Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:

Also can't get full version of the site on my mobile - I shall complain to the moderators :wink:

I've had this problem for a couple days too.
  • Options

The BBC

Once they find a winning programme, they then ruin it by going overboard with spin offs!

So we now have bloody endless boring cooking, gardening,pottery,sewing,interior design, home building programmes etc,etc.,

Luckily none of the other networks ever does this at all, do they...
  • Options

The BBC

Once they find a winning programme, they then ruin it by going overboard with spin offs!

So we now have bloody endless boring cooking, gardening,pottery,sewing,interior design, home building programmes etc,etc.,

Luckily none of the other networks ever does this at all, do they...
    I know they do but as I rarely watch any of the other networks, it was the Beeb who sprang to mind.
  • Options
    BBC Final Score, specifically in relation to switching from the red button to BBC1 midway through matches. Today they switched at the end of half time, usually they do it at the even more ludicrous time of 4.30.

They then spend the first five minutes on BBC1 recapping what's happened so far, presumably for the benefit of the hoards of their viewers who refuse in principal to watch anything on the red button and will only take an interest in football scores when they are being broadcast on a proper BBC channel.

Ridiculous. Am only tolerating it this week because Chris Powell's on there.
  • Options
    Adverts on the BBC website, and having to watch them before any news clip can be played. Don't they make enough dough harassing folk out of the 'licence' fee?

The best thing on the BBC is the program on a Saturday / Sunday morning, where members of the public moan about how shit the BBC is, compulsive viewing
  • Options

Adverts on the BBC website, and having to watch them before any news clip can be played. Don't they make enough dough harassing folk out of the 'licence' fee?

The best thing on the BBC is the program on a Saturday / Sunday morning, where members of the public moan about how shit the BBC is, compulsive viewing

Adverts are only on the BBC website for users outside the UK, and rightfully so IMO
    Racist if you ask me, and smacks of divide and rule
    No, it's just a part of Bbexit. That is, BBCs exit from Europe.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Adverts are only on the BBC website for users outside the UK, and rightfully so IMO
    Racist if you ask me, and smacks of divide and rule
    No, it's just a part of Bbexit. That is, BBCs exit from Europe.
    Oh, so that's why they're so biased.

Are the Beeb leaving Europe as well as the EU? They ain't going New Dheli are they?
  • Options
    People who don't pay a licence fee complaining about the BBC ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2017

Again, I would need to watch BBC1, BBC2, CBeebies, BBC News Channel, Radio 1, Radio 2, Radio 3, Asian Network and World Service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, simultaneously over 4 TVs and 5 Radios, for the next 126 years to get what I consider to be value for the money I have already spent on the licence for over the 13 / 14 years that I paid it.
  • Options

Again, I would need to watch BBC1, BBC2, CBeebies, BBC News Channel, Radio 1, Radio 2, Radio 3, Asian Network and World Service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, simultaneously over 4 TVs and 5 Radios, for the next 126 years to get what I consider to be value for the money I have already spent on the licence for over the 13 / 14 years that I paid it.
  • Options
    Big Rob...
  • Options

What's John Simpson got to do with the price of coal?
  • Options

• Options

Oh, David Attenborough. He still don't make up for the shitness of the Beeb I'm affraid
  • Options

Quite a lot as it turns out?

http://uk.showmelocal.com/profile.aspx?bid=20868273
  • Options

Overused away kits

Arsenal v Man City earlier. Absolutely no need for City to wear their away kit v Arsenal.

Now watching Napoli v Juventus, both teams playing in their away kits.
    Napoli in predominantly white instead of their usual blue and Juventus in blue instead of their usual white and black.

And the Jocks wearing pink against England at Wembley. Ridiculous.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I suggest you trim the grass with a pair of kitchen scissors. You can do it blade by blade that way.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I suggest you trim the grass with a pair of kitchen scissors. You can do it blade by blade that way.

The Roland Dutchatelet way. Cheap, long, onerous, back breaking and demoralising
    I believe that Two Shats does his lawn by covering it in duck tape and then whipping it away quickly like a wax strip on a bikini line.
  • Options
    Having to type in my email address / password using a tv remote and it takes about 2 weeks then realise I've got the password wrong and have to start again. TV remotes should have slide out key boards.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Quite a lot as it turns out?

http://uk.showmelocal.com/profile.aspx?bid=20868273
    Isn't it the price of fish?
  • Options
    Pointless conversations. For example, where a brief hello / good morning exchange with a passing neighbour or work colleague would suffice, but being forced to go through the painful "how are you / not too bad , how about you / I'm fine / good good " nonsense, lots of pointless meaningless words where a simple hello would do. Also "good good" as an expression, very annoying in itself.
  • Options
    Burnt Yorkshire puddings when you go out for Sunday lunch.

We only ever go out for Sunday roast when we have to, and until this year we had not done it for about five years, probably longer. Three times we have been out since February and on two occasions, at supposedly upmarket restaurants we have had Yorkshires that were burnt on top. :angry: