their extremist wing.
    Salvation Commandos
  • Options
    Greenie said:

One company I worked for used to pay for 'snow days' off, But one year it was like it is today, just a bit of slush at worse, we still had half our workforce at home, so they stopped paying, an email went out stating no pay, next time it snowed every bugger was in, the boss was walking round with a smug grin on his face.
    Ive also worked in places where we had a flurry of snow for 10 mins and some in the office are running round shitting themselves in case they cant get home. Where did we get all these weak saps from?

The Brexit thread?
  • Options
    Greenie said:

I think we just notice it more now mate, there's far fewer hiding places at work now than there ever had been. I'm no martyr but I'll do my best to show in at work when it snows but nobody thanks you for it and the lazy arses who live round the corner and either don't come in or fuck off early didn't get pulled up. So I'd make a judgement call. Will I get more done working indoors or sitting in traffic?
  • Options
    On the subject of charity donations what annoys me is the message at the bottom of card readers asking if you would like to donate 25p to charity.
  • Options

On the subject of charity donations what annoys me is the message at the bottom of card readers asking if you would like to donate 25p to charity.

This then enables the bank to charge the charity 50p for that transaction...
  • Options
    When explaining something, either in writing or verbally, anyone who puts the word 'Simples' at the end is guaranteed to be a dick, I have never met an exception to this valuable life rule.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

When explaining something, either in writing or verbally, anyone who puts the word 'Simples' at the end is guaranteed to be a dick, I have never met an exception to this valuable life rule.

Just never write or speak to them again, simples.
  • Options

Greenie said:

Just never write or speak to them again, simples.
    See..... ;o)
  • Options
    Beardy tossers, putting Xmas decs and fairy lights in their beards, just crazy.............. grade A bells.....!