Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• The phrase 'kind of like' inserted meaninglessly and frequently in between other words. Listen to yourselves, you morons who kind of like use this drivel to pad out your tedious outpourings.
    It's unlistenable.
  • edited November 2017
    cabbles said:

IdleHans said:

cabbles said:

IdleHans said:

Bleach is your friend, Cabbles.

Will that work on shirts? Won’t it make it worst
    It will work on cotton shirts, but go gently and dilute it well. Let it soak for ten or fifteen minutes then rinse it out and put it through the machine.
    Use thin bleach.
    I use it a lot for getting curry or spag bol stains out of mine. But don't overdo it or your shirt will drop to bits in no time, like Mr Largo's elbows.
    Nice one mate thanks
    If that doesn't work Cabs, you could try tipp-ex.
  • edited November 2017
    Ben18 said:

cabbles said:

IdleHans said:

cabbles said:

IdleHans said:

Bleach is your friend, Cabbles.

Will that work on shirts? Won’t it make it worst
    It will work on cotton shirts, but go gently and dilute it well. Let it soak for ten or fifteen minutes then rinse it out and put it through the machine.
    Use thin bleach.
    I use it a lot for getting curry or spag bol stains out of mine. But don't overdo it or your shirt will drop to bits in no time, like Mr Largo's elbows.
    Nice one mate thanks
    If that doesn't work Cabs, you could try tipp-ex.
    I knew you’d crop up sooner or later. I still haven’t forgotten transfer deadline day
  • When the BBC piss all over our chips at The Ashes.

Reading the report anyone would think we were skittled all out last night for 196. Instead we closed at 196-4 with the game finely poised IMO.

The BBC always do this, the only time they paint any positivity is when we're 550-5 ffs.
  • Stig said:

WTF?

It has been like that for years, since the digital upgrade when the News goes to the local news usually.
  • Leaving capital punishment out of it, what is this vile little cunt doing walking the streets, browsing the internet in the first place? -

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-42095074
  • Tick boxes.

Ticking boxes, people who tick boxes for you / about you. People who compile questions and put a box beside it. People who put the information from the tick boxes on a spreadsheet. People who analyse the information on the spreadsheet and make policy decisions - if they can be bothered - which is doubtful.

The thing is, whoever commits to truth when filling in a tick box? A large percentage of people gleefully tick the most absurd box possible. When I was an engineer in the City we had to leave a card for the customer to tick boxes on our performance. I and many colleagues received top marks. Guess how many cards were actually left? Guess who filled in the boxes?

How many wasted human hours? How many trees cut down? How many computer hard drives full of this tosh?
  • When the BBC wet themselves after one day at The Ashes.

Reading the report anyone would think we were 2 wickets away from victory on day four. Instead we closed at 196-4 on day one with four days to go IMO.

The BBC always do this, the only time they paint any negativity is when we're 107 for 9 FFS.

Australian version of the same post...
  • Sponsored links:

• Tick boxes.

Ticking boxes, people who tick boxes for you / about you. People who compile questions and put a box beside it. People who put the information from the tick boxes on a spreadsheet. People who analyse the information on the spreadsheet and make policy decisions - if they can be bothered - which is doubtful.

The thing is, whoever commits to truth when filling in a tick box? A large percentage of people gleefully tick the most absurd box possible. When I was an engineer in the City we had to leave a card for the customer to tick boxes on our performance. I and many colleagues received top marks. Guess how many cards were actually left? Guess who filled in the boxes?

How many wasted human hours? How many trees cut down? How many computer hard drives full of this tosh?

Wholeheartedly agree. What annoys me the most are the surveys I get asked to complete from the hospital or GP surgery. "would you recommend us to your family & friends?". Yeh, sure. My parents live in Bexhill & I live nr Sevenoaks so I'm really going to tell them to go to my local GP when they are suffering severe chest pains.........some services just can't be "voted" for.
  • When the BBC piss all over our chips at The Ashes.

Reading the report anyone would think we were skittled all out last night for 196. Instead we closed at 196-4 with the game finely poised IMO.

The BBC always do this, the only time they paint any positivity is when we're 550-5 ffs.

Cue 196 all out.
  • That I've saved for years to buy my first house and have just paid thousands in stamp duty just last month. Gutted is an understatement but I couldn't wait for ever on the off-chance.

We are due to exchange next week , ours is shared ownership , asked the solicitors today how this effects us and they ain't got a clue!
  • IdleHans said:

The phrase 'kind of like' inserted meaninglessly and frequently in between other words. Listen to yourselves, you morons who kind of like use this drivel to pad out your tedious outpourings.
    It's unlistenable.

Even worse is "like litterally" . How can something be like and litterally ?
  • james bolger killer going to prison for the 2nd time for noncing offences - needs handing a rope and pointed in the direction of somewhere to do the decent thing.

a bloke stabbed and killed mulitple times in greenwich for his watch - modern britain where if you have something nice some no good wrongun will only nick it.

• buckshee said:

That I've saved for years to buy my first house and have just paid thousands in stamp duty just last month. Gutted is an understatement but I couldn't wait for ever on the off-chance.

We are due to exchange next week , ours is shared ownership , asked the solicitors today how this effects us and they ain't got a clue!
    Bit like the chancellor then...

I hope that you do get the saving buckshee, fingers crossed for you.
  • james bolger killer going to prison for the 2nd time for noncing offences - needs handing a rope and pointed in the direction of somewhere to do the decent thing.

a bloke stabbed and killed mulitple times in greenwich for his watch - modern britain where if you have something nice some no good wrongun will only nick it.

I agree. I find it so hard because I think for the benefits of a more just society, capital punishment is wrong, but in these two examples I would not batter an eyelid if we had a system that eradicated these people from the face of the earth
  • Effing Black Friday. I must have deleted about 50 emails from various companies I have dealt with. I even had to turn the car radio off as every advert seems to mention it.
  • Ha Ha, I've just noticed an ad on this very page mentioning it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Trying to buy a birthday card this time of year when most major retailers seem to replace most of them with Christmas cards, as though nobody has a birthday between now and Christmas.

• Yeah one man even had a birthday on Christmas Day

Chris Kamara?

Gary McAllister
  • That is mental, don't know how the shop assistant got out of the way in time.
  • When Ryanair send you an e-mail saying it's time to check in, so you go through the procedure then at the end it tells you that actually it isn't time to check in until 19.20 this evening...
  • Got dragged to the shops this afternoon.

Currys had about 50 display TVs switched on. Was the rugby on any of them? No!

The one consolation if completely unable to avoid shopping on a Saturday afternoon used to be finding a tv to check scores and watch a bit of sport.

No longer it seems.

Jesus Christ, do you have to keep on about it!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!