Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    That Foster's "held my breath for nine minutes" thing. Try 10 minutes with my foot on your head you bell
  • Options
    That Betvictor's "betboost" offer ALWAYS loses
  • Options
    The constant overuse of the word "iconic"
  • Options
    60 minute make over. I can't put a door handle on in an hour but they manage a whole house.
    It's a nonsense.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Bar men who turn round from the till to a packed bar and ask 'Who's next?'

It's your job to know, twat.

( I seem to become invisible when I'm holding a £20 note)

This winds me up so much. Everyone at the bar is usually partially aware of what order they are in but there's always a couple chancers who will happily jump to the front if the barman says 'who's next?'. It's not that hard to keep an eye on it.

• Options

IdleHans said:

Bar men who turn round from the till to a packed bar and ask 'Who's next?'

It's your job to know, twat.

( I seem to become invisible when I'm holding a £20 note)

This winds me up so much. Everyone at the bar is usually partially aware of what order they are in but there's always a couple chancers who will happily jump to the front if the barman says 'who's next?'. It's not that hard to keep an eye on it.

You wouldn't be invisible in my bar.
    Back in my student days I took pride in being a very, very good barman.
    A big part of this is always keeping a good idea of who is next. The thing is, it's really not that hard. The most difficult times are when the bar is really packed, and even then you just need to take a methodical approach. (Typewriter method: start at one end, work along, return to start. Piece of piss.)
    I used to work in Creation Nightclub in Brighton and that place got absolutely heaving on a Friday and Saturday night. The only people at my bar who complained about not getting served in good time were the arseholes who tried to push in. Interestingly, when a gobby twat tries this on and you point out that "these five people" (pointing each one out) will be served first, the public tend to find their voice and tell the muggy prat to have some manners. They also appreciate being identified as next up, so they're happier to wait. Some of them manage to dig a bit deeper for a tip too. :smiley:

It's really not rocket science. Maybe I should teach this instead of maths! :wink:
  • Options
    People in international hotel buffet breakfasts.
    Sneezing, coughing, fingering, and not in a nice way, pushing in and generally treating the whole feast as their personal meal.
    Mainly Russians.
  • Options
    Tourists in the spas in Budapest who bring in their waterproof smartphones and stay on them tapping away for hours on end, answering phone calls and loudly discussing each call with their friends, often just under the 'Silence Please' signs.
    Chinese, almost exclusively.
    FFS, just relax.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    When you're in a meeting and the person next to you is Ill.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    T.C.E said:

My missus phoning me from the toilet of a train to Manchester in tears telling me some bloke taking up half the seat on the train, reading Razzle with one hand and the other hand down the front of his strides. The remnants of a takeaway down the front of shirt and staring at her sister. WTF, am I meant to do about it. ;)

Sorry, are you just showing off that your wife's sister is in Razzle?
    ;-)
  • Options

Tourists in the spas in Budapest who bring in their waterproof smartphones and stay on them tapping away for hours on end, answering phone calls and loudly discussing each call with their friends, often just under the 'Silence Please' signs.
    Chinese, almost exclusively.
    FFS, just relax.

Hold them under.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Take it that you have learned from the experience IH?
  • Options
    The Ninja Warrior anticlimax
  • Options
    The Nationwide "northerners talking bollocks" adverts
  • Options

IdleHans said:

Take it that you have learned from the experience IH?
    The week I learn from it is the week it wins.
  • Options
    £70 group bet on Charlton to win and +10 corners...11 corners and we go 2-1, quick heads up on whether we should cash out on £300 for a 'lively trip home'...oh they've equalised
  • Options
    David Prutton
    He invokes every northern prejudice I can possibly summon
  • Options
    When using pay pass ( it may be called something else there) with your credit card and the shop/ restaurant/ lady of the night don't show you the card machine as they tap, so you have to ask for a receipt to check they haven't added a nought on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Swerve said:

£70 group bet on Charlton to win and +10 corners...11 corners and we go 2-1, quick heads up on whether we should cash out on £300 for a 'lively trip home'...oh they've equalised

Any charlton bet that is winning and a cash out is possible - means you must cash out.
    THIS THIS THIS THIS
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Swerve said:

Any charlton bet that is winning and a cash out is possible - means you must cash out.
    THIS THIS THIS THIS
    I had £5 on 1-1 @13/2. It went to 1-1, the cash out was £15 & whilst I was thinking about it we went 1-2 up.
  • Options
    Being pleased when I think of something that annoys me so I can put it on here. That annoys me.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Being pleased when I think of something that annoys me so I can put it on here. That annoys me.

When you thought of that one, were you pleased? And then annoyed again? :smiley:
  • Options
    People who use the word your when they mean you're!
  • Options

People who use the word your when they mean you're!

Your right about that.
  • Options
    Now and know till couple of years ago
  • Options
    edited February 2017

IdleHans said:

When you thought of that one, were you pleased? And then annoyed again? :smiley:
    Absolutely this. It's an inescapable nightmare now.