Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    IdleHans said:

IdleHans said:

Being pleased when I think of something that annoys me so I can put it on here. That annoys me.

When you thought of that one, were you pleased? And then annoyed again? :smiley:
    Absolutely this. It's an inescapable nightmare now.
    Haha!
    Have you posted:
    "Thinking of something to put on the 'General things that annoy you' thread"
    onto the 'General things that please you' thread?
    :cold_sweat:
  • Options
    Dear god, that hadn't occurred to me. It's twice as bad as I thought!
  • Options

People who use the word your when they mean you're!

Your right about that.
    Arrrrrrrgh!
  • Options
    When you're twenty minutes from the end of a busy as fook twelve hour shift and two cons decide to start battering each other. Not only have you got to sort them out but you've got to bang up a hundred others who are pissed off at being put behind their doors early. Then you've got an hours worth of paperwork to do before you can finally get off. And to cap it all I got claret on my shirt which was clean on this morning.
  • Options

When you're twenty minutes from the end of a busy as fook twelve hour shift and two cons decide to start battering each other. Not only have you got to sort them out but you've got to bang up a hundred others who are pissed off at being put behind their doors early. Then you've got an hours worth of paperwork to do before you can finally get off. And to cap it all I got claret on my shirt which was clean on this morning.

Couldn't you have just given them some spice?
  • Options

I'm well up for doing a bit of spice!
  • Options

Help yourself but when you see lads in a dribbling mess and they haven't got a clue who they are or what day it is it kind of puts you off.
  • Options

Help yourself but when you see lads in a dribbling mess and they haven't got a clue who they are or what day it is it kind of puts you off.
    It was seeing them like that on the tv the other day that got me interested!
  • Options
    People who exaggerate are a million times more annoying than other people
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It was seeing them like that on the tv the other day that got me interested!

Stick to K mate.
  • Options

People who exaggerate are a million times more annoying than other people

?
  • Options
    Sutton united making the fifth round of the FA Cup, playing out their skin and the side show is a fat goalie eating a pie.
  • Options

Sutton united making the fifth round of the FA Cup, playing out their skin and the side show is a fat goalie eating a pie.

All seemed a bit staged and cringe worthy
  • Options
    Seen a couple news outlets going with this story... "Theo Walcott proves he is a class act after the Sutton game" - Really? Is it 'classy'? I think most people in his position would meet with the Sutton players and have a chat and sign autographs, he's just being polite. Hardly newsworthy.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

'Banter' staged by The Sun has to feature highly. And anything put out to be deliberately viral on social media.
  • Options

'Banter' staged by The Sun has to feature highly. And anything put out to be deliberately viral on social media.
    Was the pie sponsored by the Sun?
  • Options

According to Twitter they advertised an 8/1 promotional bet offer on the guy being spotted on TV eating a pie.
  • Options

According to Twitter they advertised an 8/1 promotional bet offer on the guy being spotted on TV eating a pie.
    Ahhh gotcha
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    s
    MrLargo said:

Nicole Shitsinger is back with another cringeworthy, excessively irritating Muller yoghurt advert.

How many more times can she eat a bloody yoghurt, fall over and then do a stupid giggle?
  • Options

s

MrLargo said:

Nicole Shitsinger is back with another cringeworthy, excessively irritating Muller yoghurt advert.

How many more times can she eat a bloody yoghurt, fall over and then do a stupid giggle?
    I scramble for the remote anytime those ads come on. Sometimes I don't make it in time.
  • Options
    Replacing GU10 light bulbs.

I don't know if it is me or just the light fitting in my kitchen but I can't seem to get them out without breaking them. Then I have to use pliers to get the base out and then struggle to get the new light bulb in.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

s

MrLargo said:

Exactly mate. Maybe I just don't understand how advertising works. Surely there can't be anyone in the civilised world who sees the start of that advert and says to themself "Oh great, I love this advert, it's so funny when she falls over whilst eating a yoghurt. I must go and buy some Muller yoghurt, maybe I'll fall over whilst eating it. That would be hilarious."

I can only think that, as a German brand, whilst most of their countrymen have moved on and are now able to tell decent jokes as well as making excellent cars, the Muller executive board are the last remaining relics of the era when Germany was renound for having a terrible sense of humour, and they do actually think that this is a really funny advert.

Anyway, due to the distress that their adverts have caused me, I will never, ever by a Muller product again and I am urging friends and family to also boycott this evil product. It's Yoplait and Petit Filous for me from now on. Swivel on that Muller.
    You have hit the nail on the head. The reason behind adverts is to get you to remember the name, which you have. Does not have to be good, in fact the more irritating the better, as people remember them more
  • Options
    BT.
    Our phone line and broadband went down on Friday afternoon. It's definitely external to our property as no signal is being received and we had no problems for the last year. All our hardware are BT products.

Gripe 1. Arranging an appointment for an engineer. Booked appointment 1 for Monday morning. This was cancelled and they left a message on my mobile. They asked us to text to arrange a convenient time to talk. Unfortunately the number they gave us to contact does not accept text messages. Tried calling but it was an automated message stating customer services would be in touch. They didn't get back to us.
    Booked appointment 2, for this morning, through website. Wife received a text message yesterday stating that someone would phone within 5 minutes. No one called. Wife waited in all morning today. No engineer arrived. I called customer services to arrange a third engineer appointment. All seemed to go well and I will be waiting tomorrow for them to arrive. Received an automated email confirming the appointment. The only issue is that the house address stated in email was an old address we moved out of 18 months ago! Not hopeful.

Gripe 2. If it turns out the fault is within the boundary of our property then we will be charged £125 for the engineer visit. Despite the fact all our products and installation were provided by BT!
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

BT.
    Our phone line and broadband went down on Friday afternoon. It's definitely external to our property as no signal is being received and we had no problems for the last year. All our hardware are BT products.

Gripe 1. Arranging an appointment for an engineer. Booked appointment 1 for Monday morning. This was cancelled and they left a message on my mobile. They asked us to text to arrange a convenient time to talk. Unfortunately the number they gave us to contact does not accept text messages. Tried calling but it was an automated message stating customer services would be in touch. They didn't get back to us.
    Booked appointment 2, for this morning, through website. Wife received a text message yesterday stating that someone would phone within 5 minutes. No one called. Wife waited in all morning today. No engineer arrived. I called customer services to arrange a third engineer appointment. All seemed to go well and I will be waiting tomorrow for them to arrive. Received an automated email confirming the appointment. The only issue is that the house address stated in email was an old address we moved out of 18 months ago! Not hopeful.

Gripe 2. If it turns out the fault is within the boundary of our property then we will be charged £125 for the engineer visit. Despite the fact all our products and installation were provided by BT!

Did you do the internal checks on the house wiring before calling them. We've just had the same problem with BT, by the way its £129. :(