Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Macronate said:

I am a passionate hater of Halifax Building Society adverts and they've done it again with the Scooby Doo and Shaggy crap fest.

Where is the correlation between an institution that looks after your money and The Flintstones, Top Cat and now Scooby effing Doo?

I think you are missing the middle east connection.
    Remember the money lenders in Dubai dont like the Flintstones, but the providers in Abu Dhabi do.
    This joke hasn't got anywhere near the recognition it deserves.
    Because it is old and posted before?
  • edited January 2017
    MrOneLung said:

Macronate said:

I am a passionate hater of Halifax Building Society adverts and they've done it again with the Scooby Doo and Shaggy crap fest.

Where is the correlation between an institution that looks after your money and The Flintstones, Top Cat and now Scooby effing Doo?

I think you are missing the middle east connection.
    Remember the money lenders in Dubai dont like the Flintstones, but the providers in Abu Dhabi do.
    This joke hasn't got anywhere near the recognition it deserves.
    Because it is old and posted before? fucking awful
    Edited to get to the point
  • beer at over 5.00 a pint
  • Fucking ponces on the train.
  • Diets, hand-wringing, media 'advice' and general angst, every January, year after year after year.
    January: Lose weight! Go to the gym! Buy this potion!, etc.
    February to December: Consume! Fill your fridge and cupboards with crap.
  • Diets, hand-wringing, media 'advice' and general angst, every January, year after year after year.
    February to December: Consume! Fill your fridge and cupboards with crap.

Yes modern society is a joke sometimes. For me it's the excess of everything. I can't stand deliveroo. Exploiting workers so people can indulge in getting something more upmarket as opposed to their local takeaway. It's fucking self indulgence at the highest level. These fads then cascade down and people are suddenly willing to spend £50 on a meal for two as a takeaway, when the company screw over their 'self employed' workforce.

I digress from your original point slightly but it's all linked to greed
  • Indeed. (Often - but not always - the situation is one of greedy producers and ignorant consumers - the latter confused and willing to be herded by an ignorant mass media that is largely subservient to the producers).
  • Sponsored links:

• Got given a Cineworld Gift-Card (£20) after my wedding and finally decided to book something with it last night only to find that for an Adult ticket its £10.24, meaning that 48p had to go on my bloody bank card!!

Seriously just make it £10 if your going to do Gift Cards etc...
  • Got given a Cineworld Gift-Card (£20) after my wedding and finally decided to book something with it last night only to find that for an Adult ticket its £10.24, meaning that 48p had to go on my bloody bank card!!

Seriously just make it £10 if your going to do Gift Cards etc...

Or do gift cards for £10.24.

Their pricing has clearly been done by an IT geek.
  • Having boring old fartdom absolutely confirmed by not being able to see any positives about snow
  • BBC having their weather reporter stood on Primrose Hill in the howling wind and snow, hood covering face, giving the forecast, cutting to photos of snowy gardens and weather graphics. WHAT IS THE POINT IN HER BEING THERE?!?!?
  • 4 hours to do a journey of 45 minutes to an hour all because of snow!

I suppose snow is alright if you don't have to get to work or otherwise travel!

How many of us are in that situation though?

• More amusing than annoying
    But some people just don't have a clue how to drive in snow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Reading Station.

The every track along the entire platform length is just covered with human waste in various states of decomposition. Not one or two number twos, but an entire multi-track carpeting.

What happened 'do not use whilst in station'? Why are British railways still using victorian waste disposal methods?

Disgusting.

Seems that "Let the train take the strain" is alive and well in Reading!
  • Hysteria in the London media about a bit of frost, coupled with a slight sense of disappointment that these artic conditions haven't caused more disruption.
  • Parents asking on Facebook if their kids school is open or not.
  • bbob said:

Hysteria in the London media about a bit of frost, coupled with a slight sense of disappointment that these artic conditions haven't caused more disruption.

This.
    It was 2 inches of snow that fell over the the course of a couple of hours.
    We appear to have a generation of complete Nancys running the media at the moment, how the hell would we win 2 world wars with some of the bed wetters that are around now?
  • Parents asking on Facebook if their kids school is open or not.

Saves them from getting out of bed I suppose

• The way Steve Bruce speaks English.

• Modern banners at football

Chelsea 'fans' with their crayon and glitter made signs

Liverpool fans with 'witty' essays on a banner

Arsenal fans with their banner to the dogs of Sanchez

Anything dreamt up by the Palace 'lads'

• Shopping trolleys left in the middle of a parking space for me to take back before i can park anywhere, lazy feckers.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!