Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    The twat, who yesterday decided to stop to let cars out of the Tesco car park at Welling train station while the traffic light were green, resulting in me being stuck in a yellow box. Waiting for the ticket.
  • Options

Despite our clocks going forward we are still an hour behind most of the rest of Europe.
    I thought we changed our clocks for the benefit of a few Scottish farmers? Why does the rest of Europe do it?

To stay ahead of the UK. It's competitive.
  • Options
    An appearance of mushy peas, no thanks go and do it again, and yes I'll have a free drink.
  • Options
    Driving down the m3 today 15 miles of roadworks, but not one single workman.
  • Options
    90 minutes of Brexit related QT tonight on BBC. Not even late either, right in the middle of prime time tv. Jank.
  • Options
    Women on the train that dont. Stop. Talking. All. The. Way. To. London.
  • Options

Despite our clocks going forward we are still an hour behind most of the rest of Europe.
    I thought we changed our clocks for the benefit of a few Scottish farmers? Why does the rest of Europe do it?

We stand in solidarity with Blighty!
  • Options

It started in Nov 14 and is now 4 months over schedule and is clearly some way from completion. The fact that the roadworks are happening is great if the smart motorway principle works - no complaints there. The issue is the fact that the roadworks (and therefore speed restrictions) are 15 miles long. There must be a better way of completing sections at a time so that the inconvenience is limited, rather than the 30 minute ball ache it has been every morning and evening for the last two and a half years.
  • Options

why don't the scottish farmers just adjust their working ours to fit the available daylight instead of inconveniencing the rest of us?
    I presume once they are independent we will abandon this whole system......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It started in Nov 14 and is now 4 months over schedule and is clearly some way from completion. The fact that the roadworks are happening is great if the smart motorway principle works - no complaints there. The issue is the fact that the roadworks (and therefore speed restrictions) are 15 miles long. There must be a better way of completing sections at a time so that the inconvenience is limited, rather than the 30 minute ball ache it has been every morning and evening for the last two and a half years.
    Dreadful... The issue i have is you rarely see anyone working. If you do its just two or thrree workmen. The government are trrying to bring in a 6 mile rule.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Re: Daylight Savings Time

Look at the below graph. It shows where the daylight is given the shifted hours. If you want to look at where the daylight would be if we did not skip forward an hour in Summer, follow the white line. People generally prefer to be active later rather than earlier and as long as people get daylight by 8am, most people are happy. We can't do much about the fact the shortest day tends to only have daylight from 8am to 4pm but we cannot do much about that. However if we didn't shift the hour forward, we would end up have daylight from around 5am to 7pm for most of Summer, when most people would rather have it from 6am to 8pm. Hardly anyone is active between the hours of 4am and 6am, whereas loads of people are still driving and active between 6pm and 8pm. Studies also indicate there is a link between increased daylight and a reduction in traffic accidents.

Scotland is worse affected due it being further north than the rest of the UK. However it isn't just for the benefit of farmers, it helps ensure that children aren't having to go to school when it is still pitch black. Anyone who suggests moving the start of the school day back to 10 or 11am clearly has no experience with either being a working parent or the fact that children generally like to get up as early as possible.

I once played golf for 24 hours in the north of scotland and it was total daylight during that time in the summer months...
  • Options
    Lol i am but all for charity
  • Options

Fiiish said:

Re: Daylight Savings Time

Look at the below graph. It shows where the daylight is given the shifted hours. If you want to look at where the daylight would be if we did not skip forward an hour in Summer, follow the white line. People generally prefer to be active later rather than earlier and as long as people get daylight by 8am, most people are happy. We can't do much about the fact the shortest day tends to only have daylight from 8am to 4pm but we cannot do much about that. However if we didn't shift the hour forward, we would end up have daylight from around 5am to 7pm for most of Summer, when most people would rather have it from 6am to 8pm. Hardly anyone is active between the hours of 4am and 6am, whereas loads of people are still driving and active between 6pm and 8pm. Studies also indicate there is a link between increased daylight and a reduction in traffic accidents.

Scotland is worse affected due it being further north than the rest of the UK. However it isn't just for the benefit of farmers, it helps ensure that children aren't having to go to school when it is still pitch black. Anyone who suggests moving the start of the school day back to 10 or 11am clearly has no experience with either being a working parent or the fact that children generally like to get up as early as possible.

I once played golf for 24 hours in the north of scotland and it was total daylight during that time in the summer months...
    You must have been very far north but yeah the upside of having little daylight in winter is having loads of daylight in the summer.

There are parts of Scandinavia that can experience days of either no direct sunlight or always being able to see the sun.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    The Sky News’ Brexit countdown clock (which currently stands at 730 days, 17 hours, 23 minutes and 8 seconds).

If any one thing was to remind you of the tortuous, repetitive, tedious reporting ahead. Oh btw only 730 days, 17 hours, 21 minutes and 43 seconds to go ...
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    The Combogesic advert. Has ensured I never want to buy their product
  • Options
    Trump's undoing of Obama's climate change legislation.
    Bad news for the planet.
    I was hoping that he'd forget this election pledge.
  • Options
    Rochdale losing to wimbledon last night fuckers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The Sky News’ Brexit countdown clock (which currently stands at 730 days, 17 hours, 23 minutes and 8 seconds).

If any one thing was to remind you of the tortuous, repetitive, tedious reporting ahead. Oh btw only 730 days, 17 hours, 21 minutes and 43 seconds to go ...

I heard @ValleyGary 's got one in his bedroom as well
  • Options

Not knowing what way Rothko voted on the EU Referendum

Typical brexit/baby boomer idiot comment
  • Options
    BBC News talking to a different random Eastern European virtualy every day to ask how Brexit is going to negatively affect them. Note they ain't stopping them randomly in the street, just in case they find a couple in favour of Brexit like they did before the vote.
  • Options
    TfL - rail replacement bus service at forest hill. Means jumping on 122 to lewisham (they come once a century) to get the train to Charlton to try and meet the 31 year man at the valley cafe for 9.30 ahead of Peterborough

It's currently 08.51 train leaves lewisham at 08.57 and I'm just outside what was Beatties

Ain't gonna happen
  • Options
    Also can't get full version of the site on my mobile - I shall complain to the moderators :wink:
  • Options

I'm sure it's been mentioned previous years but why are people so quick to shout April Fools?

Someone goes to the effort of making a really intricate story, lots of detail, then 25 seconds later, first comment/reply "what's the date" or "April fools"

Really? You worked out fairys are not really running the brexit negotiations via mind control? Quick tell everyone you worked it out all by yourself.
    "April Fools!!!"

Why?

Is it that hard to play along or even to simply ignore it.

I've quoted this every year since I first posted it in 2013
    rina said:

people who every year try to show off how clever they are by posting 'april fool' or similar after every attempted april fool on the internet. it's not clever, it's irritating and it ruins everyone elses fun as it doesn't allow us to laugh at the more gullible people who would otherwise fall for the joke