Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Being laid up with some horrible bastard virus on your birthday. Feel like death.

Same here mate. Had the bloody thing for ages. Thought I'd shifted it but it's back with a vengeance. Typically, I'm on leave as well. Coughed my guts up at my daughters school Christmas show this morning and am due to see the new Star Wars film tomorrow.

Happy birthday BTW.
    Still got the bloody thing. Just got back from the docs and she prescribed antibiotics. The good thing is she said they're OK to drink with as I'm out on the piss with Ricky Otto tomorrow and don't really want to spend time with him sober.
    If you don't lt, don't f**king come. :smile:
    And in English?
    I was going to say it in Belgian, but need to brush up on my English first
  • edited December 2016
    Fiiish said:

No hot water or heating since last night. First engineer was due to arrive by lunchtime but he cancelled at noon as he had more important things to do. Rung around until I finally found one who had a spot free this afternoon. He just cancelled too. Totally criminal way of running a business. Doubt I'll get a discount as fuckwit compensation.

Third day without heating, the third one has now cancelled.

Are all repairmen fuckwits or just the cunts I happen to hire?

Good thing I'm as young and fit as I am. House is so cold a pensioner could be in serious trouble. Total, utter cockwombles.
  • edited December 2016
    Clueless, albeit well intentioned, people who try and advise me on how to do my job.

I'm currently working with a team that idolises one guy, we'll call him Dave. Dave is a really nice guy - genuinely an absolutely great bloke - but there's a bit of confirmation bias in the team about him; namely that because Dave's probably the best guy on the team, he's clearly the best guy in general. This really isn't true; and arguably the team isn't that good. (No offence to Dave or the others.)

I've let him "help" me a few times, because it harms no one and obviously he likes to be helpful. Well today he posted a message aimed at me in the team chat room complete with bolded words. I've had to shoot him down, and now I feel like a giant cock.
  • LuckyReds said:

Clueless, albeit well intentioned, people who try and advise me on how to do my job.

I'm currently working with a team that idolises one guy, we'll call him Dave. Dave is a really nice guy - genuinely an absolutely great bloke - but there's a bit of confirmation bias in the team about him; namely that because Dave's probably the best guy on the team, he's clearly the best guy in general. This really isn't true; and arguably the team isn't that good. (No offence to Dave or the others.)

I've let him "help" me a few times, because it harms no one and obviously he likes to be helpful. Well today he posted a message aimed at me in the team chat room complete with bolded words. I've had to shoot him down, and now I feel like a giant cock.

I'd love to help but am out this afternoon.
    Out, out?

• "blah, blah, blah, some nonsense I may or may not care about, blah, blah, copy this and put it up as your status just for an hour, blah, blah, I know most of you won't do it but some of you will, blah, blah"

wtf does that even mean? putting a status up for an hour isn't how Facebook works
  • rina said:

"blah, blah, blah, some nonsense I may or may not care about, blah, blah, copy this and put it up as your status just for an hour, blah, blah, I know most of you won't do it but some of you will, blah, blah"

wtf does that even mean? putting a status up for an hour isn't how Facebook works

With you on this...

'If you are a true friend you will like this. Then post it on your wall and see how many true friends you have!'

No you fuckwit thats not how you define a friend. In fact if I didn't know for a fact that you'd massively take offense, I would have unfriended you on Facebook already!
  • Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

No hot water or heating since last night. First engineer was due to arrive by lunchtime but he cancelled at noon as he had more important things to do. Rung around until I finally found one who had a spot free this afternoon. He just cancelled too. Totally criminal way of running a business. Doubt I'll get a discount as fuckwit compensation.

Third day without heating, the third one has now cancelled.

Are all repairmen fuckwits or just the cunts I happen to hire?

Good thing I'm as young and fit as I am. House is so cold @Redmidland could be in serious trouble. Total, utter cockwombles.
    ;)
  • rina said:

"blah, blah, blah, some nonsense I may or may not care about, blah, blah, copy this and put it up as your status just for an hour, blah, blah, I know most of you won't do it but some of you will, blah, blah"

Text me Hun x ;)
  • Losing to millwall again
  • Sponsored links:

• Dropping my cheese and crackers on the floor after rushing to the tv :(
  • LuckyReds said:

I'd love to help but am out this afternoon.
    Jealousy is a bitch!
  • Last minute panic at work that is looking like it may impact on my plans to slope off to the pub this afternoon.
  • Having a quick beer after work and actually leaving after one only to find myself on the world's slowest train.
    Not work Rail tossers and signalling problems at London Bridge. It's taken half an hour so far from Charing Cross and still not even at London Bridge yet.
  • edited December 2016
    Carter said:

Drivers without cruise control driving at wildly varying speeds

I'll add to that people using a mobile phone, I mean looking at it. Using one as a phone is bad enough whilst driving but I was behind some raving moron this morning who while looking at her phone ploughed into 2 cars. Fucking chump.

It was easy to see what she was doing. My attention was first attracted as she nearly kerbed a traffic island. Being a dark morning I could also see the inside of her car was illuminated with a light blue glow. So I was happy she wasn't falling asleep or pissed (this was about 6.25am) however not learning from her near miss, and I saw this coming, she must have gone back to whatever she was doing and as I saw a car giving way to another in front of her I had eased off. She didn't and nailed both of them.

