Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    I'm not sure what annoys me more:

The constant stream of 'Don't adopt a bunny for Easter' posts on social media.

Or the idea that people actually do this? I've never heard of a single person doing this? Are there parts of the country where this is common? Seems like a really stupid thing to do.
  • Options
    N
    Fiiish said:

Carter said:

People who sit in the outside lane and are going just as fast as the cars in the middle lane.

Get out of the f* way.

I'm going to start flashing lights and using my horn soon. It's so annoying.

It's also against the law
    Eh, strictly speaking no it isn't. If you are driving the maximum legal speed and the vehicle to your left is at the same speed and you cannot overtake it without breaking the speed limit then you are not obliged to slow down and move behind it even if there's a queue of people behind you who are willing to break the speed limit.

The person in the middle lane is probably breaking the law though if they do not move to the left when possible. The Highway Code also states that you should not obstruct vehicles attempting to overtake you; I imagine this includes driving at the same speed as the car that is overtaking you.
    Seriously?? How many times have we done this, on this very thread now? The bottom line is that the system is outdated for the volume of traffic we have today.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

N

Fiiish said:

Carter said:

People who sit in the outside lane and are going just as fast as the cars in the middle lane.

Get out of the f* way.

I'm going to start flashing lights and using my horn soon. It's so annoying.

It's also against the law
    Eh, strictly speaking no it isn't. If you are driving the maximum legal speed and the vehicle to your left is at the same speed and you cannot overtake it without breaking the speed limit then you are not obliged to slow down and move behind it even if there's a queue of people behind you who are willing to break the speed limit.

The person in the middle lane is probably breaking the law though if they do not move to the left when possible. The Highway Code also states that you should not obstruct vehicles attempting to overtake you; I imagine this includes driving at the same speed as the car that is overtaking you.
    Seriously?? How many times have we done this, on this very thread now? The bottom line is that the system is outdated for the volume of traffic we have today.
    I'm not saying it's right, just pointing out what the Highway Code instructs.
  • Options
    @LouisMend having another moody night off, it's easier to catch the ticket office than to find him at work. ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    T.C.E said:

@LouisMend having another moody night off, it's easier to catch the ticket office than to find him at work. ;)

Even on my night off I deliver the goods - bitesized podcast for you here http://www.charltonlive.co.uk/2017/04/15/charlton-live-easter-bitesize-podcast/
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    LouisMend said:

T.C.E said:

Even on my night off I deliver the goods - bitesized podcast for you here http://www.charltonlive.co.uk/2017/04/15/charlton-live-easter-bitesize-podcast/
    Thanks for the reminder.
  • Options

Parents swearing in front/at their kids. Was at the funfair at Danson today and a kid had hurt himself in the bouncy castle. His brother came off and told his parents he hadn't meant it and his mum replied "just get back on the fucking ride". Maybe I'm just an old fart but we never swear in front of ours (my wife doesn't anyway, which is surprising considering she's married to me) and I never heard my parents swear.

Outfuckinrageous
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Being told I'd find out my daughters primary school choice today by letter, only for it not to come. Then my ex missus working at Bexley council going to the relevant department only to be told we can't know. They literally could of given the letter by hand but that's not the process.
  • Options

Being told I'd find out my daughters primary school choice today by letter, only for it not to come. Then my ex missus working at Bexley council going to the relevant department only to be told we can't know. They literally could of given the letter by hand but that's not the process.

The school place procedure is massively wrong.
  • Options
    Can you not check online?

We are in Havering and my wife checked out online whilst at our boys 4th birthday party this afternoon.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Can you not check online?

We are in Havering and my wife checked out online whilst at our boys 4th birthday party this afternoon.

Can only check online if applied online. Ex missus did it by letter for some reason.
  • Options
    We're in bexleyheath and checked online after 5pm and found out
  • Options
    No further developments on the takeover!
  • Options
    People who say weld when they mean world.
  • Options
    My missus staring at her phone, does my nut in, think I'll bugger off, don't think she'd notice until the battery went flat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That Roland song. "Hey, Hey Roland, oh, ah, I want to know.... why you're such a c*&£". That bit of the song is fine, but then the fans count two bars out loud. When have sports fans ever been so worried about being in time on a song? If people insist on being c*&£s themselves, just clap the two bars....
  • Options
    Having the "Heyyyy Hey, Roland! Ohhh! Ahhh! I wanna knowwww..." song stuck in my head.

Probably one of my best memories from the Duchatelet era was Fulham away last season, going to the bogs and coming back to the stand just to hear that being belted out.

I'd never heard it before but it was immediately a favourite of mine. Got stuck in my head for days, found myself humming it in the office and everything..
  • Options
    Patience.

Just go ffs.
  • Options
    I played solitaire patience with a deck of cards rather than on the computer while chatting to my mum face to face over the weekend.

Took me more than 15 goes to not get it out.

She got it out after 4 goes.

Next day I got it out over 2 goes.

Bloody annoying patience.
  • Options
    There's always one :wink:
  • Options
    Patience
  • Options
    'Dude' - pseudo 'cool' people calling me dude. Why? you sound like a fool.
    - some bell on here will be along in minute.......

n. 1883, "fastidious man," New York City slang of unknown origin. The vogue word of 1883, originally used in reference to the devotees of the "aesthetic" craze, later applied to city slickers, especially Easterners vacationing in the West (e.g. dude ranch, first recorded 1921).