Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Smurthwaite on the BBC's Big Question every other week
  • Options
    Barista's who do not know the basic fundamentals of making a good coffee. I've not had one decent coffee in the UK.
  • Options
    Caffeinistas

It's just near boiling water, added to beans and milk if required.
  • Options
    ozaddick said:

Barista's who do not know the basic fundamentals of making a good coffee. I've not had one decent coffee in the UK.

Out of interest, what are the basic fundamentals of making a good coffee that coffee shop baristas are unaware of?
    I'm not taking the piss, it's a serious question, because I like a nice coffee from a coffee shop, so I'm intrigued as to what these people are doing so wrong and you were somewhat vague in your complaint!
    :smile:
  • Options

ozaddick said:

They should stick to common law jurisdictions.
    I think with 3 lols that's a very underrated post
  • Options
    People lighting garden fires on the first really nice Sunday of the year.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

ozaddick said:

Out of interest, what are the basic fundamentals of making a good coffee that coffee shop baristas are unaware of?
    I'm not taking the piss, it's a serious question, because I like a nice coffee from a coffee shop, so I'm intrigued as to what these people are doing so wrong and you were somewhat vague in your complaint!
    Oh shit! I've been called out!! ;)

Well my lord, apart from the type of bean used, the ground of the bean is important, too fine and it looses a little of its flavour, to course, and it's bitter.
    The packing of the cup dispenser matters, if it's not packed tightly enough, the water won't pull all the flavour through and the coffee is a bit bland, too tight and you'll not get the whole cup saturated and so you'll lose some taste.

The milk, if possible should be full cream, it heats better, it has less chance of burning, and the air ration from the steam and gives it a better consistency, instead of the milk then froth on the top. More of a creamy texture throughout.

The biggest thing I've found here is heating the milk to much, you can taste a slight sourness to the milk if so, and to top it off you can't drink the bloody thing for 15 minutes!!

Every machine has its own quirks, it's knowing how to get the best out of it.

I hope I've answered your question adequately sir. :)
  • Options

People lighting garden fires on the first really nice Sunday of the year.

This. The dick next door had a BBQ going at 3pm with no one there, even he was indoors, smoke everywhere, so I had to close all the windows & doors, until he finished.

I opened the windows at 4pm & by 4.30 the $%$% had a fire going in one of those metal dustbins with a spout & smoke everywhere again.

Thanks pal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People who own holiday homes and let them out. But when they have their holiday in their place, they mess about with all the stuff they hate visitors altering ( TV channel settings, heat settings, aircon settings, pool water temperature, solar panels, etc ). Then they go home and forget to tell the management company that they have messed everything up until ten minutes before their next guest is going to arrive. Guess what my new job is... :wink:
  • Options
    ozaddick said:

ozaddick said:

Well my lord, apart from the type of bean used, the ground of the bean is important, too fine and it looses a little of its flavour, to course, and it's bitter.
    The packing of the cup dispenser matters, if it's not packed tightly enough, the water won't pull all the flavour through and the coffee is a bit bland, too tight and you'll not get the whole cup saturated and so you'll lose some taste.

The milk, if possible should be full cream, it heats better, it has less chance of burning, and the air ration from the steam and gives it a better consistency, instead of the milk then froth on the top. More of a creamy texture throughout.

The biggest thing I've found here is heating the milk to much, you can taste a slight sourness to the milk if so, and to top it off you can't drink the bloody thing for 15 minutes!!

Haha! Fair enough.
    I wonder if these things are generally taught to baristas when they first start?
  • Options

The bloke next door's peacock coming into my garden and eating all our tomatoes. Greedy, screeching, demonstrative, blue twat. (The peacock, not the neighbour)

Who the hell has a Peacock as a pet?
  • Options

The bloke next door's peacock coming into my garden and eating all our tomatoes. Greedy, screeching, demonstrative, blue twat. (The peacock, not the neighbour)

Who the hell has a Peacock as a pet?
    The nobhead who lives next door to me.
  • Options
    ozaddick said:

ozaddick said:

Oz having done the upbeats walk with you and seeing you tuck into your 4th strongbow prior to Southend on Saturday I'd have never have guessed this would be one of your bugbears
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ozaddick said:

ozaddick said:

Coffee bores. 100% not you - but your post reminded me of it. For the record, you were asked and provided a very good response and I thought to myself "huh, interesting" after.

Unsolicited opinions about coffee are just the worst. I will happily drink this machine stuff, that's probably shit, to fuel my caffeine addiction... and would like to do so in peace. Equally, when I take an antihistamine for hayefever - I don't want someone at work to comment and tell me that this great little place round the corner serves "amaaazing" artisan antihistamines that they ground between their butt-cheeks for a week into the finest powder before feeding through a £2000 frothing machine.

Finally, when someone says something like "Sorry, I can't even function until I've had my morning coffee"... well it's 9:30am and I make it that you owe the company at least a tenner then.
  • Options
    Absolutely burnt to buggery after watching my brother run the Brighton Marathon yesterday.

It hurt to touch the sheets with my arms and face last night, and my shower this morning was fecking torturous... don't get me started on drying myself afterwards either!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    cabbles said:

Blokes in toilet cubicles that want to stand but close the door so it's ajar rather than lock it or leave it completely open. They then tutt when you go to open it because you can't tell whether or not it's being used

Would you rather they winked?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

When doing my grand national selections not noticing the horse with Arthur in its name.

Sorry Grandad Arthur

Me calling my mate Saturday morning whose son is called Arthur. He backed it, i didn't.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Blokes in toilet cubicles that want to stand but close the door so it's ajar rather than lock it or leave it completely open. They then tutt when you go to open it because you can't tell whether or not it's being used

Would you rather they winked?
    Macronate said:

cabbles said:

Dickheads - I understand not all blokes want to sit down whilst talking a piss, but if that's the case, either leave the door open entirely so I can tell, or shut it completely so I don't have to second guess if someone is in there

No luck at Hampstead Heath today?
    Complete lack of respect shown again here. I thought I'd seen the back of this upon promotion to moderator. Yet it continues
    Sorry tinkles
  • Options
    People who sit in the outside lane and are going just as fast as the cars in the middle lane.

Get out of the f* way.

I'm going to start flashing lights and using my horn soon. It's so annoying.