Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options

Burnt Yorkshire puddings when you go out for Sunday lunch.

We only ever go out for Sunday roast when we have to, and until this year we had not done it for about five years, probably longer. Three times we have been out since February and on two occasions, at supposedly upmarket restaurants we have had Yorkshires that were burnt on top. :angry:

I've learnt the hard way but I very very rarely have a roast dinner outside of my home. it's always disappointing and so overpriced. if the yorkshires are great, the meat is usually tough, if the potatoes are great, the veg is often boiled to slop. £13 - £18 these days. I'd rather have a burger in the pub and cook my own roast.

Having said the above, I did have a roast dinner yesterday in a pub in Lamberhurst. they'd sold out of roast lamb (by 3pm!!) but were serving the lamb rump from the mains menu with the roast trimmings. It was about £17 and was nice, if overpriced and the yorkshire was v disappointing.
  • Options

Burnt Yorkshire puddings when you go out for Sunday lunch.

We only ever go out for Sunday roast when we have to, and until this year we had not done it for about five years, probably longer. Three times we have been out since February and on two occasions, at supposedly upmarket restaurants we have had Yorkshires that were burnt on top. :angry:

Probablh using a BBC cook book
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Sky and BT Sport showing replays while the game is going on. Also endless shots of managers, fans, subs, celebs in the crowd also while the ball is in play.

Use the half time break to discuss these nothing incidents.

I pay enough, I want to see all the game live.

Especially annoying when you can hear the live crowd in the background...

i.e. they're showing a boring replay and you can hear the crowd getting passionate about something that is actually happening... Stop showing the latter and show me what the crowd are getting annoyed / excited about.
  • Options
    Exactly.
  • Options

Pointless conversations. For example, where a brief hello / good morning exchange with a passing neighbour or work colleague would suffice, but being forced to go through the painful "how are you / not too bad , how about you / I'm fine / good good " nonsense, lots of pointless meaningless words where a simple hello would do. Also "good good" as an expression, very annoying in itself.

- Did you have a nice weekend?

- Yes lovely thanks, and you?

- Quite a quiet one actually.

- Oh, they're often the best aren't they..

I seem to hear this conversation almost every week.
    Every week would tie in with asking about the weekend tbf
  • Options

The complete lack of excitement I have for this years Grand National due to Peanuts not posting

Agreed. I've not even looked at the runners & I've usually backed about 6 by now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Joking about suicide.

It's just not an acceptable thing to do.
  • Options
    Drivers that accelerate when you are in the process of overtaking them.
  • Options
    The term wifey. I saw it somewhere earlier. Just No!! :-)
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

The term wifey. I saw it somewhere earlier. Just No!! :-)

agreed. pathetic term. Sort of shit you'll hear on MTV
  • Options
    Black cab drivers that think they own London. Just went out at lunch and nearly got knocked down at a zebra crossing by one.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Black cab drivers that think they own London. Just went out at lunch and nearly got knocked down at a zebra crossing by one.

Was being tail-gated by one yesterday that kept trying to undertake me (even though there was no lane to my left, he was trying to find a gap between the curb and me particularly at points where the road widened at junctions or if there was a bike lane) because I wasn't driving fast enough into the back of the tanker that was in front of it. Once a bus lane appeared he went twice the speed limit down it to undertake both the tanker and me. Utter idiot.
  • Options
    Whilst we're on cars...

People who don't know what the lines in the middle of the road mean.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When a window pops up right in the middle of the screen on ITV player asking if you want it to install something from there on your computer, and it asks if you agree or not. If you disagree the window just keeps reappearing until you click on agree. Why bother asking? Crap flogging wankers.
  • Options

When a window pops up right in the middle of the screen on ITV player asking if you want it to install something from there on your computer, and it asks if you agree or not. If you disagree the window just keeps reappearing until you click on agree. Why bother asking? Crap flogging wankers.

Imagine if you had to pay a fee to watch it
  • Options

Imagine if you had to pay a fee to watch it
    I went fishing, and caught me a big one... :smiley:
  • Options
    Anybody who looks or sounds like a certain scouser at this moment in time, thankfully I live in SA so not many of those around
  • Options
    When you're five minutes into a TV show and there are still cast and production staff names flashing up at the bottom. It's annoying, I don't need to know who one of the five producers was whilst the plot is being set up. If only there was somewhere at the end of the episode where all the people involved could receive the credit they deserve, wouldn't that be a novel idea.
  • Options
    Not in my name
  • Options

Pointless conversations. For example, where a brief hello / good morning exchange with a passing neighbour or work colleague would suffice, but being forced to go through the painful "how are you / not too bad , how about you / I'm fine / good good " nonsense, lots of pointless meaningless words where a simple hello would do. Also "good good" as an expression, very annoying in itself.

- Did you have a nice weekend?

- Yes lovely thanks, and you?

- Quite a quiet one actually.

- Oh, they're often the best aren't they..

I seem to hear this conversation almost every week.
    Are you Tony Watt?