Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Chris Packham
  • LuckyReds said:

these fucking vape things

1.) it looks ridiculous walking round sucking on some sort of electrical box
    2.) the burst of smoke is annoying

we get it you vape.

It's torn me a little, but I've got to agree with you... even though I'm puffing a way at the moment.

For me, I like it because (a) it tastes nicer than stale smoke, and only now do I actually recognise that, (b) I've actually felt physically quite a bit better.

On the other hand though...

- I look at some of the utter cocks that seem to make it in to some kind of sport, and it's all about how much vape they can blow.. I'm always quite discreet, and find the thought of being blatant quite embarrassing.

- Even though it's nicer than smoke, it doesn't mean I want it blown at my face.. water vapour is heavier than air, so it naturally ends up dropping low; so simply blow it at the ground FFS.

- The shops are an utter cringe-fest of blokes old enough to know better, but haven't been able to grow out of their skater boy phase. Overweight chaps, complete with beard, sipping energy drinks, wearing cargo shorts and using the place like most normal people use a bar.

- People spending £200+ on an array of tweaks and add-ons. I'm definitely a gadget guy, I build DIY electronics shit for fun and perv over smartwatches. I'm also an overpaid gadget guy, in my mid twenties with no real responsibilities or commitments. But come on, f*ck me - £200 to suck on R2D2's cock?
    i think its the shops that are half the problem aswell and the fucking names of some of them this is an example "ASPIRE QUAD-FLEX SURVIVAL KIT" give me a pack of b&h silver any day.
  • Not so much annoy... More something I hate.

Nipped into Tesco this morning and the escalator ramps werent working... Its just normal ground to walk on yet every time I step on to the ramp when its not working, it feels really weird (like a little stumble) for a few steps before getting my footing!!

Nipped into Tesco this morning and the escalator ramps werent working... Its just normal ground to walk on yet every time I step on to the ramp when its not working, it feels really weird (like a little stumble) for a few steps before getting my footing!!

That's morning drinking for you mate...
  • clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Unions

Never benefited from their existence then I take it?
    No Mr keston
    You're smarter than that, I'm sure.
  • cabbles said:

I think bus (185) from end of my road to Victoria and 36 (if not too busy) to Paddington. Thanks for the suggestions though

Ended up walking from Millbank in the end
  • If we get snow then the road and rail system will be in chaos because they weren't expecting it.
  • iaitch said:

If we get snow then the road and rail system will be in chaos because they weren't expecting it.

This really annoys me and I was talking about it when I got my hair cut on Saturday

It never snows here in the South of England so it always is impossible to predict when it'll show its ugly face, I cant actually remember the last time it snowed in London / Kent... Because of that how do you prepare for something that might not turn up this year?

Yes we could invest in £100k (?) snow ploughs to help out yet if we did that and got no snow for 5-years, everyone would moan that we've invested X amount of money into something that was pointless and could have been spelt elsewhere - Ah but we should learn from Russia or Germany, they get snow every year so know how to deal with it... Yes thats the main point, they DO get snow every year so have the infrastructure to deal with and know that when weather reports say that snow is on the way, it truly is on the way!!
  • I agree we don't get much snow around London but when snow is forecast in the next week the council isn't ready with the gritting lorries and the railway points get frozen up.

• Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:

I agree we don't get much snow around London but when snow is forecast in the next week the council isn't ready with the gritting lorries and the railway points get frozen up.

Because, as FA wrote, they don't want to invest £££££ in gritting lorries, piles of grit and places to store said lorries and grit for something that probably wont happen. Ditto heated railway points (although as private companies, they should).
  • Dont need to worry about snow disrupting the railway signals / points though... Any weather appears to do that easily enough
  • I think they should invest in whatever is needed to keep the trains running through snow, ice, leaves, whatever.

Disruptions to 100,000's of commuters is not acceptable. We all pay a lot for our tickets & a lot in taxes, as do our employers.

So we may not get a foot of snow very often, we get delays to trains due to a variety of weather conditions every year.....
  • Ricky Gervais and his bloody guitar, just.fcuk.off
  • Greenie said:

Ricky Gervais and his bloody guitar, just.fcuk.off

I paid to watch the film on virgin and it was just awful.
    I was expecting a cross between The Office and Spinal Tap, safe to say it fell more than a little short....
  • edited January 2017
    People who bring plants as a gift for your home. All they do is take up precious bin space.
  • Greenie said:

Ricky Gervais - just fcuk off

Fixed it for you
  • clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Unions

Never benefited from their existence then I take it?
    No Mr keston
    You're smarter than that, I'm sure.
    Mr keston the unions probably do a very good job for their members I find it annoying though that half the time they hold the public to ransom.
    Stig thanks for your concern but am currently working.
  • iaitch said:

If we get snow then the road and rail system will be in chaos because they weren't expecting it.

Yeah and some poor greedy a'holes will probably have to miss out on some planned strike actions....

I saw something about this recently and it's because your brain is used to seeing the escalator moving and immediately prepares your body for stepping on a moving object.
  • Sponsored links:

• I am a passionate hater of Halifax Building Society adverts and they've done it again with the Scooby Doo and Shaggy crap fest.

Where is the correlation between an institution that looks after your money and The Flintstones, Top Cat and now Scooby effing Doo?
  • Macronate said:

I am a passionate hater of Halifax Building Society adverts and they've done it again with the Scooby Doo and Shaggy crap fest.

Where is the correlation between an institution that looks after your money and The Flintstones, Top Cat and now Scooby effing Doo?

They are an improvement on that singing cunt they had a few years ago!
  • Macronate said:

I am a passionate hater of Halifax Building Society adverts and they've done it again with the Scooby Doo and Shaggy crap fest.

That's like saying Stalin was a more reasonable man than Hitler
  • Macronate said:

Be fair, that would have been entertaining. I think though, that you're referring to Howard.

• Reading Station.

The every track along the entire platform length is just covered with human waste in various states of decomposition. Not one or two number twos, but an entire multi-track carpeting.

What happened 'do not use whilst in station'? Why are British railways still using victorian waste disposal methods?

Disgusting.
  • Macronate said:

I think you are missing the middle east connection.
    Remember the money lenders in Dubai dont like the Flintstones, but the providers in Abu Dhabi do.
  • Macronate said:

I think you are missing the middle east connection.
    Remember the money lenders in Dubai dont like the Flintstones, but the providers in Abu Dhabi do.
    Get out. OUT!
  • Reading Station.

The every track along the entire platform length is just covered with human waste in various states of decomposition. Not one or two number twos, but an entire multi-track carpeting.

What happened 'do not use whilst in station'? Why are British railways still using victorian waste disposal methods?

Disgusting.

Never noticed, too busy looking at the numbers on the trains.
  • edited January 2017
    Meryl Streep
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!