Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Yeah one man even had a birthday on Christmas Day

My Grandad was born Xmas day 1912.
  • Had a great uncle die on Christmas day. Weren't his birthday though, that weren't till the March

• Yeah one man even had a birthday on Christmas Day

Gary McAllister

Legend.

Happy birthday Gaz.

• When Ryanair send you an e-mail saying it's time to check in, so you go through the procedure then at the end it tells you that actually it isn't time to check in until 19.20 this evening...

When you do finally get to check in you get allocated separate seats, but if you pay an extra £6 you can sit together - there's a spare seat next to mine. I ask if they cannot just seat us together - no, that is not company policy. So they deliberately seat you apart to get an extra few quid out of you.

No wonder people have such a low opinion of that company.

As the missus pointed out, we would happily have paid an extra £3 each for the seats in the first place, then they could have moved us together "free" and we would be saying "Don't know what people's problem is with Ryanair, they were most helpful when we wanted to move seats, they could have charged us but didn't".

Absolutely clueless on the psychology of customer service.

Hopefully the seat will be empty anyway and she'll just move over after take off. If not, I am sure she'll be happy to be away from my moaning for a couple of hours...
    Or even better, you sit amongst a group of fit, pissed birds.
  • When Ryanair send you an e-mail saying it's time to check in, so you go through the procedure then at the end it tells you that actually it isn't time to check in until 19.20 this evening...

When you do finally get to check in you get allocated separate seats, but if you pay an extra £6 you can sit together - there's a spare seat next to mine. I ask if they cannot just seat us together - no, that is not company policy. So they deliberately seat you apart to get an extra few quid out of you.

As the missus pointed out, we would happily have paid an extra £3 each for the seats in the first place, then they could have moved us together "free" and we would be saying "Don't know what people's problem is with Ryanair, they were most helpful when we wanted to move seats, they could have charged us but didn't".

Hopefully the seat will be empty anyway and she'll just move over after take off. If not, I am sure she'll be happy to be away from my moaning for a couple of hours...
    Or even better, you sit amongst a group of fit, pissed

• A few drinks based ones that make me think I'm better off sticking to the beer:

1. Keep getting distracted when making a cup of tea and having to boil the same kettle again and again.
    2. Getting distracted later in the team making process when the tea bag is in the cup and there's a layer of scum forms on the top (worse when combined with #1).
    3. When someone accidentally buys 'orange juice drink' and you end up with a carton of something that's little better than squash. Why so they even make this muck?
  • The disgusting price of football tickets. I'm working in Liverpool midweek and thought that I wouldn't mind popping along to Goodison to see West Ham get beat. The cheapest adult ticket that I can see on the Everton website is £41 for a restricted view. How long before the egg-laying goose is killed off for good?
  • Sponsored links:

• buckshee said:

Those infrared self flushing toilets.

They flush as you walk into the toilet then as you move to grab toilet roll they flush again risking shitty water splash back .

Saving water.

I pay £6 not to sit next to the wife.
  • Diving. Just seen Fernandinho (spelling?) get booked for simulation in the Huddersfield Man City game. He'd have been more suited to Swan Lake than a football game.

Yes they do and I posted it on the Ryanair thread a couple of weeks back.

Why don't they just add another 15 quid to every ticket, include this bullshit and card fees etc., and not be hated as much?
  • edited November 2017

When Ryanair send you an e-mail saying it's time to check in, so you go through the procedure then at the end it tells you that actually it isn't time to check in until 19.20 this evening...

Why don't they just add another 15 quid to every ticket, include this bullshit and card fees etc., and not be hated as much?
    1) They know people book the cheapest base ticket price then once you've filled in the 4 pages of bumf you need to complete to buy a plane ticket nowadays, they know most people can't be bothered to go back and do it again with another airline when it becomes painfully clear you are going to have to pay between 10 and 50 pounds for basic amenities/facilities/options.

2) Taking the above into the account, they are still the cheapest option on many routes by a fair way. I did a random search on one of their routes and they were undercutting their nearest competitor by £40. Imagine all the extras you could get for that. Not only could you get a seat next to your wife but you could buy enough mini bottles of gin to keep her placated whilst you enjoy the extra legroom and a miniature bottle of Bells.

3) They thrive on the free publicity of being the worst airline in this region as far as customer service goes. I swear it's a form of perverse masochism for some people to boast about how bad the plane smelled, how the flight attendants could not understand them or that their bag was replaced with a stuffed monkey.

I wouldn't even fly Ryanair if I could help it but there is a sick logic to their business model...and it seems to work. Somehow.
  • edited November 2017
    Fiiish said:

When Ryanair send you an e-mail saying it's time to check in, so you go through the procedure then at the end it tells you that actually it isn't time to check in until 19.20 this evening...

1) They know people book the cheapest base ticket price then once you've filled in the 4 pages of bumf you need to complete to buy a plane ticket nowadays, they know most people can't be bothered to go back and do it again with another airline when it becomes painfully clear you are going to have to pay between 10 and 50 pounds for basic amenities/facilities/options.

2) Taking the above into the account, they are still the cheapest option on many routes by a fair way. I did a random search on one of their routes and they were undercutting their nearest competitor by £40. Imagine all the extras you could get for that. Not only could you get a seat next to your wife but you could buy enough mini bottles of gin to keep her placated whilst you enjoy the extra legroom and a miniature bottle of Bells.

3) They thrive on the free publicity of being the worst airline in this region as far as customer service goes. I swear it's a form of perverse masochism for some people to boast about how bad the plane smelled, how the flight attendants could not understand them or that their bag was replaced with a stuffed monkey.

I wouldn't even fly Ryanair if I could help it but there is a sick logic to their business model...and it seems to work. Somehow.
    Ours was bought about by the Monarch collapse, and we did get a cracking deal anyway, but my point was about the poor customer psychology - as you allude to in point 3 my fishy friend.
  • Diving. Just seen Fernandinho (spelling?) get booked for simulation in the Huddersfield Man City game. He'd have been more suited to Swan Lake than a football game.

Andre Ayews dive yesterday would have won a few oscars had that been given a penalty.
  • 1StevieG said:

Diving. Just seen Fernandinho (spelling?) get booked for simulation in the Huddersfield Man City game. He'd have been more suited to Swan Lake than a football game.

Andre Ayews dive yesterday would have won a few oscars had that been given a penalty.
    My annoyance is that they don’t book players for simulation when they’ve been fouled so it is actually a penalty and they make a meal of it. Give the pen and still book them for simulation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Torn jeans, as a fashion statement.
  • Mike Parry

An odious fat smelly prick. Jim White is a tool at times but what Parry just tweeted him is disgusting.
  • Wtf that is a disgusting thing to put on social media
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was very tempted the other day to go up to a young lad & give him some change & say " sorry you're down on your luck & can't afford a new pair of jeans"
    Glad on not on social media. I'm not on twitter, snapchat, whatsapp oe any other stuff.

Starting to cause more problems than its worth. The "panic" from last Fridays "non-event" at Oxford Circus tube shows that.
  • Has he got chronic historic alcohol problem or is it just any joke between friends ?
    Glad on not on social media. I'm not on twitter, snapchat, whatsapp oe any other stuff.

Starting to cause more problems than its worth. The "panic" from last Fridays "non-event" at Oxford Circus tube shows that.
    Unfortunately I am and as soon as I saw that on here went straight onto twitter to comment, mainly to appeal to talk sport to take him off air for his comments
    At 1st glance I'd say that's a hack but Parry is an absolute bell so who knows
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!