Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• I can't stop laughing at "remanus"
  • The phrase 'libtard'

I get why people hate who this is aimed at, but the actual put down makes no sense and is shit. Stop it.

Same as Brexgit and Remanus

You've just made those up haven't you?
    What one are you? Time to decide...
  • IdleHans said:

Darcy Bussel.
    Should be attractive but theres something about that woman that's like fingernails down a blackboard to me.
    And she's got more teeth than a great white.

Thank you Craig Revel Horwood...
  • Being persuaded by my dentist to have a filling replaced, that had never caused me a days trouble, because in her words, "It's a bit old...".

Two visits later, including some emergency root canal work as a result of her fecking about and also a call to 111 to find another dentist open at the weekend to prescribe me some antibiotics, I'm sitting here in agony, not having slept for 4 nights, £150 lighter with more work to come, with a face that's half Will Self and half James Corden.

Cheers luv!
  • McBobbin said:

I can't stop laughing at "remanus"

Very childish
  • edited December 2016

Being persuaded by my dentist to have a filling replaced, that had never caused me a days trouble, because in her words, "It's a bit old...".

Two visits later, including some emergency root canal work as a result of her fecking about and also a call to 111 to find another dentist open at the weekend to prescribe me some antibiotics, I'm sitting here in agony, not having slept for 4 nights, £150 lighter with more work to come, with a face that's half Will Self and half James Corden.

Cheers luv!

I'm quite sure some do it for the money. I was always having fillings, which I don't think were needed.

(insert your own jokes ooo err).
  • Postman Pat
  • Into the Valley Forum
  • Postman Pat

Not exactly a role model is he? He's about as good as his job as Katrien Meire
  • Sponsored links:

• McBobbin said:

Postman Pat

That's why she blamed him for the season tickets not being delivered.
  • McBobbin said:

Postman Pat

No wonder they had to privatise Royal Mail..
  • Jesus Christ. People genuinely complaining that the Armed Police Officers at a Christmas market were smiling: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-38281451?ocid=socialflow_twitter&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=twitter

Not to mention the dribble about not wanting to see armed police officers on the streets. How deluded are people?

They're there for a reason, and the fact the public are being encouraged to have a chat with them - hence the smiles - is f-cking brilliant, and designed to prevent stupid outrage.

Same outrage mob who will be the first to cry "Where were the police?", if (God forbid) something did happen.

On the other hand, the chap on the right has a nice looking shooter.
  • LuckyReds said:

Jesus Christ. People genuinely complaining that the Armed Police Officers at a Christmas market were smiling: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-38281451?ocid=socialflow_twitter&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=twitter

Not to mention the dribble about not wanting to see armed police officers on the streets. How deluded are people?

They're there for a reason, and the fact the public are being encouraged to have a chat with them - hence the smiles - is f-cking brilliant, and designed to prevent stupid outrage.

Same outrage mob who will be the first to cry "Where were the police?", if (God forbid) something did happen.

On the other hand, the chap on the right has a nice looking shooter.

Clueless mate
  • edited December 2016
    I'm on a roll this morning; I'm making Victor Meldrew look like a happy git.

I had a surprisingly pleasant commute - keeping a keen eye on the posh birds - before arriving at the office... the office that after 4 weeks still hasn't given me a pass. I don't reckon I'll have one by the time I leave to be honest. (That's actually convenient, the pass is used for logging time - and I often go for a walk, so I know it would get flagged up.) Oh well...

I then have a call at 10am, suddenly it turns in to a group call, I still don't know where the quiet spots are in this office - and I also wasn't expecting the call. Turns out something I'd negotiated last week is being changed; quite drastically. Oh well..

Then I check my messages from Friday to see what's on my agenda, and I realise there was another change to what I'd agreed last week. Oh well, shit happens..

Then I realise that I flew to sodding Dublin on Monday evening, and got back late on Tuesday - with the flu, and felt knackered on Wednesday and Thursday.. for what? Apparently nothing was achieved other than the waste of two hotel rooms, 4 flights and around 3 days of productivity.