Luckily only the cars were hurt which is what I imagine all involved needed this close to Christmas. I pulled over to see if everyone was OK. I collared the woman away from the police and told her I saw her on the phone and if I got wind of her trying to say the accident was anyone else's fault I'd give my dash cam footage to the nice policeman for him to make his own mind up.

To add to this, this ignorant trollop had a child in her car and the magic 'child on board' sign. Like I say everyone luckily was relatively unharmed so I felt within my rights to give her a quiet bollocking away from the main scene of excitement. Once I'd finished being a good samirtian I was on my way to then get caught in the traffic I leave so early in the morning to avoid.

And on the way home some stain on humanity decided to try and cross a busy, fast moving road by pushing their child's buggy out in front of me about 10 yards away doing the fat end of 40. Glad the ABS works.

Some people should be sterilised for the good of everyone around them

Fuck her mate, you should have given the people who got hit your details to act as a witness. It won't be her trying to worm her way out of it but her insurance company and their lawyers.
  • Carter said:

I'll add to that people using a mobile phone, I mean looking at it. Using one as a phone is bad enough whilst driving but I was behind some raving moron this morning who while looking at her phone ploughed into 2 cars. Fucking chump.

It was easy to see what she was doing. My attention was first attracted as she nearly kerbed a traffic island. Being a dark morning I could also see the inside of her car was illuminated with a light blue glow. So I was happy she wasn't falling asleep or pissed (this was about 6.25am) however not learning from her near miss, and I saw this coming, she must have gone back to whatever she was doing and as I saw a car giving way to another in front of her I had eased off. She didn't and nailed both of them.

Luckily only the cars were hurt which is what I imagine all involved needed this close to Christmas. I pulled over to see if everyone was OK. I collared the woman away from the police and told her I saw her on the phone and if I got wind of her trying to say the accident was anyone else's fault I'd give my dash cam footage to the nice policeman for him to make his own mind up.

To add to this, this ignorant trollop had a child in her car and the magic 'child on board' sign. Like I say everyone luckily was relatively unharmed so I felt within my rights to give her a quiet bollocking away from the main scene of excitement. Once I'd finished being a good samirtian I was on my way to then get caught in the traffic I leave so early in the morning to avoid.

And on the way home some stain on humanity decided to try and cross a busy, fast moving road by pushing their child's buggy out in front of me about 10 yards away doing the fat end of 40. Glad the ABS works.

Fuck her mate, you should have given the people who got hit your details to act as a witness. It won't be her trying to worm her way out of it but her insurance company and their lawyers.
    I did, they were all being pretty civil about it and I was happy to not interupt that but I told them if there was any bother to get in touch.
  • Carter said:

Carter said:

I did, they were all being pretty civil about it and I was happy to not interupt that but I told them if there was any bother to get in touch.
    In that case then, top man. There's no need to aggravate it, and it sounds like you've done the best thing really - simply being available if it gets complicated.

I've just read an experience on the UK motorbike sub-reddit, whereby someone was nearly hit by a "20 something year old girl browsing eBay on a tablet" who afterwards began "giving me the finger with one hand, tablet in the other, fuck all holding the wheel"...

There are some utter morons on the road.
  • Carter said:

Carter said:

Nice one mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Adverts for 'Going On a bear hunt'
  • They are calling today Frantic Friday (or something like that) and I've seen several reports from various supermarkets saying how packed they are. (In truth there is hardly anyone there).

I nipped into Tesco Orpington this morning before work.

Car Park was extremely busy in the upper floors and were a lot more people than usual in the store (this was well before 8am)
  • The OXO advert fwhere they forget they're having guests.

Nobody likes a grass kid, especially ginger ones.

still the popular girl grinds my gears more.
  • Waking up at 0940.. when you should've left for work 2 hours before.

On the other hand, I've only really got about 2 hours worth of work left before I knock off for Christmas and have a week off. So happy days there.
  • LuckyReds said:

Waking up at 0940.. when you should've left for work 2 hours before.

On the other hand, I've only really got about 2 hours worth of work left before I knock off for Christmas and have a week off. So happy days there.

If you're already that late, you might as well do it properly and take the time to crack one off.
  • Walked off a job in early November coz the customer 'run out of money', only telling me AFTER I'd lumped out quite a bit of dough for THEIR materials. Got promised at the time that I would be paid the money what is owed (labour and materials) by the 16th of this month. Then on the 16th I was told definitely before Christmas, finally got an email yesterday evening asking if they can pay it off in installments into the new year with a bit more on top??? I think they think I'm the fuckin catalogue!!!!!

Bet they ain't scrimping over Christmas though the parasites
  • Walked off a job in early November coz the customer 'run out of money', only telling me AFTER I'd lumped out quite a bit of dough for THEIR materials. Got promised at the time that I would be paid the money what is owed (labour and materials) by the 16th of this month. Then on the 16th I was told definitely before Christmas, finally got an email yesterday evening asking if they can pay it off in installments into the new year with a bit more on top??? I think they think I'm the fuckin catalogue!!!!!

Wait till they are all asleep on Christmas Eve and burn their house down while they sleep

Wait till they are all asleep on Christmas Eve and burn their house down while they sleep
    I'd need to build it for em first, they're living in the garden in a caravan. Probably burn better
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!