Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• I started following this Barry o'mahonney on twitter because he was quite empathetic to our plight re: the protests last season. Now I can't stand his tweets. He's a Leeds fan and all of a sudden the tweets against their owner have disappeared as they are 5th in the Champ. Now we're getting tweets about how Reading only bring 150 to Elland Road whereas Leeds sell out the Madejski away end. What a twat. Sorry we can't all be as big a club as Leeds and fake champions of Europe.

Also seems like there's nothing else to do up there if the whole of the male population deem it necessary to leave every weekend they are away from home and follow the team. Well done for being the only team in the city.

What a Pratt, he's really riled me with this 'look at our support' shit
  • The signposting at Lisbon airport.
  • MrOneLung said:

Because they know there are people who run low of petrol on the motorway....?

sorry to be boring, it's largely down to the cost of operations - its significantly more expensive to operate at these sites. Bearing in mind the majority of what you are paying is tax, Pump prices at these sites simply reflect higher operating costs plus, of course, a bit of bunce because you are a captive market.
  • Places like Costa Coffee charging £1.65 to take away a slice of cake but £1.95 to eat the same slice of cake at one of their tables.
  • cabbles said:

I'm a traditionalist and I don't like the way the match previews/match threads have amalgamated into the post match views.

Nor do I @cabbles but as I seem to be flying this plane solo at the moment I was stuck in Lidl with poor signal so it was the best you were going to get!
    You get a better class of signal in Waitrose.
  • MrOneLung said:

sorry to be boring, it's largely down to the cost of operations - its significantly more expensive to operate at these sites. Bearing in mind the majority of what you are paying is tax, Pump prices at these sites simply reflect higher operating costs plus, of course, a bit of bunce because you are a captive market.
    I know. I was pulling the original posters leg.
  • Bumping to precede Ian holloway
  • MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

I know. I was pulling the original posters leg.
    Doh!
  • McBobbin said:

Adverts where the public school Oxbridge cocaine sniffing twunts who created it obviously thought "I know what will appeal to working class people... Whistling in the background"

.............you lucky lucky thing
  • The phrase "reach out to..." instead of getting in touch. Where does this crap begin?
  • Sponsored links:

• IdleHans said:

The phrase "reach out to..." instead of getting in touch. Where does this crap begin?

Have this all the time, then they sign out "Best"
  • More frustrating but had a great dump at work this morning and when I finished I thought for a second there was no toilet paper in my cubicle and that I'd have to penguin shuffle to the next one... thankfully there was a spare roll!!
  • MrOneLung said:

Why would you sit down without wiping the seat first anyway? Madness.

Much less bother when you hover! ;)
  • FFS, stuck at the MIL's and have the choice of being in one room with most of the women talking bollocks or in the other with her uncle, aunt & cousin arguing about Brexit. Have agreed to drive so can't even get smashed to block it out.

Somebody shoot me.

I feel your pain
  • James Bond, pile of shit
  • Sponsored links:

I still enjoy the old bond films, not overly keen on the new ones.

I'm the opposite, hated the old ones, really enjoyed the last two.
  • Hate em all
  • And thebbc
  • And thebbc

Amen to that chum
  • Indispensable tip for a better life:

Watch one Bond film once in your life. This is best done when you are about eight years old. It really doesn't matter which one, as they are all essentially the same. Don't expect anything from it that will be stimulating, thought provoking, or even mildly original. Just enjoy it for the mindless dross that it is: fights, explosions, handsome men, pretty girls and mild sexual innuendo.

Now grow up and never be tempted to watch this film again or any of the others; it will only end in disappointment.
  • Rob, just put "everything in the world ever, and everything that hasn't even happened yet" and you can concentrate on moderating the other threads... :wink:
  • Stig said:

Indispensable tip for a better life:

Watch one Bond film once in your life. This is best done when you are about eight years old. It really doesn't matter which one, as they are all essentially the same. Don't expect anything from it that will be stimulating, thought provoking, or even mildly original. Just enjoy it for the mindless dross that it is: fights, explosions, handsome men, pretty girls and mild sexual innuendo.

Now grow up and never be tempted to watch this film again or any of the others; it will only end in disappointment.

Thing is, imo, if they made it just marginally more believable, I'd enjoy it
  • Rob, just put "everything in the world ever, and everything that hasn't even happened yet" and you can concentrate on moderating the other threads... :wink:

Good thing ibborgs mellowed out since moving to France
  • stonemuse said:

James Bond, pile of shit

I'm the opposite, hated the old ones, really enjoyed the last two.
    Yeh. The Daniel Craig films are much closer to the books. And not having plump middle aged Scotsmen pretending to be well-honed young athletes is a bonus.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!