Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Im sorry too @piddles
  • Options
    Why do some people undo their belt and trousers to piss? Surely that is what the zip is for?!?

• Options

Why do some people undo their belt and trousers to piss? Surely that is what the zip is for?!?

501's ?
  • Options

People who sit in the outside lane and are going just as fast as the cars in the middle lane.

Get out of the f* way.

I'm going to start flashing lights and using my horn soon. It's so annoying.

It's also against the law
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Carter said:

People who sit in the outside lane and are going just as fast as the cars in the middle lane.

Get out of the f* way.

Eh, strictly speaking no it isn't. If you are driving the maximum legal speed and the vehicle to your left is at the same speed and you cannot overtake it without breaking the speed limit then you are not obliged to slow down and move behind it even if there's a queue of people behind you who are willing to break the speed limit.

The person in the middle lane is probably breaking the law though if they do not move to the left when possible. The Highway Code also states that you should not obstruct vehicles attempting to overtake you; I imagine this includes driving at the same speed as the car that is overtaking you.
  • Options

Personally speaking the zip hole isn't big enough.
    How big is your mouth then? :wink:
  • Options

Personally speaking the zip hole isn't big enough.
    How big is your mouth then? :wink:
    Ha! ;-)
  • Options
    I got a 4K big telly the other week and been a bit busy to look at anything in 4K. So tonight I thought (at 8:30), I'll stick the football on. Not only do I find it's Palace v Arsenal, the glazers are 1 up. UHD will have to be another day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2017
    LuckyReds said:

Absolutely burnt to buggery after watching my brother run the Brighton Marathon yesterday.

It hurt to touch the sheets with my arms and face last night, and my shower this morning was fecking torturous... don't get me started on drying myself afterwards either!

Bloody two tone right now.

The worst bit is that my arms look better than my face and neck.. I thought I was going to get mistaken for a traffic light and stop the traffic today.

(Edit. My arm looks paler when the tweet is embedded on here, wtf is that nonsense about?)
  • Options
    Carter said:

Fiiish said:

Carter said:

Get out of the f* way.

Eh, strictly speaking no it isn't. If you are driving the maximum legal speed and the vehicle to your left is at the same speed and you cannot overtake it without breaking the speed limit then you are not obliged to slow down and move behind it even if there's a queue of people behind you who are willing to break the speed limit.

The person in the middle lane is probably breaking the law though if they do not move to the left when possible. The Highway Code also states that you should not obstruct vehicles attempting to overtake you; I imagine this includes driving at the same speed as the car that is overtaking you.
    It is, we drive on the left in this country. Stay left, more right to overtake and move back left again. Doesn't matter if that's the outside lane or the middle lane. In the case you've chosen, yeah both drivers are in the wrong, that's why the practice is called middle land hogging I suppose.

In Europe, specifically Belgium and Germany the lane discipline is like a symphony. Also a practice I'd love to see adopted over here is they leave their left indicator on to show they are going to move over after overtaking a handful of vehicles. It's more for the benefit of the Germans and the speed limitless autobahn to stop them getting a boot full of impatient M5 or E class but it works.
    The guy in the outside lane is being obstructed by the vehicle in the middle lane, he cannot overtake without breaking the law. He is not in the wrong.
  • Options
    You are stretching me a bit now. So the bloke in the outside lane, how did this situation come about? Was he overtaking then sat there so long someone doing the same speed caught up and cruised along next to him? Or were the ones in the middle lane overtaking something on the inside assuming there are 3 lanes?

I'm not arguing, not really. I'm just struggling to understand the situation that aggravates you when driving. My view is whoever hasn't moved over after overtaking is in the wrong and I'm confident that is the law of the land too

• Options

When your old and have a bag strapped to your leg you'll know the answer to that question
    ;)
  • Options
    Carter said:

You are stretching me a bit now. So the bloke in the outside lane, how did this situation come about? Was he overtaking then sat there so long someone doing the same speed caught up and cruised along next to him? Or were the ones in the middle lane overtaking something on the inside assuming there are 3 lanes?

