Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• stonemuse said:

James Bond, pile of shit

I still enjoy the old bond films, not overly keen on the new ones.

I'm the opposite, hated the old ones, really enjoyed the last two.
    Yeh. The Daniel Craig films are much closer to the books. And not having plump middle aged Scotsmen pretending to be well-honed young athletes is a bonus.
    You've seen the highland games too then
  • stonemuse said:

James Bond, pile of shit

Yeh. The Daniel Craig films are much closer to the books. And not having plump middle aged Scotsmen pretending to be well-honed young athletes is a bonus.
    You've seen the highland games too then
    I thought he was talking about me to be fair
  • When you're not quite caught up on a lengthy competition series but catch the eventual winner holding the trophy aloft as you are catching up on another programme that followed the final. Annoying.
  • stonemuse said:

James Bond, pile of shit

He was between 31 and 37 in five films, and an ancient 41 in the last proper one he appeared in. The character in the books was mid to late thirties. But you choose the other film to define Connery's Bond by? That generally annoys me. But not as much as everything else annoys Rob, I'll admit... :smiley:
  • stonemuse said:

James Bond, pile of shit

He was between 31 and 37 in five films, and an ancient 41 in the last proper one he appeared in. The character in the books was mid to late thirties. But you choose the other film to define Connery's Bond by? That generally annoys me. But not as much as everything else annoys Rob, I'll admit... :smiley:
    Also, Daniel Craig was 37 when he did his first Bond film and is 48 now. He may be more honed than Connery was, but he fits far more comfortably into the 'middle aged' bracket. :smile:
  • The winter bug that has brought misery and devastation (well, snot) to my house this Yuletide
  • Applying for a job that you really like the look of, only to find out that there are 500 other applicants for the same role.
  • Just been called a fun sucker.
    I'd depress a dead person at a funeral.
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't know about annoy more like scary
    Trainspotting 2 advert
    How you been doing for twenty years.
    F@ck me 20 years time will be 62.
  • clb74 said:

Just been called a fun sucker.

I thought that was a spoonerism until I read it again.
  • clb74 said:

Just been called a fun sucker.

Could be worse, you could have been called a Sun fucker. Kelvin Mackenzie gets that all the time.
  • cabbles said:

Watching allardyce on sky sports news. I'm still well hacked off this guy has got a job again so easily. The whole England thing has left a bad taste in my mouth and to me it highlights what a crook he is, yet here he is, back in a job, getting paid good money and given how quickly he's back in, I see the England debacle largely being forgotten about

Also, the FA rules govern the premier league if I'm right when it comes to agents' fees and 3rd party ownership. He's managing an English football club, who's to say that he's now not going to do what he got caught saying he would do under cover.

Can't trust the c***

He was talking of the offers he got from Chinese clubs to manage. They're welcome to him. A plastic football culture and a crook would go well together

Well there is a lot of money to be lost by relegation and Sam guarantees survival so it isn't particularly surprising.
  • People who go into every situation looking to find something to be disappointed about so that they can moan and whinge.

In completely unrelated news I have just had the pleasure of my in-laws' company for five days.
  • Any Scot calling Hogmanay New Year's Eve, fair scunners me
  • edited December 2016

We are still in the festive season and the Brexit thread is still at the top. Have a day off ffs.

Just noticed it was slipping down the page - thougt id bump it to get it back towards the top. :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• People making it blatantly obvious that they've put a few pounds on over Christmas and come into work exclaiming that they're only now eating air on brown bread and can be seen sipping a zero gravity shake from a bright pink plastic bottle.

Have a bit more self respect next time Christmas comes round and celebrate Santa Claus/Jesus/Morecambe & Wise as it was intended instead of stuffing your face and chunking out, you porker.
  • Transfer Rumours Thread... It's only Jan 3rd and I am checking it every 10 mins already.
  • The way people go on about Liverpool f@ck me no European football and still 5 points behind Chelsea.

• Being made to feel guilty about weight loss plans by the office fat shamer

Sorry.

It's not so much about the actual weight gain, it's the fact that these blimps have to broadcast their increased poundage to all and sundry. Keep it to yourself tubsters.

• Apology accepted.

Just hope for your sake none of this lot http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/76239/cl-challenge-lets-get-stoned-in-2017/p1 hear your comments
  • Yeah, them lot need to have a good, long look in the mirror if they can find one wide enough.
  • bellz2002 said:

Macronate said:

The 30mph stretch on the A2 at Eltham/Kidbrooke.

Why?

On that note, the new 50 mph limit on Thanet Way.
    Yes what is that all about. I have just moved my mum from Birchington to be closer to me so thankfully will not have to suffer it on a regular basis

• Blimey you're brave @Macronate when they read your comments they'll eat you alive
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!