Lastly, I nip out to grab coffee and speak to the security gaurd. I asked him what he got up to over the weekend: well, we had the office christmas do... Oh right, awesome, nice to know. Nevermind...

I'm now sitting on the shitter, thinking about the next 7 and a half hour hours of sitting in a massive office where I only know one person.. There's been no attempt made at introductions, and seemingly no one cares. (Edit: Just returned to my desk to overhear... fuck knows who.. talking about me being on location for one of their partner companies for a lunch this week? Thanks for the heads up.)

To top it all off? Last week I had the rather awkward chat of "Don't negotiate any new contracts for the end of January, at least not until we talk. I'm already pencilling you in for a few more months here.". So now I need to assess how to politely remove that option, all whilst looking out for the bloke who said it, as he's a real diamond. I don't really want any of this mess to reflect badly on him, he's been solid.
  • LuckyReds said:

I'm on a roll this morning; I'm making Victor Meldrew look like a happy git.

I had a surprisingly pleasant commute - keeping a keen eye on the posh birds - before arriving at the office... the office that after 4 weeks still hasn't given me a pass. I don't reckon I'll have one by the time I leave to be honest. (That's actually convenient, the pass is used for logging time - and I often go for a walk, so I know it would get flagged up.) Oh well...

I then have a call at 10am, suddenly it turns in to a group call, I still don't know where the quiet spots are in this office - and I also wasn't expecting the call. Turns out something I'd negotiated last week is being changed; quite drastically. Oh well..

Then I check my messages from Friday to see what's on my agenda, and I realise there was another change to what I'd agreed last week. Oh well, shit happens..

Then I realise that I flew to sodding Dublin on Monday evening, and got back late on Tuesday - with the flu, and felt knackered on Wednesday and Thursday.. for what? Apparently nothing was achieved other than the waste of two hotel rooms, 4 flights and around 3 days of productivity.

Lastly, I nip out to grab coffee and speak to the security gaurd. I asked him what he got up to over the weekend: well, we had the office christmas do... Oh right, awesome, nice to know. Nevermind...

I'm now sitting on the shitter, thinking about the next 7 and a half hour hours of sitting in a massive office where I only know one person.. There's been no attempt made at introductions, and seemingly no one cares. (Edit: Just returned to my desk to overhear... fuck knows who.. talking about me being on location for one of their partner companies for a lunch this week? Thanks for the heads up.)

To top it all off? Last week I had the rather awkward chat of "Don't negotiate any new contracts for the end of January, at least not until we talk. I'm already pencilling you in for a few more months here.". So now I need to assess how to politely remove that option, all whilst looking out for the bloke who said it, as he's a real diamond. I don't really want any of this mess to reflect badly on him, he's been solid.

apart from that, a great day :wink:
  • Thinking of a good thing to put in this thread yesterday and then forgetting what it was!
  • festive drinkers that insist on ordering mulled wine in a pub

1.) it stinks
    2.) it takes ages to serve
  • Sponsored links:

• The fact that you can't change your username on Charlton Life (I don't think), meaning my username has been irrelevant since March 2014
  • The fact that you can't change your username on Charlton Life (I don't think), meaning my username has been irrelevant since March 2014

But it's a fitting tribute to a great man. Also, if you were able to change your username to an appropriate one for the current head coach/manager, you'd probably be in hospital with repetitive strain injury by now.
  • edited December 2016

The fact that you can't change your username on Charlton Life (I don't think), meaning my username has been irrelevant since March 2014

You must feel for @Slade\\\'s Army!! .
  • Thought of an awesome present for my wife for Christmas (We gave each other £40 as a budget to get whatever we wanted).

She's just been given her Secret Santa present at work, she loves it and its the exact same thing I was going to buy her myself... Instead I'm now back to the drawing board!!!
  • Just my two cents - a drawing board will make for a shit present.

lol! Okay then what about an Ironing Board?
  • The wife yesterday when she thought I was going to toot the motor in front for parking in the middle of the road.
    She did have a point though it was a private ambulance.
    Thank f@ck she said you do know what that is?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!