I'm not arguing, not really. I'm just struggling to understand the situation that aggravates you when driving. My view is whoever hasn't moved over after overtaking is in the wrong and I'm confident that is the law of the land too

Well assume two people who don't want to break the speed limit. The inside lane has a long line of HGVs going at 55-60mph. One car in the middle lane is going at 65mph whilst overtaking the HGVs. A second car approaches the first car from behind at 70mph and moves into the outside lane to overtake. As he does this, the person in the middle lane decides to speed up to 70mph, not allowing the overtaking car to complete his overtake. Both cars are currently in the process of overtaking but the first car is technically in the wrong for taking an action that would make it more difficult for the second car to complete his overtake and, if safe to do so, ought to slow down enough to allow the second to overtake safely. The car in the outside lane has no choice but either to break the speed limit or to wait for the car in the middle lane to slow down so he can complete his overtake. He is not obliged to cancel his overtake and slow down to go back in behind the first car.
  • Options

Get out of the f* way.

Are they driving to the legal limits?
  • Options

Button ups? Quite awkward to drag your member out of.
  • Options
    @LuckyReds or @LuckyRedArms what watch is that?
  • Options
    cabbles said:

ozaddick said:

ozaddick said:

Barista's who do not know the basic fundamentals of making a good coffee. I've not had one decent coffee in the UK.

Out of interest, what are the basic fundamentals of making a good coffee that coffee shop baristas are unaware of?
    I'm not taking the piss, it's a serious question, because I like a nice coffee from a coffee shop, so I'm intrigued as to what these people are doing so wrong and you were somewhat vague in your complaint!
    :smile:
    Oh shit! I've been called out!! ;)

Well my lord, apart from the type of bean used, the ground of the bean is important, too fine and it looses a little of its flavour, to course, and it's bitter.
    The packing of the cup dispenser matters, if it's not packed tightly enough, the water won't pull all the flavour through and the coffee is a bit bland, too tight and you'll not get the whole cup saturated and so you'll lose some taste.

The milk, if possible should be full cream, it heats better, it has less chance of burning, and the air ration from the steam and gives it a better consistency, instead of the milk then froth on the top. More of a creamy texture throughout.

The biggest thing I've found here is heating the milk to much, you can taste a slight sourness to the milk if so, and to top it off you can't drink the bloody thing for 15 minutes!!

Every machine has its own quirks, it's knowing how to get the best out of it.

I hope I've answered your question adequately sir. :)
    Oz having done the upbeats walk with you and seeing you tuck into your 4th strongbow prior to Southend on Saturday I'd have never have guessed this would be one of your bugbears
    It was thirsty work listening to your dating exploits mate! ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What about steak and blow job day?
  • Options
    I'm in Delhi and genuinely appreciated the free upgrade to the spacious one bedroom apartment. Except, that is, at bedtime last night when it took me about 10 minutes to turn the lights off everywhere. The remote control to close the curtains also seemed unnecessary. I can close curtains myself.
  • Options
    The moderators not having moderators next to their names anymore
  • Options
    When the people running the condominium finally agree to repair the damage and repaint your flat as a result of damp damage caused by the leaky roof, and at 4.30PM the contractor tells you you won't be able to stay in your house tonight... Luckily we have a mate with a vacant holiday flat just around the corner.
  • Options

Two things in one,

Today is apparently "official world siblings day"

1. Well, it's not - that's not a thing
    2. How is it "official"... who has certified this as official.

Can we just go back to Christmas and Easter, Valentines if your really must, Mothers/Father Day are fine.

International AIDS Week, Book Day, Ginger Appreciation Day, World Sparrow Day...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_commemorative_days

According to this Wikipedia page, May 28th is "Menstrual Hygiene Day"... Grim. And why?! Is the gift card market really on it's arse that bad?

I like the use of days to spread awareness, like World Mental Health Day or World Suicide Prevention Day.

Steak & BJ and SIblings etc are all bull shite, that I agree with.
  • Options
    I started going through the list and gave up, I found maybe 20 days I would say were important days. I only got to June.